PDA

View Full Version : To the Gulf Coast Boat Owners with quotes pending

insurancegoddess
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Just trying to get the word out here...

Well, we knew it was coming but didn't know how fast the carriers would or would not react to the oil spill in the gulf.

Several carriers have put out binding restrictions on all types of boats that have Gulf waters exposure until further notice...

So..... for all of you who are sitting on quotes and had intentions of binding them in the future... now is the time while you still are able. There are still some carriers that are willing to write the coverage but several big carriers have shut down.

So, my point.... if you were planning on buying insurance and have a quote in your hand, get on the phone to the broker soon and pull the trigger before you no longer are able to because the carrier has issued their binding restriction.

If you have a quote from Wake Zone pending and want to know if this affects you, please call us and we'll let you know. We still have carriers writing that we can move you to if your quote is from a carrier currently under restriction.

DAREDEVIL
05-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Here in florida nobody can insure my boat ....funny !!!!!!!

insurancegoddess
05-06-2010, 09:07 PM

Nobody can insure it? or it's too expensive to insure?... Because I can insure your boat.

I'm sorry i'm not good at recognizing people on forums... have we talked within the last 6 months? I have a carrier that will write any type of boat... no joke. Just quoted a 190mph turbine boat...So give me a call if you want to chat.

Quinlan
05-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Even if you have 1 little 15 over speeding ticket! NOT

insurancegoddess
05-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Even if you have 1 little 15 over speeding ticket! NOT

??? Are you saying that we won't write someone with a speeding ticket?!?!?! Sorry... not getting your "NOT" comment ;) I think I am missing something

With our agency you can have several of those... just hope you're sitting down when we give you your quote.... Most carriers will allow up to 3 speeds just no Majors like "careless driving, reckless or DUI/DWI".... We have a carrier that will take those boaters that other carriers won't even look twice at....

Anyways...
Example of one of our recent clients... to most brokers this would be a "heck" no....
30 year old males, with a 127mph CAT... Driving record has 2 speeding tickets, a suspension and a DUI.... WE WROTE HIS POLICY WITH NO ISSUES... premium wasn't pretty but at least we said "yes" :)

Back to the thread topic..... PENDING GULF QUOTES - RESTRICTION WARNING :)

Quinlan
05-09-2010, 05:08 PM
You denied me. O well life goes on

insurancegoddess
05-12-2010, 03:58 PM
I highly doubt you were denied (unless it was prior to 2008).. what I probably said was something that goes like this: " Dear So and so, unfortunatley our regular markets are not willing to write coverage for your boat. We do however have a market that will consider and their premium is indicated at $(higher number). If this is something that is of interest to you or that you would consider, please let me know and we can pursue that for you"

If you would like to call me to discuss you particular situation and so that I can pull your quote file, then please feel free to email me, call me or PM me. I can't tell who you are from your screen name. :( Sorry.

We do not deny anyone (as of 12/2008). So, if you say you were denied maybe it was before that date or you didn't like the alternatives I gave you??? I would like to discuss.

Quinlan
05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
It was OCT 08 on a 02 Gun. No problem I have cleared my driving record so maybe when I renew in Nov this yr I will holla. FYI my screen name is my last name.

insurancegoddess
05-12-2010, 07:01 PM
It was OCT 08 on a 02 Gun. No problem I have cleared my driving record so maybe when I renew in Nov this yr I will holla. FYI my screen name is my last name.

Perfect! Definitely give me a call when you're closer to your renewal. I will also flag your quote file to follow up with you in Sept/Oct. Have a great summer!

fixxxer22
05-19-2010, 02:18 PM

DareDevil's boat is a race boat. Used to race. dont think there is insurance for that kind of sport.

insurancegoddess
05-21-2010, 04:13 PM
DareDevil's boat is a race boat. Used to race. dont think there is insurance for that kind of sport.

Of course there is.... we cover race boats on and off the water... during and not during a race...When I say "we insure ANY boat... I mean... any boat." :)

DAREDEVIL
05-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Of course there is.... we cover race boats on and off the water... during and not during a race...When I say "we insure ANY boat... I mean... any boat." :)

Well, then lets just post a quote here !!!!

My boat ..year 1992, ~ 600 HP and 32 ' long ....
stored in a locked back yard at my house under a huge car port.
trailer and boat worth ~ 60 K ( in todays market )
Speed ~80+ MPH and never used as a pleasure boat,,,only for racing and test runs !

My age 39, my boating years since i am 17 ....Scott Rutherford, adress : XXXX, Bradenton Fl, 34207 .. let me know what else u need ..

Thanks

insurancegoddess
05-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, then lets just post a quote here !!!!

My boat ..year 1992, ~ 600 HP and 32 ' long ....
stored in a locked back yard at my house under a huge car port.
trailer and boat worth ~ 60 K ( in todays market )
Speed ~80+ MPH and never used as a pleasure boat,,,only for racing and test runs !

My age 39, my boating years since i am 17 ....Scott Rutherford, adress : XXXX, Bradenton Fl, 34207 .. let me know what else u need ..

Thanks

Need you to email me current photos of the boat if possible: s.shute@wakezoneinsurance.com

If it is only used as a race boat there is a lot more info that I need that I highly doubt you want to make public. Please post your email and I will email you details and additional info request this weekend.

We can do it no problem just a different application process than a personal use boat.

Thanks.

DAREDEVIL
05-21-2010, 08:57 PM
pic KW 09..still looks the same

DAREDEVIL
05-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Which Private info do u need, i could PM it to u !!!!!:cheers2:

I have NO tickets at all and never been in Jail ,,in the US ..lol

insurancegoddess
05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Which Private info do u nee, i could PM it to u !!!!!:cheers2:

I have NO tickets at all and never been in Jail ,,in the US ..lol

OK good... as long as it wasn't in the US then we're cool!...anywhere else is totally fine ;) hahaha

insurancegoddess
05-24-2010, 06:05 PM
OK... so.... I gotta say, I'm not comfortable at all posting a quote online because too many could take it out of context, make assumptions and not know the background behind the rate assessed. .. so, that said, I will be sending the quote to you direct. Sorry, I'm just not comfortable with giving a rate in a forum like this....

Bottom line and I think all that people need to know is: we write race boat insurance, in nearly all states for experienced and qualified racers, something most brokers and insurance companies would give a big... H#$% NO to... :)

insurancegoddess
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the quote,,,BUT WAY TO HIGH...i think its redicilous !!!!:ack2:
I would not post that # either if i where u .
Sorry

RACE INSURANCE AND PERSONAL INSURANCE ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS.

Our rates on the personal side of things are great and we have tons of options for people...

As I said, I didn't even remotely expect you to want to get the race insurance. :) But you asked, so I answered. Have a good one.