PDA

View Full Version : 2500HD Aux power between cab and bed

sweet addiction
04-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I want to use the Aux power from the harness between the cab and the bed but I cannot find any info on it in the manual. I thought it was called a camper harness but maybe it is something else. Anyone know if there is a fuse to get power to this thing?

Airpacker
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM
it terminates in your 7 pin trailer connector at the rear bumper. There should be an AUX power relay and fuse in the underhood fuse/relay box.

sweet addiction
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
So I need to hook it up at the bumper and install a fuse and relay under the hood. They did not leave me a relay or fuse for it so I guess I will wire it somewhere else.

it terminates in your 7 pin trailer connector at the rear bumper. There should be an AUX power relay and fuse in the underhood fuse/relay box.

Griswald
04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
So I need to hook it up at the bumper and install a fuse and relay under the hood. They did not leave me a relay or fuse for it so I guess I will wire it somewhere else.

It's a 30amp fuse if memory serves and is not hard at all to install. You can easily tell which is the hot wire on the back of your trailer harness and tap there.

sweet addiction
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Hum, ok, I think I got it now. I think that 30 amp fuse is already installed. I will double check but I have check my 7 way in the back before and I think I had power to all.

It's a 30amp fuse if memory serves and is not hard at all to install. You can easily tell which is the hot wire on the back of your trailer harness and tap there.

Airpacker
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
you most definately should NOT have power to all 7 pins. There are two grounds in there. One for trailer lighting and one for the aux power. Should be one full time power, two grounds, one running light, one back up light and two signal / brake lights.

Griswald
04-09-2010, 08:06 AM
click here (http://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx) and scroll down

sweet addiction
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I see what your talking about. I poked at the back of the truck with my power probe and the big white ground is working, but the big Red wire for power if using a camper or something is not working. I looked every where at my fuse panels to see if there was an empty spot. Did not find anything, under the hood, at the door or under the dash. I just ran some wires to the front but that looks crappy, would be nice to get it going. I am going to read through that link that Griswald posted and see what is says.

sweet addiction
04-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Called a friend of mine and he said there was a dummy fuse in its place. Pulled that and all is good. I guess I over looked that fake fuse.:rolleyes: