PDA

View Full Version : excel windscreen fit an avs?

tcuda499
04-03-2010, 10:33 PM
found a guy making fiberglass 87' 38 scarab excel windscreens...nice looking. But will it fit a newer 38 avs? He states it should.

tcuda499
04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Nobody knows??? looks close but hard to tell from pics.

DAREDEVIL
04-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I think it does, but not 100% sure:confused:

Keith
06-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Please post contact info about the guy making the Scarab Excel screens. I'd like to reference it just in case I ever need one. I know Viplex in Sarasota was the original OEM for the 1990 Scarab Excel models, my 28' and current 34', but the company was sold/merged, and then disappeared from what I could find via the internet.

I know when I ordered one from Viplex back in the 90's, the shipping cost more than the screen. I seem to recall it was $250 for the windscreen, and another $300 to crate it, fork it, and ship it. Huge box, delivered by tractor trailer and my marina forked it for me on this end.

As for if the piece will fit, I can't say it would for sure either. Might suggest you ask him for some precise measurements and angles to get a better feel if it will fit.

Cigboat#1
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Try this company: Acrylico Co. in Lantana Fl. Phone : 561-304-2921 Ask for Carlos ;he is the owner ..... or acrylico.com on the net!!

Jim

Cuda didn't I give this info before???

tcuda499
06-28-2010, 10:19 PM
yes it fits and looks good!:cheers2: fiberglass windscreen with white gel coat looks much better than the clear or smoked windscreens IMHO. it was $630 with shipping from iowaboatrepair.com. I was going to get one from Carlos at acrylico but the previous owner really pissed him off and I didn't want to get in the middle of it. I'm happier now anyways

Cigboat#1
06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Cuda, Post a ...picture of it please ,maybe Ill get one too..
Jim

tcuda499
06-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll get one up for wensday, tryin to get ready for Block Island for the 4th. so I'll be workin on the boat every night:driving:

tcuda499
06-30-2010, 11:11 PM
some pics

Cigboat#1
07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Cuda, Wind screen looks really good!!I see in the picture that you have scoops on the stern hatch ... Did you get those from him also?? Did you have to drill new holes for the wind screen?

Jim

tcuda499
07-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Cuda, Wind screen looks really good!!I see in the picture that you have scoops on the stern hatch ... Did you get those from him also?? Did you have to drill new holes for the wind screen?

Jim

jim, the boat had the scoops when I bought it.....but I do think he sells them also. they're just normal scoops you can get out of Jegs or Summit. its a full glass engine hatch,No blowers anymore . kinda wish I had the original engine hatch and sunpad though. maybe blowers one day:cheers2: yes, I did drill all new holes.....in the windscreen and on the boat. sealed up the old holes.took about 3 hours total. had to shave down the windscreen alittle to fit aroud the dash and I made all new rubber grommits out of some plumbing grommits I had.

Cigboat#1
07-02-2010, 12:39 AM
I know what your talking about having the old hatch with the sun pad ...I used to work for a Wellcraft /Scarab dealer and most of the guys liked the sun pad better than the old Kaama/Vice hatches which were an extra cost option...The chickes liked the sunpad better too...The scoops look really bad Azz --- but not very practical !!!
As far as the blowers go ---a bucket full of money and maybe one or two seasons on the engines if you are lucky ,Not too many people can get them to run right and if they do the motors dont last very long because they can't keep out of the throttles....

Jim

SCARAB3DMC
07-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I know what your talking about having the old hatch with the sun pad ...I used to work for a Wellcraft /Scarab dealer and most of the guys liked the sun pad better than the old Kaama/Vice hatches which were an extra cost option...The chickes liked the sunpad better too...The scoops look really bad Azz --- but not very practical !!!
As far as the blowers go ---a bucket full of money and maybe one or two seasons on the engines if you are lucky ,Not too many people can get them to run right and if they do the motors dont last very long because they can't keep out of the throttles....

Jim

I got four years and 14 mph by adding blowers.. then boom !!:cheers2::sifone: