Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association
OPA
GEICO
Miss Geico Racing

Would like to present the:

Solomons Offshore Grand Prix presented by Bayside Toyota/Chevrolet

October 2-3 2010

www.solomonsrace.com

The Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association and the OPA have teamed up again for the 2010 National Championships with a brand new race site. This will be the second to last stop for the racing series as the boats come into town located on the Patuxent River for a weekend of action packed racing.

This event will take the place of the Cambridge Challenge scheduled for earlier in the year. We have been racing at the Hyatt for several years and have a great relationship with a great venue but it was time for a change. We would like to thank everyone at the Hyatt for a great site and a tremendous amount of support!

With that being said this is event is going to be great and we are getting a ton of support from the area and everyone is looking forward to it. We are still getting a lot of information together but we do have our website up and of course will be adding more information as we get it.

And YES there will be a poker run that weekend with the information coming out soon!!!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me and we hope to see everyone there!!!!

BobbyB
04-07-2010, 05:41 AM
If anyone needs anything when they get to town let me know. This race is local to me. And a big Thanks to Geoff for stepping up and helping out.

OldSchool
04-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!

:hurray::26::hurray::26::hurray::26::hurray::26::hurray::26:

MarylandMark
04-07-2010, 07:38 AM
This could pose some SERIOUS problems!!!!

For starters, I have a $500 gift certificate at Catamarans, my buddy Jimmys bar....

MarylandMark
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
FYI- no golf carts are allowed on Solomons Island per the Calvert County Sheriff Office

They esp don't like them if there is beer on them...

Bodyshot1
04-07-2010, 08:17 AM
sounds good Boyz!

mikey
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I am sorry to forget this part because it is very important. There have been two people that have really helped the event take off.....

Joe Peary who is a local down there and use to attend races with BobbyB. He has been working with PAX and Sponsors and has done a great job.

Chris Mcnelis is a local real estate agent in Solomons and is behind what we are doing 100%!!!!

These two have made this event go much smoother and I want to thank them for that!!!

Whoz Your Daddy
04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Great job Mike

scandelous
04-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Promoting this event was a team effort, If it wasn't for the people involved as Mikey mentioned, it may not have ever happened. As promoter of this event, I know I speak for all of us in the tri-county area, I/we, counldn't be happier and more excited about this event. We look forward to a long lasting relationship with the OPA and the Racers alike. We hope you all will enjoy all we have done to be able to bring this event to Solomons Island, MD. You will find in future updates that the lodging is plentyful, The food is great, and the southern hospitality is second to none. We welcome all of you. Be Safe! Joe

scandelous
04-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Who knows...maybe me and BobbyB, might thrill the hometown fans..or for that matter, thrill ourselves. :driving::iamwithstupid:

MANITIE
04-09-2010, 11:09 PM
needs anything when they get to town let me know. This race is local to me. And a big Thanks to Geoff for stepping up and helping out.

Bobby.....how about a back porch to sleep on....and if your throwing any food scraps away....I will race for food.....see ya in O/C...

BobbyB
04-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Bobby.....how about a back porch to sleep on....and if your throwing any food scraps away....I will race for food.....see ya in O/C...

No problem Gino for the porch. As for the food you might have to fight 2 other guys for that. :sifone:

scandelous
04-10-2010, 08:14 AM
No problem Gino for the porch. As for the food you might have to fight 2 other guys for that. :sifone:

Bobby,
Why do you say that Gino has to fight two other guys???? Where are the two other women? OOOOH thats right, never mind! :willy_nilly:

Wazzup Racing
04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks to all involved. I am coming down next week to survey the area, and make sure there are enough bars to keep the Boyz Busy. Smitty

MANITIE
04-10-2010, 02:09 PM

That will be a easy....the other 2 will be washing the boat...at dinner time:cheers2:

Should be a great race site....

BobbyB
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks to all involved. I am coming down next week to survey the area, and make sure there are enough bars to keep the Boyz Busy. Smitty

Smitty, Let me know when your coming down. I will show you around. I live 10 minutes from there.

Ron P
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Great job Mikey. As much as I enjoyed playing a round of golf at the Hyatt, a change of venue was needed. I'm sure there's plenty of places to play near Solomans.

Gino, are you in for a round on Friday? Anyone else play?

heater63
04-12-2010, 12:13 AM
No golf carts? Not even in the pits?

AugiePensa
04-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks to everybody. I may have to go with Smitty to check out the food for The Boyz!

scandelous
04-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks to everybody. I may have to go with Smitty to check out the food for The Boyz!

Hey Augie and Smitty, PM me and I'll show you where the Ramps, Crane area, Drypits, as well as the Bars etc.

Joe

AugiePensa
04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
OK Joe, Thanks

mikey
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Golf carts are allowed in the pits. The scooter law in maryland is 49cc no tag and helmet needed. Augie I will be in touch.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Great job Mikey and all else that is in involved down there !

I look forward to the new backdrop for my images !!!

See ya there !!! :cheers2:

Wahoo 214
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Great job on locking down another outstanding site. I know it ain't easy, but it is appreciated by all.

mikey
07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
With all that is going on with Orange Beach figured it was time to bring the Solomons Offshore Grand Prix back to the top.

The CBPBA and SOGP Staff are very sorry to hear about the loss of a great race site and we wish them a speedy recovery.

With that being said we have be going Full Steam here in Maryland and this is going to be a great weekend. So far there will be Golf, Poker Run and of course racing and wait there may be more.

We would like to invite every race team no matter where or why you race to enjoy this great weekend. It would mean a lot to everyone involved to have a great boat count and hey maybe they would allow us to come back again.

Thanks everyone for a GREAT year so far and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!!!!!!

www.solomonsrace.com