PDA

View Full Version : OPA Safety

Whoz Your Daddy
04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Just recieved email about lifeline jackets for this year. Do we have to get new jackets or send them out for recertifacation? The email says something about 3 years?

Also what is the CDL Physical deal for this year exactly? Rule book still says CDL?

Ron P
04-17-2010, 05:48 PM
CDL or FAA physical certificate will do the trick. We need to know you can still fog a mirror.

Life Jackets need to be within 3 years of the certification date. If your certification is from 2006 or earlier, send them back to lifeline for recertification.

sbracing
04-17-2010, 06:03 PM
CDL or FAA physical certificate will do the trick. We need to know you can still fog a mirror.

Life Jackets need to be within 3 years of the certification date. If your certification is from 2006 or earlier, send them back to lifeline for recertification.

Awful Short Notice....

Whoz Your Daddy
04-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Awful Short Notice....

Thats what i was thinking
Also there was talk about no cdl physicals at awards?

2TR
04-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Thats what i was thinking
Also there was talk about no cdl physicals at awards?

The CDL / FAA Physicals have been required for the 4 years I have been involved.

sbracing
04-18-2010, 08:14 AM

A CDL physical is simply a form your doctor signs after a basic physical,
nothing extensive.

My thought is put jacket requirement on hold until second race to give us time to get them recertified.

phragle
04-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Given the history of the sport, complaining about safety will probably fall on deaf ears.

Whoz Your Daddy
04-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Given the history of the sport, complaining about safety will probably fall on deaf ears.

I dont think anyone is complaining just want to make sure what has to be done. There was talk at the awards dinner that there was no more CDL required but it is still in rule book. And as far a jackets go if there are 40-50 boats showing up in Ocean city thats 100 vests. How many of those are over 3 years old? Is there enuff time now for life line to inspect and recertifie 50 vests?

phragle
04-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I havent been told yet what we will be looking at this year, last year I just checked to make sure you had a vest.

AugiePensa
04-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Guy's, get your jackets done. Lifeline does it fast. Notice the name "Lifeline" This is for YOUR PROTECTION!!!!!!!!! I know first hand HOW IMPORTANT safety equiptment is. No exceptions people, this is way too important. Thanks, Augie

Wahoo 214
04-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Lifeline is an OPA sponsor, I am sure that if you let them know you are OPA they will rush to get them done.

Wazzup Racing
04-18-2010, 07:23 PM
There is plenty of time. Some of the jackets were looking a little rough last season. Boxem up. send them out. As far as the medical goes, we will ease up on the cdl physical. But we will need a letter from your physician. Crane boats, check the cert. on your slings. OC is right around the corner, we have been working all winter for this one. So get ready, Gonna be a Big one. Turbine Boats, Quatar Boats, Super cats, Cat Lights, SV, SVL, and the largest classes in all of Offshore BRACKET CLASSES !!!!!!!!! Class 6 and 5 should have over 20 boats alone. See you all soon, Smitty

skaterdave
04-18-2010, 07:54 PM
for you guys with no insurance/regular doctors, I just had my CDL physical done for $50. check around for commercail testing businesses.

Whoz Your Daddy
04-19-2010, 12:25 AM
for you guys with no insurance/regular doctors, I just had my CDL physical done for $50. check around for commercail testing businesses.

Did you use your weiner dog vet? hehehehehehehe

Whoz Your Daddy
04-19-2010, 12:27 AM
There is plenty of time. Some of the jackets were looking a little rough last season. Boxem up. send them out. As far as the medical goes, we will ease up on the cdl physical. But we will need a letter from your physician. Crane boats, check the cert. on your slings. OC is right around the corner, we have been working all winter for this one. So get ready, Gonna be a Big one. Turbine Boats, Quatar Boats, Super cats, Cat Lights, SV, SVL, and the largest classes in all of Offshore BRACKET CLASSES !!!!!!!!! Class 6 and 5 should have over 20 boats alone. See you all soon, Smitty

Thanks for clearing it up. This will be a good time to add that extra inch on my zipper after the long winter.

sbracing
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Lifeline is saying 2-3 weeks. Better get 'em in!

High Priority
04-22-2010, 08:26 PM
WOW, I dont think I got that email.

skaterdave
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Did you use your weiner dog vet? hehehehehehehe

if it would have been cheaper, I would.