PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY SEEN THIS ????

DAREDEVIL
05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/boa/1741876090.html

slpcamaross97
05-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Yep. I called and left a message and got no return call. i was wondering if it was turn key. have someone on stand by thats local to look at just waiting for the call.

Buoy
05-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Rigging is a bit "rough":rolleyes: (Looks like household black or galvanized pipe coming out of the Thermostat, amongst many other "questionables")

Isn't a 28' with twin BBC's gonna be pretty azz heavy?

Don't get me wrong, it could be a pretty cool project, but it does look like it is a bit of a project.

And SLP, you were the first person I thought of when I saw the pics...
It's already Yellow.

DAREDEVIL
05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
No black pipes..all hoses ( marine grade ) !

also looks like #3 SSM ..not bad !!!!:cheers2:

Buoy
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
No black pipes..all hoses ( marine grade ) !

also looks like #3 SSM ..not bad !!!!:cheers2:

Scott, look at the top of the thermostat housings, look at the valve cover breather tubes, and just take a closer look overall.

I'm not bagging on you, matter of fact, I'm kinda entertained by you with your posts... BUT

If you think this is good rigging, it may explain a few DNF's:sifone:

I just see alot of things I would want to address.

DAREDEVIL
05-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Scott, look at the top of the thermostat housings, look at the valve cover breather tubes, and just take a closer look overall.

I'm not bagging on you, matter of fact, I'm kinda entertained by you with your posts... BUT

If you think this is good rigging, it may explain a few DNF's:sifone:

I just see alot of things I would want to address.

LOl,,,i am not saying its good rigging , but its brass fitting on the term housing,,which is fine for a overflow line..now on the breathers..ok i would actually stick some filters on it ..other then that they don't look all that bad,, i seen worse....

BTW,,all my DNF where either broken crank or leaking trim cylinder that kind of stuff..never had any thing else wrong..oh...i had a hole in the hull once.and a couple of holes in pistons..lol:rolleyes::sifone:

Buoy
05-19-2010, 11:26 PM
LOl,,,i am not saying its good rigging , but its brass fitting on the term housing,,which is fine for a overflow line..now on the breathers..ok i would actually stick some filters on it ..other then that they don't look all that bad,, i seen worse....

BTW,,all my DNF where either broken crank or leaking trim cylinder that kind of stuff..never had any thing else wrong..oh...i had a hole in the hull once.and a couple of holes in pistons..lol:rolleyes::sifone:

Like I said, just bustin balls

bit I think it still looks a bit rough

DAREDEVIL
05-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Like I said, just bustin balls

bit I think it still looks a bit rough

For 16 K i think its actually a good buy..2 BBC , 2 SSM, complete boat ( 28 ' PANTERA ) and a trailer..what do u ecspect for that money ?!

little TLC and it should be a nice boat !!!!! ( 70+ MPH ) and room for lots more with the SSM !!!!!!!:cheers2:

Dude! Sweet!
05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Had a buddy that asked me what I thought my boat was worth just the other day and I mentioned this boat... If you can't sell this boat for $20k, low price used HP boat market is DEAD.

ar15meister
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Props and drives on that boat are not cheap. I would figure in 3-5k rebuilds on each engine right off the bat and 3-5k per side in drive rebuilds. Plus it would likely have smaller things like gauges that dont work, smelly cabin, old upholstery, etc.

Check the props too and I would sea test it and make sure those are the right props for the boat and the guy didnt keep another, better set. . propping a boat like that if you have to do alot of phucking around would be a pain and $$.

stormrider
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE GONNA START A THREAD ABOUT THE SAME BOAT?!?!?!?!

btw, its in caps cause i'm F'N YELLING!!!