PDA

View Full Version : Do Bravos have speedo pickup built in?

htrdlncn
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Have a hose from drive going all the way to dash (not connected to anything currently, plugged with a bolt on the end ) but its a bit biger than any speedo or water pressure hose I have seen. (its not the one that goes to drive oil tank)
The lower does have a nosecone on it as well if that makes any difference.

Airpacker
04-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes, Bravos have a speedo pick up tube in the leading edge of the lower unit. I would suspect yours was disconnected when the nose cone was installed.

htrdlncn
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Thank you.

US1Fountain
04-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Should be right here

DAREDEVIL
04-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Have a hose from drive going all the way to dash (not connected to anything currently, plugged with a bolt on the end ) but its a bit biger than any speedo or water pressure hose I have seen. (its not the one that goes to drive oil tank)
The lower does have a nosecone on it as well if that makes any difference.

NOT YOURS,,,because of the nosecone !!!!!!!:eek:

Just buy a GPS speedo or a transom speedo tube,,much better anyways..they cloog up all the time on the bravos..at least mine did.:confused:

DAREDEVIL
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Yes, Bravos have a speedo pick up tube in the leading edge of the lower unit. I would suspect yours was disconnected when the nose cone was installed.

:iagree:

Did not see your post, sorry....

htrdlncn
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I use my gps for speed readings, havent even ever hooked up the dream-o-meter
just wondering what the extra tube was for.
Thanks again..

HiZ
04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes as illustrated, just above the bullet!
Why not just get a new display there on the dash!
Called, GPS! lol

Go with a chart plotter and put it in, you will Not regret it!

htrdlncn
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Like I posted above, I have a nice GPS (Raymarine Chartplotter with Navionics charts and Raymarine depthsounder ) just wondering what the hose laying in the dash was for.
Now I know.. Thanks to you guys!
:)