PDA

View Full Version : OSS CARES REVS UP FOR AN ACTIVE SEASON

indyracegirl
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
OSS Cares Revs Up For an Active Season

New Partnership with Hope Haven Children's Services and a visit with local Veterans will kick off the first race of 2010.

BILOXI, MS - Offshore Super Series (OSS) racers, friends and families are sharing their excitement for the start of a new season. OSS Cares, a non-profit organization dedicated to reaching out to the communities that host OSS races, will extend its hospitality to Biloxi's children, as well as its veterans, at the first race of the season during the weekend of May 21-23.

Friday, racers will bring their powerboats to the VA Gulf Coast Medical Center for a meet and greet with local veterans and patients. U.S. Navy veteran and driver for team Never Forget, Josh Lamirato, will be among the racers in attendance.

Hope Haven Children's Services, a community-based non-profit organization that funds and operates a shelter home for abused and neglected children, assists foster families and children aging out of the foster care system, and helps families in crisis, will bring their children and house parents out to the race site for a V.I.P. experience on Saturday. This will include a behind the scenes tour of the powerboats and a meet and greet with the racers and their teams. They will also be granted access to all of the weekend's events-allowing them to watch the race and attend the award ceremonies.

"When I received news that OSS Cares invited us to attend the upcoming race, I couldn't wait to call the home and tell our house parents and children," said Terry Latham, Director of Hope Haven Children's Services. "The children we serve never get to do to things like this. Most of them have parents who never even took them fishing, so it will be a real treat for them to attend."
OSS Cares plans to continue creating rewarding partnerships throughout the 2010 season and is currently developing plans for future races.

"I am really excited about the possible partnerships and opportunities that 2010 will bring," said Maisy Page, Founder and Director of OSS Cares. "Our OSS family continuously impresses me with their willingness to embrace my ideas. They have encouraged me and I want to do everything I can to encourage others to pursue their dreams."

OSS Cares represents the humanitarian hearts of the OSS Family and is a way of demonstrating the commitment OSS has to the communities visited during race season. OSS Cares supports a wide variety of causes that reflect the core values of the entire OSS Family, in an effort to use the passion that the teams have for the sport to make a difference in the lives of the people who need it most. OSS is the only powerboat racing association to support its own charity. Visit www.osscares.org to learn more about OSS Cares and its mission. For more information about Hope Haven Children's Services visit www.hopehavenshelter.org