PDA

View Full Version : Stereo remote paint?

VetteLT193
05-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I have two CPS stereo remotes. They must have made a batch of these things with bad plastic or something because one of the two is now a nice shade of tan. the other is still bright white.

I'm thinking about taking it out, apart, and painting it. Anyone ever try this? Of course the one that fades is the one on the dash next to everything white Vs. the one that no one would notice. :smash:

rchevelle71
05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
If you can pull it apart, so that you can paint just the housing, Krylon Fusion works well.

DAREDEVIL
05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I have two CPS stereo remotes. They must have made a batch of these things with bad plastic or something because one of the two is now a nice shade of tan. the other is still bright white.

I'm thinking about taking it out, apart, and painting it. Anyone ever try this? Of course the one that fades is the one on the dash next to everything white Vs. the one that no one would notice. :smash:

I would look on e-bay and just buy an other one thats nice and change it !!!!

Less hassle..

Sydwayz
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I painted my Sony RM-10 remote face successfully with Krylon Fusion. It's the sun that browns them.

Be aware though that when you open it, you are likely to affect it's water resistant construction.

Perlmudder
05-07-2010, 11:58 AM
maybe just switch the remotes...?

Andrew
05-07-2010, 01:05 PM
maybe just switch the remotes...?

My thought also

VetteLT193
05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I thought about switching them but the forward one is a total pain in the rear to get to. I am planning on changing the wheel to a metallic red one to match the boat paint anyway so I was thinking about painting the remote to match.

If that's a pain then I don't know what to do. I was hoping someone had done this before because these remotes are a total PITA to find anymore. I am not sure if they are no longer made or what but I have only found one place that still sells them but they are black instead of white.

I'd consider just buying a Sony one but I have no idea if the CPS remote will work with the Sony remote. I really would like a 3rd remote on the swim platform anyway so I could use this yellowed one there.