PDA

View Full Version : '97 240 Sport...

cstraub
04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Friend of mine bought boat new in '98. He put a little over 80 hours on it and then was in an accident that put him in the hospital and rehab for 18 months. The boat has sat inside in climate controlled storage since '01. He did the usual upgrades of dual batteries, docking lights, stero, steering wheel. He has made me what I think is a good deal on the boat. My question is any issues with these boats? Power is a 454mag, slient choice, and a Bravo 1.

Thanks for the replies.

fixxxer22
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
24 outlaw?

cstraub
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
24 Sport, same hull as the old 226.

MahopacMarine
04-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I had one years ago. Great boat, not an offshore racer though. If it was maintained well, shouldnt be any issues. The only thing I did not like about it was the seating. Not really a true sit down boat but not enough hullside for bolsters. Gets a bit shaky over 70mph though.

cstraub
04-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I had one years ago. Great boat, not an offshore racer though. If it was maintained well, shouldnt be any issues. The only thing I did not like about it was the seating. Not really a true sit down boat but not enough hullside for bolsters. Gets a bit shaky over 70mph though.

Thanks. Where I boat is not a large lake, 26 miles long. More of a glorified river channel. Not looking at putting big power in it just want something fun to buzz up the lake. I am familar with the instability of the boat at high speed, a customer had decent power in a 226 years ago and it got a little hairy.