PDA

View Full Version : Powerboat P1 USA Debut’s Support at OSS Season Opener in Biloxi, Live Racing On-Line

dmartiniup
05-23-2010, 09:21 AM
With the typical pre-season banter, bench racing and anticipation, the race teams of the Offshore Super Series (OSS) are teamed up with Super Boat International (SBI) for the first joint race of the 2010 North American offshore racing season in Biloxi, MS. The event also represents the initial event for the teams running under the Powerboat P1 USA flag featuring the Super V Lite class (SVL), and will be carried live on talkoffshore.com beginning at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.

“I was thrilled to see the fleet with their new look supporting the P1 UIM format,” said Martin Sanborn, Director of North American Operations. “The teams are all pumped up and looking forward to hitting the waters of the gulf on Sunday.”

The SVL class has been the talk of the sport in North America as they have aligned themselves as a group committed to running races together with the various sanctioning organizations here in the USA. A large portion of that attention has been focused on the newest team to enter the class, Mike Janssen’s new 30’ Fountain, “We’ve Got Your Back” referencing their back surgery sponsor Aospine of the Lakewood, Colorado. The boat is the first new boat to be built for the class specifically for the P1 USA format.

“The [SVL] teams are a great group, and the class is something that I can enter with my son,” according to Janssen who also runs the very fast Super-V Unlimited Saratoga Stampede. “With the closely controlled rules, the class is very competitive, while running at speeds that are generally much safer,” he continued.

Powerboat P1 USA is supporting the class with a contingency sponsorship designed to encourage the teams to maintain a high minimum boat count, and showcase a high level of professionalism to event producers as well as series and team sponsors. Additionally, the sponsorship requires participation in the UIM national federation in the USA, the American Powerboat Association (APBA).

The Sunday race will be covered live in multiple media formats, including television, print, and local broadcast radio presented on P1 Radio by Talk Offshore. Fans can tune into the live action on the web at www.talkoffshore.com.