PDA

View Full Version : Latest Addition to my Collection

Edward R. Cozzi
05-18-2010, 09:54 PM
It's a 1999 edition of the 1986 Countach kit car. It has the 4.6L Northstar V-8 Cadillac engine from a 1994 STS. It's a mess, but I got it started using a remote starter switch and some fresh gas!

Perlmudder
05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
cool!

Davidmnc
05-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Cool. What does the interior look like?

Edward R. Cozzi
05-19-2010, 07:33 AM
It's practically gutted. It was at a shop that was ripping the owner off pretty effectively. The owner passed away and I bought it from his estate. The engine has a knock, but it seems to be getting quieter, so I think I have a collapsed lifter or cam follower. I have a spare Northstar if I need it, but this one seems to just need some TLC. As long as I must do the interior anyway, I'm going to use the Lambo gauges and leather like the real thing.

This is not the Fiero kit. It has a welded tube frame.

Slandrew
05-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Keep the pictures coming sounds like it's fun project :driving:I had a Caddy did the same thing ran 4 ever good luck!

Griswald
05-19-2010, 09:30 AM
that thing should be a lot of fun with that drivetrain. At least it's not some chees'd-up Fiero. Cool project!

jhenrie
05-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Who's kit is it? I worked on a couple over the years. Prova were a challenge. I did some work on one out of washington state that was pretty cool. Complete mild steel tube frame. Can't remember the name just now , I'll scan some pics. I took the prova wing and poped a mold as it was much closer to the origional than the one that came with the kit. Sold a bunch of those wings , fast and furious before its time !! Your ducts look very much like the one I was working on. We did a sb chev with a porsche gearbox. All tubualr a arms and fully adjustable suspension. Bringing back nightmares.

Edward R. Cozzi
05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I believe it was a kit from a company in the Orlando area, but I'm not sure. I'm still trying to get information. What I REALLY need is a wiring schematic. Bunches of relays, fuses, circuit breakers and solenoids that are unmarked. The color coding of the wires follows no rhyme or reason that I've ever seen. Time and patience will be needed for this one.

POWERPLAY33
05-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats! some of those kits were spot on with dimentions...

Edward R. Cozzi
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
According to some kit car guys I have the upgraded kit using the real windows. The steering column has the Mopar emblem on a tag.