PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with turndown exhaust tips and hydraulic steering?

htrdlncn
04-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Just put on donkey dongs (turn downs) and the exhaust will exit right over the steering rams and dont know if thats gonna work or not.

DAREDEVIL
04-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Just put on donkey dongs (turn downs) and the exhaust will exit right over the steering rams and dont know if thats gonna work or not.

A friend of mine has this set up.......

htrdlncn
04-14-2010, 02:27 AM
They way the tips are currently setup they dump over the rams,
what I am wondering is if this is bad for tghe ram.
Guess I should take some pics so you can see what I mean.

htrdlncn
04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Sorry took me so long..
Here is what I am talking about, my friend Doug did flip the cylinder so the hoses are on the bottom which is better but I am still worried about the cylinder heating up.
Obviously I wont be running engine with drive that far up so there will be more room between cylinder ram and exhaust dump with drive in a normal trim setting.

Sydwayz
04-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Can you just turn them outward about 15-20 degrees and not have to worry about anything?

DAREDEVIL
04-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Can you just turn them outward about 15-20 degrees and not have to worry about anything?

:iagree:

htrdlncn
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
it would have to be at least 30-40deg to clear cylinder at which point
there would be no benefit to running turndowns.
I can also trim them shorter but again that would make it much louder.
Unfortunately at this point I am very short on money so spending 300-600
on mufflers is not an option. My slip/exhaust direction faces the marina owners house and I dont want to piss him off when I get home from bar hopping at 1-2am.
I guess my question is would the exhaust be hot enough to heat cylinder to any extent,
the steering is made by Marine machine.

Exhaust is dry until right before inside of transom then it all mixes together before coming out the tip
so by time it comes out of turndowns water and exhaust have mixed for approx 6"..

sweet addiction
04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
You don't need those things. Take em off so that beast can be heard coming down the lake. :sifone:

DAREDEVIL
04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
it would have to be at least 30-40deg to clear cylinder at which point
there would be no benefit to running turndowns.
I can also trim them shorter but again that would make it much louder.
Unfortunately at this point I am very short on money so spending 300-600
on mufflers is not an option. My slip/exhaust direction faces the marina owners house and I dont want to piss him off when I get home from bar hopping at 1-2am.
I guess my question is would the exhaust be hot enough to heat cylinder to any extent,
the steering is made by Marine machine.

Exhaust is dry until right before inside of transom then it all mixes together before coming out the tip
so by time it comes out of turndowns water and exhaust have mixed for approx 6"..

I realy would not worry about the cylinder !!!!!!, just run it ...its not that hot !
Only thing the cylinder will be black all the time....