PDA

View Full Version : OPA - Geico TV Press Release

Ron P
04-29-2010, 11:23 PM
READY, SET, SMILE, ACTION!!!!

Brick, New Jersey. The OPA Offshore Racing Series presented by GEICO is proud to announce a comprehensive race programming schedule with VERSUS, the fastest growing sports cable network in the country. The eight race series will air Sunday, November 14, at 4 p.m. ET and run consecutive Sundays at 4 p.m. ET thru Jan 2, 2011.

Each episode will showcase the on and off water action as the world's top offshore racers battle for the coveted title of World Champion. The first episode will feature a comprehensive overview of the sport and allow viewers to experience the first race from Ocean City, Md. The final episode culminates with the World Championships from Orange Beach, Ala.

The OPA Offshore Racing Series presented by GEICO will be filmed in high definition by Tampa Digital Studios, Inc. and will focus on all the racing action, technology, equipment, personalities and behind-the-scenes drama associated with world class offshore racing.

The racers can thank John Haggin, Team Owner of World Champion AMF/Miss GEICO Racing Team, and William McComb, Team Owner of Rock Star Energy Drink Racing Team for their tireless efforts and financial backing to bring the sport of offshore racing to the masses through national television. The future of the sport of offshore racing has never been brighter.

For more information please visit our website or contact Fluid Media, LLC directly at 561-963-3438. For information on commercial advertising please contact CFT Consulting at 914-843-1414.

AugiePensa
04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Well "youse" wanted TV! Now ya got it. Lets make the very best of it. Thanks to Haggin, Billy, Scotty.

phragle
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM
CHIT!!! I'm gonna need a ski mask, If my parole officer sees me in the pits on tv..I'm SCREWED!!!!

Next Generation
04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow Thats Awsome! Thanks Haggin, Scotty, and And William! What a great Promotion for the Sport! Have a great time out there, I can't wait to watch! Awsome Job Guys.

Jr

38fountainSC
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Nice, looking forward to watching boat racing next winter.

Whoz Your Daddy
04-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow Thats Awsome! Thanks Haggin, Scotty, and And William! What a great Promotion for the Sport! Have a great time out there, I can't wait to watch! Awsome Job Guys.

Jr

Billy sure would be better TV with your dad and you out there with us!!!!

POWERPLAY33
04-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Congrats!!!! I have a complaint. I offered to donate my time and PM'd certain people that were asking for volunteers with no response... I also went to a VERY poorly put together fundraiser for the Harrison twp. race. What gives?

Next Generation
05-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Billy sure would be better TV with your dad and you out there with us!!!!

Thanks! We Will Be there in Spirit!

Jr.

DAREDEVIL
05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks! We Will Be there in Spirit!

Jr.

Does that mean your not racing against me in S.I.B ?????

mmmmmhhhhhh at least that one u guys could do !!!!:confused::toetap05:

relible one
05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
How can you call any fundraiser poorly put together,at least these people made a attempt to raise money for a race! I dont know who you are!but I take that as a insult,There are alot of people that work hard to put on a race(dean,rick,tom,beacon cove,any many many others,So u can take your complant and write it on a piece of paper and wipe ur azz with it....Bob

DAREDEVIL
05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
How can you call any fundraiser poorly put together,at least these people made a attempt to raise money for a race! I dont know who you are!but I take that as a insult,There are alot of people that work hard to put on a race(dean,rick,tom,beacon cove,any many many others,So u can take your complant and write it on a piece of paper and wipe ur azz with it....Bob

Bob, wow...u did not mean me , did u ??? :confused::eek:

Please quote the people u are quoting,, because it just looks odd !
I also think he came across a little ruff but he wants to help as well !

relible one
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
No not u..If you want to help be positive not negitive,and don"t take your complaint on a public forum,If he was at the party, there were all sorts of people he could have talk to But don"t come here and say it was a poor attempt!....Bob

DAREDEVIL
05-01-2010, 07:41 PM
No not u..If you want to help be positive not negitive,and don"t take your complaint on a public forum,If he was at the party, there were all sorts of people he could have talk to But don"t come here and say it was a poor attempt!....Bob

Gotchya !!!!!

like i said i think he did not mean it like it sounds !!!
He is a good guy !!!:cheers2:

Ratickle
05-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Congrats!!!! I have a complaint. I offered to donate my time and PM'd certain people that were asking for volunteers with no response... I also went to a VERY poorly put together fundraiser for the Harrison twp. race. What gives?

Not the best comment to win friends.

These guys try hard, you should reword your comment. This will be the fourth (I'm pretty sure, I'll have to check my flyer from last year) Harrison race. It has grown every year. Last year I ran in it as my first race ever. Had a great time, thought they did a great job.

PM T2R and see what he knows about some assistance you can help with.

relible one
05-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hijack your GREAT NEWS Ron...Just got alittle upset....THanks Bob

phragle
05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I have been volunteering with OPA for a couple years now and they treat me very well. They are all pretty much insanely busy people and for me it was a matter of finally getting ahold of the right person and the pieces all fell in place.
As for the fund raiser, I have been to busy to make it up there this spring, I know they did the bowling deal and the comedy thing for St Claire, both new as they usually did kart 2 kart, not sure what they did for Harrison. But having been to kart to kart before and to several races, to the outsider, well to anyone it can at time resemble complete and utter chaos. In the end though it all comes together nicely.

Wahoo 214
05-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks Bob. Rick and I put the Harrison race on the past two years, for 2010 we passed the event on to the locals that benefit from the event.

Instead of complaining, I would say sell some advertising in the program to make the event happen or stay home.

Slandrew
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
:USA:Great news the TV thing will bring more interest to our sport:cheers2: