PDA

View Full Version : Pedal Biking

Magic Medicine
04-29-2010, 07:27 AM
We have an injuried crew member due to a tragic pedal biking accident. No it was Tall Mike! Yesterday Keith, aka lady gaga aka nytro boy, broke his wing while pedal biking. I am not yet sure the extent of his injury or how it will affect his partying and boat for this upcoming summer? Lets wish him a quick and easy recovery!

Get well soon brother:cheers2:

Andy

redhotsommer
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
And he did it on an EASY trail!

We were moving pretty good along a wide multiuse gravel trail, going downhill. I was leading with another guy on my right and Keith right behind him. There was a little rise in the trail, I launched it and kicked the tail out a bit, landed and kept going...but the guy next to me slowed down right after the jump. Keith was in mid-air at that point, and couldn't avoid the other guy. I turned around just in time to see the crash...he glanced off the other dude, then went straight to the ground...whacked his head pretty good to...thank god for the brain bucket. Arm started swelling INSTANTLY and I rode with him back to his truck. Bummer.

Tony M
04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
And he did it on an EASY trail!

We were moving pretty good along a wide multiuse gravel trail, going downhill. I was leading with another guy on my right and Keith right behind him. There was a little rise in the trail, I launched it and kicked the tail out a bit, landed and kept going...but the guy next to me slowed down right after the jump. Keith was in mid-air at that point, and couldn't avoid the other guy. I turned around just in time to see the crash...he glanced off the other dude, then went straight to the ground...whacked his head pretty good to...thank god for the brain bucket. Arm started swelling INSTANTLY and I rode with him back to his truck. Bummer. O U C H ! Get well soon! "about 6 weeks for most breaks" that sucks!:(

OBNOXUS
04-29-2010, 09:13 AM
see,,,,,all that fitness stuff can kill ya !!!!!

Magic Medicine
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
You kids your pedal bikes and your wheelies and endos. I'll stick to me beer and my couch!

redhotsommer
04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
You are a couch-ridin' sunofabiiiich!

MILD THUNDER
04-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Poor keith. hope he has a speedy recovery. He told me he is going to a single speed schwinn with spring seat, and stickin to the paved roads from now on. Good thing he had his hard hat on last night.

redhotsommer
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
What's wrong with single-speed? That's what I ride! Who needs gears?

Twin Whackas
04-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Get well soon Keith. Stick to my forms of exercise and you will be safe....gambling, eating, and sleeping. The only thing that ever gets broke this way is your bank account. :sifone:

We have an injuried crew member due to a tragic pedal biking accident. No it was Tall Mike! Yesterday Keith, aka lady gaga aka nytro boy, broke his wing while pedal biking. I am not yet sure the extent of his injury or how it will affect his partying and boat for this upcoming summer? Lets wish him a quick and easy recovery!

Get well soon brother:cheers2:

Andy

redhotsommer
04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Get well soon Keith. Stick to my forms of exercise and you will be safe....gambling, eating, and sleeping. The only thing that ever gets broke this way is your bank account. :sifone:

Don't forget your strict dietary regimen of ALL MEAT, ALL THE TIME. :cheers2:

Magic Medicine
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Don't forget your strict dietary regimen of ALL MEAT, ALL THE TIME. :cheers2:

:eek::leaving:

Don't forget the imodium

B.Z.
04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Man sorry Keith...hope you get better soon....but that's what you get for trying to keep up with the Hippy Kid on a bike!!!!!

420NytroBoy69
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I hope to be back in action soon. Thanks for all the best wishes!:cheers2:

MILD THUNDER
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Are those race bikes all single speed mike? Or do they have gears? I remember buying my first mountain bike. 21 speed "millenium??". Thats really alot of gears. Mine had the push button shimano shifters. I remember letting my buddies borrow it to ride to the store down the street. They didnt know how to shift it or anything about gears. So i always left it in the lowest gear so they would be peddling there a$$es off at 3mph....Fun...

Then i got mine...several older black kids from the projects bike-jacked me for it while headed to a buddies house. Ended up getting it back about a week later though! :boxing_smiley:

I was a peddle bikin sob back in the day...

MILD THUNDER
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope to be back in action soon. Thanks for all the best wishes!:cheers2:

We need to get you one of those carts i see mom's and dad's pulling their kids around in. Strap you in there with a cold cocktail, and mikey can tow you around. Great workout for him, and no down time from the trail for you. :)

420NytroBoy69
04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
We need to get you one of those carts i see mom's and dad's pulling their kids around in. Strap you in there with a cold cocktail, and mikey can tow you around. Great workout for him, and no down time from the trail for you. :)

That sounds like a great plan broken arm or not!

B.Z.
04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Keith maybe you should try one of these????

redhotsommer
04-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Joe...it depends on the race and the rider. I've got a pretty full arsenal, but I am partial to singlespeeds because I am a glutton for punishment...plus I love to torch guys on geared bikes using just one gear. I rode singlespeeds all week (I've got two), so tomorrow I will treat myself to 27 speeds, 4+ inches of suspension front AND back, and disk brakes.

OBNOXUS
04-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Im liking the you pulling us around theory !!!!!!

Magic Medicine
04-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Im liking the you pulling us around theory !!!!!!
:iamwithstupid:

Tony M
04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Keith maybe you should try one of these????

That's Andy's Style Only the back would have a 52qt cooler in the back with only Miller lite on ice just enough for 1 trip around the Park :driving: :cheers2:. from 1 bench to the next.

jayhawk261
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM

Us fatboy roadies need gears! I hate to call myself a roadie, but I do that way more than I get to ride trail unfortunately!

You said Michelle got a new ride? What'd she get? I've got a new Cannondale Carbon roadie on the way if it ever comes in! Went to a 29er hard tail for trails last year and love it!

Oh, and single speeds and fixies are for trouble makers!

redhotsommer
05-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Got her a Rocky Mountain Solo70...full carbon. Lucky girl. Going for it's first ride in an hour. I am secretly hoping she doesn't like it so I can have it. ;)

Hopefully I'll be picking up a Cannondale cyclocross bike on the cheap in the next week or so...

Magic Medicine
05-03-2010, 07:00 PM
That's Andy's Style Only the back would have a 52qt cooler in the back with only Miller lite on ice just enough for 1 trip around the Park :driving: :cheers2:. from 1 bench to the next.

Dude I had one of those 3 wheelers when I was at the manufacturing job!

Tony M
05-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Dude I had one of those 3 wheelers when I was at the manufacturing job! What did you have in the back on the Rack. :cheers2: :sifone:.