PDA

View Full Version : (OFF2010) Old Farts Forever 14-17 Oct 2010

seeroy
04-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Well I guess now is as good a time as ever to start talking about it!!!
OFF2010 is definitely on for 14-17 Oct 2010 in Jupiter Florida.
If you were there last year, you will want to come back this year.
If you were not there last year, you missed alot of fun.
See OFF2009 thread at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Details will follow over the next few weeks, but the basics are:
Early Bird party, GEICO race shop Open House, Abacoa street party, JJ Muggs OFF party, In water running at Cadillac's place, BRIX party, tribute to those no longer with us, and more.
Once again, this event is open to anybody that at least knows how to spell "fast boat". You don't have to be a boat racing icon, but there will be many boat racing icons there.
Put it on your calendar!!!!
More info will be posted at the following link xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We will see you there - Cadillac McDaniel, Jim Hauser, Steve Sirois

rchevelle71
04-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I'll be there, at least for the street party, hopefully this time I dont drop so many beers:eek:

Top Banana
04-22-2010, 04:31 PM
A big ....THANK YOU...to you guys for putting in the effort to do this.

Looking forward to attending this year for sure.

seeroy
04-22-2010, 05:08 PM
OK, Let's try those links again.

Link to followup to OFF2009 is as follows:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183058&page=7

Link to OFF2010 is as follows:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213783

Brownie
04-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I brought some friends to the last one, and they were knocked out by talking to Ken Warby, Billy Seybold, the Switzer brothers, Odell Lewis, and the new bunch from Geico, etc. I don't know how to pass the word to the common folk, but it is Valhalla for a fan, including me. I talked to Warby for half and hour, and the Switzer brothers for the same. One great, memorable day. Thanks to all you boobs who pull it all together.

Scotty B
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Can you bring these with you Brownie?

Brownie
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
No. I have a couple of highly improved ones I could bring, though.

Top Banana
04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Amazing.....Brownie has been bringing his sisters to the races for years....and they never seem to get any older????

seeroy
04-23-2010, 01:41 PM
“Old Farts Forever”
OFF2010 in Jupiter Florida, 14-17 October 2010!!!!

If you did not attend OFF2009, you missed the event of a lifetime. Fortunately for you, we will do it again this year. Since things went so well last year, we will not reinvent the wheel. However, we will build on our experience and add some new events. We will definitely have a “get wet” event at Cadillac’s place.

Will you ever get the opportunity to shake hands and share lies with many of the true legends of boat racing, and yet be accepted as part of the family regardless of what you did or did not race, and regardless of your own level of success, and whether or not you yourself even raced.
If you attend OFF2010…You will!!!

Here’s the skinny.

OFF2010 will start with an “Early Bird” event on Thursday, 14 Oct 2010. Site is yet to be determined. Last year we had a meeting of our operations group on Thursday evening that attracted about 20 other folks. We had so much fun that we decided to put on an actual event. This will be a very simple and informal event. I guess you could say we will just gather and tell lies.

On Friday, 15 Oct 2010, Geico racing has again invited us to their shop for an open house. If you have never been there, you will be amazed by their incredible machinery and wonderful hospitality. If you were there last year, you will be blown away by the changes.

On Friday afternoon/evening, 15 Oct 2010 we will celebrate Old “Fardi Gras” on the streets of Abacoa and at JJ Muggs. Lots of boats on display, lots of music, lots of people having too much fun!!! This year we will have the entire JJMuggs instead of just the upstairs. Once again all events will be very informal. There will definitely be a video presentation of all of the “Old Farts” and their magnificent machines. Look closely and you very well may see yourself.

Saturday morning, 16 Oct 2010, Cadillac McDaniel will open the “Wet Pits” at his place on the Okeechobee Waterway. Flybys by some of the most amazing boats you have ever seen. If you want to get wet with your own boat, this is the time and place to do it in fresh water with no speed limit. Cadillac has his own ramp for trailer boats and lots of dock space. There is a full marina just down the road that can handle larger boats. There will be a safety boat on station, but you will be asked to sign a “hold harmless”. Even though everyone will be responsible for their own actions, we must insist that there be absolutely no alcohol at this event.

Saturday evening, 16 Oct 2010, we will gather once again at BRIX for another opportunity to tell all the lies that boat racers tell so well.
Sunday, 17 OCT 2010, will a recovery day for all “Old Farts” to rest, relax and maybe even hit that little white ball into the rough, go fishing, or whatever else floats your boat

At least one of the events will include a solemn salute to all old boat racers that have already “crossed the finish line”. While that was a very short event last year, it was certainly at the top of the favorites list.

I fully expect Jackie Wilson to sponsor a golf tournament sometime during the event, and someone else may want to perform some other likewise perverse activity. Let us know what you want to do. Who knows, maybe we will actually figure out a way to do it.

Cadillac McDaniel, Jim Hauser, Steve Sirois

Contact us at OFF2010@comcast.net

T2x
04-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Here we go again......... :D

seeroy
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I just had great conversations with Billy Seebold, Kenny Kitson, and Mike Mullins. All declared that they definitely intend to be at OFF2010. Each also intend to bring at least one boat to run at Cadillac's on Saturday, 16 Oct. Mike will once again bring the Ceasare Scotti 1969 Havasu winning OMC/Molinari. Kenny is working on one of his Kitson tunnel boats built in 1972. Billy hopes to bring on of his F1 boats. I am slowly trying to contact many others that I have heard intend to bring themselves and their boats. This could turn out to be even better than last year. - Steve Sirois

DAREDEVIL
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I BE THERE 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna miss the chance to meet my idols !!!!!!:eek::sifone::seeya:

rchevelle71
05-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I BE THERE 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna miss the chance to meet my idols !!!!!!:eek::sifone::seeya:

Scott, it was a great time last year, and if I can get my boat bck together, it may be parked outside.

DAREDEVIL
05-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Scott, it was a great time last year, and if I can get my boat bck together, it may be parked outside.

I thought we go for a ride in it , what do u mean parked ??? LOL:sifone:

seeroy
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Had a great conversation with Odell Lewis today. Bottom line....When asked if he is coming to OFF2010, he said "Quote" If I'm alive, I'll be there "End Quote". I am happy to inform all that Odell is in very good health and does not take any pills!!! I mentioned to him that today is my 35th anniversary and asked how long Mona Lou has had to put up with him. He very proudly informed me that they have been married for 54 years. When Odell does something, he does it right!!! As others have stated, and I have personally witnessed, he could easily be one of the, if not the, toughest boat racer that ever walked this planet. We all enjoyed spending time with him last year and look forward to this year.

- Steve Sirois

seeroy
05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
What a great day!!! Now I just got off the phone with Johnny Bakos. Another of the great boat racers from "back in the day" and all around great guy. Johnny also still flies his own Beech Bonanza. Some guys are just so lucky to still be able to fly...Wish I still could. John said he will be at OFF2010. He sees Mel Riggs often and he will twist Mel's arm to drag him south in October.

I honestly don't know if this day could get any better!!! - Steve Sirois

DAREDEVIL
05-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Cool...can't wait...i guess i bring my boat down as well....lol

rchevelle71
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
I thought we go for a ride in it , what do u mean parked ??? LOL:sifone:

maybe?? The street party was a blast, and last year Scotty's 24 was there, so I may just bring mine to park next to his, but there is always the next day, if I am not too hungover like last year:cheers2::sifone:

seeroy
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Today I talked with Ralph Donald for the first time. Ralph is a long time outboard hydro racer. He currently is running in Class 125cc and 175cc and will be bringing his boat to OFF2010 to display and run at Cadillac's place. Ralph will be bringing his friend Bill Hosler who is also a long time racer in these classes. Scotty Begovich recently told Jim Hauser that this is the boat he most wants to see run. More and more it is looking like we will see a very wide spectrum of boat types and ages in the water and running. - Steve Sirois

seeroy
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
The amazing world of cell phones and the internet...As a result of a post by D.B.S. on S&F, I picked up my cell phones and called John Stenback. He answered with "Hello Steve". Turns out that D.B.S. was standing right there with John. So I talked to him too. Sometimes this stuff is downright scary. Anyway, John said that he and Marty Boosinger are talking about coming to OFF2010. D.B.S said he might come too. - Steve Sirois

seeroy
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Just talked to Jerry Gilbreath. He is currently retired and living in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. He has built a 34' wooden boat similar to a Riva and takes it to shows in that part or the country. Hopefully we will see some photos of it soon. Jerry told me he will definitely come to OFF2010. I originally met him and his father (Jake) in the 80's, at the Sarasota Grand Prix. As I remember, their innovative "Gil Bracket" design moved outboard motors out behind the transom and changed alot of thinking about how to run outboards. The last time I saw Jerry was at an Offshore race here in Jacksonville. Jerry was running Alcone Racing at that time and had brought my brother Bill onboard as a consultant. That was during the time that Bill was in need of an uplift, as he knew he was dying. I shall be forever grateful to Jerry for that. - Steve Sirois

seeroy
05-24-2010, 12:52 PM
The new date for OFF2010 is 7-10 Oct 2010

Anytime you set a date for an event X months in advance you take the chance that something will preclude that decision. The OPA World Championship race date has changed to the weekend of 15-17 Oct. Since GEICO Racing will participate in that event, they would have had to greatly lessen their participation in OFF2010. Their Open House and participation in last year’s Abacoa event was outstanding, and we do not want to lose that.

Therefore, in order to keep the GEICO participation at the level that we all greatly appreciated last year, we have moved the dates for OFF2010 forward by one week. We hope that this change does not adversely affect you.

We are currently finalizing arrangements with the event locations and hotels. When those arrangements solidify, we will post them on the Forums.

Best Regards and We Will See You at OFF2010 – Cadillac, Jim, Steve

seeroy
05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I just talked with Tom Posey. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, he will be at OFF2010.

Additionally, Mike Mullins has stepped into the fray and is pulling OMC guys out of the woods. So that everyone understands what we are striving for, I have included an excerpt that I sent to Mike earlier today.

“Good Morning Mike – As you know, we have worked hard to make this an all inclusive gathering. We were thrilled to have you and your OMC boat there last year. Because of the efforts of you and others, things are getting better every day. The possibility of having names like Sanders, Woods, and Posey at OFF2010, mixing with names like Seebold, Stickle, Wilson, and Serra is exactly what our desire has been from the very beginning.

Like I said before…Because of the efforts of folks like you, things are getting better every day. Thank You For Your Help And Best Regards – Steve Sirois”

seeroy
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I just heard from Johnnie Sanders, and he definitely plans to attend OFF2010. Before this is over the OMC gang just might out number the Merc gang. I should not be allowed to have this much fun!!! :D - Steve Sirois

seeroy
06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Once again…..NOTE NEW DATES ARE 7-10 OCT 2010

Who….?
All types of boat racers and/or anyone remotely associated, to include families. Those who just want to meet and greet some of the legends of boat racing are also welcome. We could not possibly send out personal invitations to everyone. Since we do not have, and do not intend to have, a budget, we will count on forums and word of mouth from you to non-interneters, to spread the word.

What…?
“Old Farts Forever”, OFF2010 in Abacoa/Jupiter Florida, 7-10 October 2010. This is a gathering of old boat racers and their associates from “Back In The Day” to socialize and have a little fun. All events will be very informal. There are no registration fees and no fees to attend any of the scheduled events. All costs (lodging, food, drinks, entertainment, golf, fishing, etc.) will be the responsibility of each individual. This simple and informal concept has allowed OFF to go ON, regardless of the economy.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time TBD-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food.

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time TBD, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida.

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time TBD -until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street.

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time TBD, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956.Standard wet pit rules apply.

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time TBD-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.

Sunday 10 October 2010 – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your boat.

Why…? Because!!!!

Hotel info forthcoming as soon as we finalize rates.

Contact… OFF2010@comcast.net

seeroy
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Mullins has done it again. He called me today to tell me he had talked to Earl Bentz and Earl will come to OFF2010. Mike commented that the "Factory Wars" were over a long time ago and it will be great to see old competitors shaking hands. I am in full agreement with him, BUT I am sure all will continue to tell lies about how fast they were going "Back in the Day". That's what all old boat racers did best...and we didn't have gps or any other "smart" devices to prove different..

We are only 3 months and 1 week away from OFF2010 and the planning process is picking up speed. We are on a plane and picking up lift! Event times are nearly finalized and we have 4 hotels that have offered us special rates. Cadillac is working on a couple more hotels near his place and is well along on planning for the "Get Wet" event at his place. I will issue a new update complete with event times and hotel info VERY SOON.

My greatest concern at this time is that someone might not have gotten the date change.
Regardless of anything, anyone sees...The dates for OFF2010 are 7-10 Oct 2010

T2x
06-30-2010, 02:59 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Mullins has done it again. He called me today to tell me he had talked to Earl Bentz and Earl will come to OFF2010. Mike commented that the "Factory Wars" were over a long time ago and it will be great to see old competitors shaking hands. I am in full agreement with him, BUT I am sure all will continue to tell lies about how fast they were going "Back in the Day". That's what all old boat racers did best...and we didn't have gps or any other "smart" devices to prove different..

Earl really was ...that fast.

T2x

seeroy
07-01-2010, 08:39 AM
As promised, below you will find event locations, times and hotel information with links to their websites.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time 5:00ishPM-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food http://www.sugarcaneislandbistro.com/

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 3:00PM, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida. http://www.missgeicoracing.com/

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 5:00ishPM-until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street.
http://www.jjmuggsgrill.com/

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 9:00AM-5:00ishPM, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956.Standard wet pit rules apply

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 6:00ishPM-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.

Sunday 10 October 2010 – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your boat

Please e-mail us at OFF2010@comcast.net if you plan to bring a boat and would like to display it at JJ Muggs Friday evening, and/or display/run it at Cadillac’s on Saturday. Eventually, we will respond with parking instructions, name and cell phone number for your arrival.

OFF2010 Hotels

La Quinta Inns
34 Fishermans Wharf
Jupiter Fl.33477
Phone 561-575-7201
Mention OFF for rate of $59.00
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ6109&propId=6109

Doubletree Hotel
4431 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, 33410
Phone 561-622-2260
Mention OFF for rate of $79.00
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/PBIMPDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Executive-Meeting-Center-Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida/index.do

Jupiter Waterfront Inn
18903 SE Federal Highway
Jupiter Fl. 33469
Phone 561 747-9085 1-888-747-9085
Mention OFF for rate of $89.00 with 10% discount for AARP or AAA members.
http://www.jupiterwaterfrontinn.com/

Homewood Suites by Hilton
4700 Donald Ross Road
Palm Beach Gardens Fl. 33418
Phone 561 622-7799
Mention OFF for rate of $149.00
http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/PBIHWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida/index.do

AND THEN THERE IS CADILLAC’S PLACE, If you have a home on wheels, or you just want to pitch a tent. You can contact Cadillac at phone (772)285-2266 or e-mail cadillacboats@me.com
Last year Odell Lewis parked his motor home there and he plans on doing the same this year. Cadillac + Odell = Party.

seeroy
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Another challenge to OFF's! Name this old boat racer from the past.

He succesfully raced inboards, hydros, offshore, etc.

I had a great meeting with him today in his shop and he plans to attend OFF2010 - Steve Sirois

http://i30.tinypic.com/70cmdf.jpg

drfty
07-22-2010, 01:59 PM
This is some great info on the 70's & 80's racing, kinda nice to see some of the great racers of the time.

seeroy
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
In addition to the facilities previously identified, Cadillac McDaniel has provided the following info. These facilities are near his place where we will have our In Water day on Saturday, 9 October from 9:00AM until approximately 5:00PM. Additionally, there is a Marina close by with lift capability if your boat cannot be trailer launched at Cadillacs boat ramp.

Holiday Inn Express
7900 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 287-2522
hiestruart@gmail.com

Marriott Courtyard
7615 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 781-3344
jlewis@waterfordhotelgroup.com

Seminole Inn
15885 SW Warfield Blvd
Indiantown, FL 34956
(772) 597-3777
seminolein@aol.com

Sunoco Race Fuel
1805 SW Kanner Hwy
Stuart, FL 34997
(7) days/nights a week

OneBadInjun
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
In addition to the facilities previously identified, Cadillac McDaniel has provided the following info. These facilities are near his place where we will have our In Water day on Saturday, 9 October from 9:00AM until approximately 5:00PM. Additionally, there is a Marina close by with lift capability if your boat cannot be trailer launched at Cadillacs boat ramp.

Holiday Inn Express
7900 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 287-2522
hiestruart@gmail.com

Marriott Courtyard
7615 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 781-3344

Seminole Inn
15885 SW Warfield Blvd
Indiantown, FL 34956
(772) 597-3777
seminolein@aol.com

Sunoco Race Fuel
1805 SW Kanner Hwy
Stuart, FL 34997
(7) days/nights a week

That last address, is actually Cadillac's home, I believe.

seeroy
07-30-2010, 11:41 AM
OneBadInjun - I have never been to Cadillac's place (yet). But, according to my mapping program, that last address is the Sunoco station that is approximately 7.2 miles East of Cadillac's AND approximately 1.8 miles West of I-95. The station is located at the intersection of SW Kanner Hwy and SW 96th Street. I just spoke with them and they verified 100 Octane available. Their phone number is (772)286-0313. Hope to see you at OFF2010.

Best Regards - Steve Sirois

seeroy
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Just a quick update note for OFF2010. As always our primary focus is to get a bunch of old boatracers, their families, friends and fans together for a good time, tell a few lies and make new friends. That focus remains the same. Last year we also had a number of classic boats on display and that was a big hit with everybody. This year’s event takes that one step further and puts a number of boats in the water to do “flybys”. Some of these boats are truly historic. Mike Mullins will display, and hopefully run the OMC powered Molinari that Cesare Scotti won the Outboard Wolrd Championship with in 1969. Rich Luhrs has been a great supporter of OFF from the very beginning and this year we will see his “Dust in the Wind” Mercury powered Switzercraft wing fly on the Saint Lucie Canal at Cadillac McDaniel’s “Get Wet” event. For anyone that has never seen a “wing” fly, this is your chance to see the 50 year old design of Dave and Bob Switzer do it’s beautiful 100+ mph dance. Having flown a couple of these wings 6” above the dark waters of Lake X in the 60’s, I can tell you it is a truly ethereal experience. Rich has fully restored his wing and he recently sent this photo to us.

Best Regards and See You at OFF2010 – Cadillac, Jim, Steve

http://i36.tinypic.com/24o22zc.jpg

seeroy
08-10-2010, 11:57 AM
This link will take you to short history of OFF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aNZY3lE-0

seeroy
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Jim, Cadillac and I are confident that you will enjoy your time with old and new friends, and hope you will take a few moments to remember those who are no longer with us. We have spent a great deal of time on the creation of OFF2010, but others have also contributed a great deal. For that, we are eternally grateful. We look forward to seeing YOU at OFF2010 . Our Very Best Regards to Each and Every One of You - Jim Hauser, Cadillac McDaniel, Steve Sirois

14 DAYS TO GO!!!
Today we are 14 days from the kickoff of OFF2010. Below you will once again find the schedule and hotel info. Some have asked if there is a “Headquarters Hotel”. We have not designated one as “Official Headquarters”, but we understand the Doubletree does have a bar.

There are no plans to display boats at Sugarcane Bistro on Thursday or Brix on Saturday.

If you wish to display a boat at JJ Muggs on Friday, you may contact Lauren by e-mail at Lauren@amfoffshoreracing.com and/or at (561)847-1680 as you approach the area. Abacoa will close the streets to all other vehicle traffic at noon on Friday. You will be able to park your boat and place your vehicle outside of the area between noon and about 5:00PM. Please bring chocks for your trailer wheels. There is plenty of parking adjacent to the event area. While our party will be taking place inside of JJ Muggs, the surrounding Abacoa area gets VERY festive as the public enters the fray. There is some security on site during the night following the event. However, you would be best served to remove your boat. You should be able to do that after 10:00PM.

Cadillac is planning a Bonfire at his place (Byblos) sometime during the events. He is continuing to make arrangement for the “Get Wet” day on Saturday. He will hold mini driver’s meetings during the day to explain some very simple procedures. Safety is paramount. Therefore basic wet pit rules will be in effect and that means no booze. Each driver will be asked to sign a hold harmless agreement before putting in. Rescue boats will be in place whenever boats are running. He is also working to make everyone comfortable. There will be a couple of basic food vendors on site and water will be available. Chairs and shade will be on site and he has arranged for a sound system to keep you informed. Porta Pottys will be in place. for the guys. The gals will have access to a real bathroom in the house.

Note that a very informal Breakfast Forum has been added for Sunday morning (9:00AM) at the Doubletree Hotel.

Sunday (10/10/10) Morning (9:00AM - Until) Breakfast Forum at the Doubletree Hotel:
Since we will have many old and new boat racers, from all types and levels of success together in one place at one time, it has been suggested that we should take advantage of that and do some sort of forum to discuss the state of boat racing. A result of OFF2009, was that it mixed the "New School Racers" with the "Old School Racers" and established a genuine bond that allowed both "Schools" to better understand and appreciate each other. Therefore, we thank Marc Granet for his suggestion, and we have arranged a very informal breakfast open forum to discuss the state of boat racing. It is no secret that boat racing history is rife with disagreement, and occasionally downright hostile politics. There should be an up-front understanding of respect and civility toward each other. We all understand that boat racers tend to have very large egos. Therefore, the only real rule for this forum should be that all guns, knives and egos be checked at the front door. Needless to say, participants should probably have regained some degree of sobriety from the previous OFF2010 fun events. So, what should be discussed in this meeting of the generations? There is no agenda, hidden or otherwise. Here are some things that have been suggested.
Future of boat racing. Where are we going?
Future of OFF. Should we continue under that banner?
United We Race.
Building camaraderie and cohesiveness.
Collection and preservation of history.
Lessons to be learned from other types of racing.
Boat racing lessons learned and passed on to the future.
Respect and civility while still maintaining a competitive spirit.
Public perception and recognition.
Safety.
Sponsorship.
Sanctioning bodies.
Liability and CYA.

Meet Katy Jones-Steiger:
So you want your story told but don’t know how to do it! That can be arranged. Katy Jones-Steiger will be conducting video interviews during OFF2010 for inclusion in a website dedicated to powerboat racing history. She is an avid boat race fan and has been associated with both Inboards and Offshore. However she wants to branch out into all types of powerboat racing. This is a chance to capture more boat racing history for posterity and you can be part of it. Don’t be shy (as if any boat racer ever was). Let your ego run wild. She will be available for quiet personal video interviews away from the raucous atmosphere of Off. She will be at each event an hour prior to the start time and ready to sit down and talk/ interview/ hear stories of days past. If you would like to pre-schedule a time to sit and speak on camera that would be even better. You may contact her through e-mail at FIRC1964@gmail.com ANYTHING goes, this is an informal look at the history thru the people who lived it. She will also have a computer and scanner available to scan/ copy/ digitally record any memorabilia you may want to bring. In addition, if you have any video footage you would like to share into the archive she will be collecting that as well. You keep everything, she just wants a digital copy

Once again the updated agenda is provided for you convenience:

What is OFF2010…?
“Old Farts Forever”, OFF2010 in Abacoa/Jupiter Florida, 7-10 October 2010. This is a gathering of old boat racers and their associates from “Back In The Day” to socialize and have a little fun. All events will be very informal. There are no registration fees and no fees to attend any of the scheduled events. All costs (lodging, food, drinks, entertainment, golf, fishing, etc.) will be the responsibility of each individual. This concept has allowed OFF to go ON, regardless of the economy.

Who….?
All types of boat racers and/or anyone remotely associated, to include families. Those who just want to meet and greet some of the legends of boat racing are also welcome. We could not possibly send out personal invitations to everyone. Since we do not have, and do not intend to have, a budget, we will count on forums and word of mouth from you to non-interneters, to spread the word.

Why…? Because!!!!

At least one of the events will include a solemn salute to all old boat racers that have already “crossed the final finish line”. Many thanks to Charlie Wolff, it was certainly at the top of the favorites list last year.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time 5:00PM-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food http://www.sugarcaneislandbistro.com/

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 3:00PM, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida. http://www.missgeicoracing.com/

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 5:00PM-until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street. http://www.jjmuggsgrill.com/

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 9:00AM-5:00ishPM, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956. Standard wet pit rules apply

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 6:00PM-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.

Sunday 10 October 2010 – Time 9:00AM, Breakfast Forum, Doubletree Hotel , 4431 PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, 33410

OFF2010 Hotels

La Quinta Inns
34 Fishermans Wharf
Jupiter Fl.33477
Phone 561-575-7201
Mention OFF for rate of $59.00
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/prop...09&propId=6109

Doubletree Hotel
4431 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, 33410
Phone 561-622-2260
Mention OFF for rate of $79.00
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...orida/index.do

Jupiter Waterfront Inn
18903 SE Federal Highway
Jupiter Fl. 33469
Phone 561 747-9085 1-888-747-9085
Mention OFF for rate of $89.00 with 10% discount for AARP or AAA members.
http://www.jupiterwaterfrontinn.com/

Homewood Suites by Hilton
4700 Donald Ross Road
Palm Beach Gardens Fl. 33418
Phone 561 622-7799
Mention OFF for rate of $149.00
http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en...hotel/PBIHWHW-
Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida/index.do

AND THEN THERE IS CADILLAC’S PLACE, If you have a home on wheels, or you just want to pitch a tent. You can contact Cadillac at phone (772)285-2266 or e-mail cadillacboats@me.com Last year Odell Lewis parked his motor home there and he plans on doing the same this year. Cadillac + Odell = Party.

Want to be closer to Cadillac's Place?
In addition to the facilities previously identified, Cadillac McDaniel has provided the following info. These facilities are near his place.
Additionally, there is a Marina close by with lift capability if your boat cannot be trailer launched at Cadillacs boat ramp.

Holiday Inn Express 
7900 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 287-2522
hiestruart@gmail.com

Marriott Courtyard
7615 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 781-3344

Seminole Inn
15885 SW Warfield Blvd