PDA

View Full Version : Bravo trim cylinder problems

Let 'Er Rip Cig
04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm lost. Both cylinders(unhooked from drive) extend out all the way. Going back in one will go all the way and the other goes half way and stops. I took the cylinder apart and rebuilt it. All the original seals looked pretty good. Still does the same thing. The lines are not plugged and fluid flows out of both lines. Maybe something going on with the relief valves? And why is their a "floating piston"? The design makes do since to me.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
The floating piston is for impacts. It will extend out and return to where it was.

What happens if you hook it up to drive as normal? The "in" is a much lower pressure.

Let 'Er Rip Cig
04-26-2010, 09:15 PM
It will not trim at the same speed as the other drive. The other cylinders on the other drive go in and out all the way and at the same speed even though they are not connected to the drive. The one that's bad goes in at the same speed till it gets about half way in then just stops. it even starts to go back out. Almost like the floating piston is going to the top of the cylinder and closing off the exit line.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-26-2010, 09:24 PM
The floating piston should move with the cylinder all the time except for impact. If it changes direction while pump runs in one direction either the rod is coming loose from the end or there is a something wrong with the shock thing at the end of the rod. Like it is open or something.

Let 'Er Rip Cig
04-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Kinda what I was thinking. I guess I'll take the piston assembly apart and see what's up.
Thanks

Underdog88
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Wonering what you found out... I have one doing the same thing.
Thanks.
Mark