PDA

View Full Version : The Champ future party bus!

fixxxer22
04-17-2010, 03:59 PM
A big thing here in Iowa is the tailgate/party bus. we like to all be together and drink. It is legal in Iowa to have a sober driver with the correct licensing to drive a bus and you can drink on it and go from bar to bar and be safe and all together. I am a Ford technician. I just recently had this creampuff show up. An old church bus that the pastor is fed up with. It has a 7.3 IDI diesel in it and is a 1990 E-350 dually with a bus body that has stickers on it that say champion. hense "champ". The truck had no brakes. I replaced 25 feet of brake line and bled the brakes. the engine would not start. the fuel filter was put on by someone with big olde channel locks. The holes let fuel out and put air in the system. changed it out and bled it out and she runs like a dream. I replaced the saggy front springs and the front end is tight and drives straight down the road. It is the twin I-beam with kingpins. We got the bus for $500.00 and are taking it out on its maiden voyage tonight for my birthday. it is not painted but we have arranged all the seating to be around the perimeter of the bus. I will post more pics

Chris
04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Cool. Have a good time on the cruise.

Blue Oval
04-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Cool! Took a old Ford van back in the 80's and painted it yellow, black out the windows and put a ZZ Top strip like the 33 Ford they have. Drove it to Daytona Beach! Had a ball!Had $900.00 in it and everyone in the bars all new about the ZZ Top van, had a ball!But don't tell my kids about it!

fixxxer22
04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
First night went great. She runs like a dream. Had alot of beer and other things. It was about midnight and everyone realized i was not having many shots so things got a little ugly from there.

Cant beat the fun of having everyone in the same vehicle. Love to have the security and saftey of a sober driver. Good to know everyone gets home safe. It was an awesome birthday blast. I will post more pics of its construction and what we have done

ILMORdude
04-19-2010, 12:47 AM
AWESOME!! I have a 35 foot Bluebird outfitted to sleep nine and a 20x8 roof platform (with flip up bar!) for the NASCAR races here in Mich.

fixxxer22
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
AWESOME!! I have a 35 foot Bluebird outfitted to sleep nine and a 20x8 roof platform (with flip up bar!) for the NASCAR races here in Mich.

That is impressive! What a Rig! Busses rock

bulletbob
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
My buddy has a 35 bluebird as well that we use to tailgate. It has satelite, wet bar, ac, leather couch , recliner, led programmable screen, firemans pole (politically correct for the kids) and doped up windows . He left it yellow as it was in service. It's at all the Carolina games. Happy birthday and enjoy your ride.

drpete3
04-27-2010, 04:07 PM
AWESOME!! I have a 35 foot Bluebird outfitted to sleep nine and a 20x8 roof platform (with flip up bar!) for the NASCAR races here in Mich.I might be buying a bus on sat for the exact same purpose...hopefully my buddy will buy it and I ll just tag along. See you at MIS

rchevelle71
04-27-2010, 04:52 PM
My problem is finding a sober driver:eek::cheers2:

bulletbob
04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
My problem is finding a sober driver:eek::cheers2:

We taught my buddys sister to drive for us. You need a designated driver.:cheers2:

rchevelle71
04-28-2010, 11:23 AM
We taught my buddys sister to drive for us. You need a designated driver.:cheers2:

Doesnt matter, all my friends fit in the cab of my pickup anyway:eek:

ILMORdude
05-03-2010, 11:43 PM
I might be buying a bus on sat for the exact same purpose...hopefully my buddy will buy it and I ll just tag along. See you at MIS

Whats your spot #???