View Full Version : EVERYONE IS COMING TO SUNNY ISLES

BRAD SCHOENWALD
04-29-2010, 01:24 AM
http://www.eyeofdubai.com/v1/news/newsdetail-43217.htm

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Sheikh Hassan and Abdullah Al-Sulaiti set for US race programme
- Steve Curtis MBE and Matteo Nicolini set to partner Qatar drivers

DOHA (Qatar): His Excellency Sheikh Hassan bin Jabor Al-Thani has announced that the Qatar Marine Sports Federation (QMSF) will enter the Spirit of Qatar Team in a full programme of American Offshore Powerboat Association (OPA) races and the 30th Key West World Championship in 2010.

Speaking after returning from a recent trip to Florida to finalise key details of the exciting new race programme, the President of the QMSF confirmed that Spirit of Qatar 95 and Spirit of Qatar 96 will be entered in six rounds of the OPA Offshore series in the United States, in addition to the Key West World Championship for the second successive season. Plans are also afoot to host a brand new offshore race in Qatar in January 2011.

We are putting the finishing touches to the programme of events in the USA at the moment, enthused Sheikh Hassan, who will also act as the team manager for the Qatar Teams exciting new racing programme.

The Qatar Team withdrew from Class 1 racing after last Julys Norwegian Grand Prix and achieved a fine class victory in the Superboat category at the 29th Key West World Championship in Florida last November.

Sheikh Hassan and Abdullah Al-Sulaiti will now team up with British throttleman Steve Curtis MBE and Italian racer Matteo Nicolini again in 2010.

The first event in the American OPA calendar will be the opening round at Ocean City in Maryland on May 28-30.

The Qatar Team will then move to Sunny Isles Beach, situated between Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach on the Atlantic Ocean in Florida, on June 11-13 and then head north to Michigan for the third race in the Qatar Teams programme at St. Clair on July 23-25.

The fourth event for Spirit of Qatar 95 and 96 will take place at Atlantic City in New Jersey on September 10-12 and there is a further optional race in the programme at Cambridge in Maryland two weeks later.

The final round of the series takes place at Orange Beach in Alabama on October 19-24, before the Qatar Teams attention switches to the defence of the Superboat class title at the 30th Key West World Championships in Florida on November 7-14.

Sheikh Hassan achieved two Class 1 victories and six Pole Positions in an offshore racing career that began in 2003, but he was so impressed with the support and atmosphere at last years Key West meeting that he decided to base this years race programme around the American races.

Sheikh Hassan was educated in the United States and is relishing the new challenge of the OPA race programme. Throttleman Curtis has extensive experience Stateside and has won numerous races and class awards in his illustrious career. Al-Sulaiti won two Class 1 races in Qatar and the UAE and his partnership with Nicolini a winner of three Class 1 races and four Pole Positions - goes from strength to strength.

Wazzup Racing
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratickle
04-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

AugiePensa
04-29-2010, 02:15 PM
And I have the honor to teach them how to speak "JERSEY".

BRAD SCHOENWALD
04-29-2010, 09:22 PM
And I have the honor to teach them how to speak "JERSEY".

And we will show them the language of MIAMI!!!!

Real Offshore Racing

Sunny Isles Beach June 10th-13th

Make A Wish Run
Fun Run
Bimini Race Open to everyone
OPA RACE

http://vimeo.com/11333782

imco offshore
04-30-2010, 08:50 PM
If you own a race boat ,,you can,t miss SUNNY ISLES,this year,,I,m sure it will be this years, spot light !! OLD SCHOOL ( BIMINI RUN ) !! NEW SCHOOL WELCOME TO MIAMI and big water,,not to mention the media ,,, this race should be seen all over the world ! IF you only race once this year , this is it,, and it,s only 7 weeks away !!

DAREDEVIL
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
If you own a race boat ,,you can,t miss SUNNY ISLES,this year,,I,m sure it will be this years, spot light !! OLD SCHOOL ( BIMINI RUN ) !! NEW SCHOOL WELCOME TO MIAMI and big water,,not to mention the media ,,, this race should be seen all over the world ! IF you only race once this year , this is it,, and it,s only 7 weeks away !!

Rub it in George...I AM TRYING HARD !!!!!!! VERY HARD , don't want to miss this one !!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Sponsor help is very appriciated !:USA:

Brett
05-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Smitty are you going to run with us to Bimini?

imco offshore
05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Rub it in George...I AM TRYING HARD !!!!!!! VERY HARD , don't want to miss this one !!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Sponsor help is very appriciated !:USA:

Scott what is it you need to come to sunny isles,? seriously,??? you will need 3 tanks of gas 1 to get here 1 to race with and 1 to get home...you can do it you have 5 weeks,!!

DAREDEVIL
05-10-2010, 06:32 PM
If that is all u need to race.WOW....no wonder u can do more races then me !!!!:rolleyes:

But the way it looks now, my chances went down 50 % !:(:(:(