PDA

View Full Version : sea strain pressure gauges

Bear442
04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
another stupid question that I would most likely find the answer to if I would get my lazy butt down and look first....

where is the pressure reading coming from, i don't see any hoses coming from the sea strainer, again, haven't really looked yet.

my gauges act like a typical hose feed system, like a typical speedo, works and then doesn't, then works and then doesn't. I have water in the strainers because you can see it so....it just one of those things that bug the shi- out of you.

thanks

Coolerman
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
could be air in the water system.......

Bear442
04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
so it this one of those things you just live with and "they all do this?'" There is no problem, engine run correct temp, it is just the gauges don't always read correct. Thought maybe there as a rubber hose that may have sand or something restricting from time to time. thanks Sax...

Coolerman
04-18-2010, 03:51 PM
do both motors do it? Does the needle just flicker on the guage? Or does it read pressure, and then nothing for 2-3 secs? Might be better to start a thread in the tech section.....

endeavor1
04-18-2010, 03:51 PM
unhook the hose at the guage and flush it back towards the motor. Had a fountain that the line plugged up once.

Bear442
04-18-2010, 05:35 PM
no, one side will do it , mostly at idle, But, there is water coming in so it has to be maybe sand or something....once you get going it reads 25-30 lbs. staighten out until the next time, I'm thinking its just sand in the line for now and then, just wanted to toss it out there and see if other have the same issue. Kind of like the old hose driven speedos, you get tired of seeing it coming and going.....Thanks

Coolerman
04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
no, one side will do it , mostly at idle, But, there is water coming in so it has to be maybe sand or something....once you get going it reads 25-30 lbs. staighten out until the next time, I'm thinking its just sand in the line for now and then, just wanted to toss it out there and see if other have the same issue. Kind of like the old hose driven speedos, you get tired of seeing it coming and going.....Thanks

I was under the impression that it was both motors for some reason. It's probably sand then.....

unhook the hose at the guage and flush it back towards the motor. Had a fountain that the line plugged up once.

:iagree:

endeavor1
04-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Saxman helping out the membership again!!!