PDA

View Full Version : Apache compared to Cigarette hull.

scwten13
03-31-2010, 04:08 PM
How similar are Apache and Cigarette hulls? I have never been between the two hulls to go back and forth on land, but they look very close. Both were designed by Mr. Aronow, right? And Formula too? Hull width, strakes, etc.etc.

DAREDEVIL
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
How similar are Apache and Cigarette hulls? I have never been between the two hulls to go back and forth on land, but they look very close. Both were designed by Mr. Aronow, right? And Formula too? Hull width, strakes, etc.etc.

MAGNUM,DONZI,APACHE,CIGARETTE,FORMULA,ARRONOW,are all from D.A.
The 41 Apache came from a streched 36 cig,,if i am not mistacen.

AND YES,THEY ARE ALL VERY SIMILAR AND CLOSE TO EACH OTHER !!!!

TCEd
03-31-2010, 05:38 PM
I sorta thought the hulls got bigger as the cargo got bigger:)

Premier Perf
03-31-2010, 07:50 PM

:sifone:I like that one...PRICELESS...:sifone:

phragle
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM

That would explain the cig 20, $100 of pepsi is a lot smaller than $100 of hay

Flying Dutchman
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Lots of good information http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365&highlight=apaches

See post #23

BUIZILLA
04-01-2010, 09:39 AM
That would explain the cig 20, $100 of pepsi is a lot smaller than $100 of hay uhhh... no
have you priced hay lately?

Ted
04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
<ducking> It was really cough..Bertram....cough...not...cough...Aronow...cough:leaving:

phragle
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
uhhh... no
have you priced hay lately?

Not for over 25 years....

fund razor
04-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Not for over 25 years....

I remember that 25 years ago hay was for horses, but grass was cheaper and straw was free. :D

scwten13
04-01-2010, 12:28 PM
So Ted, not trying to stir up trouble in the pot, this thread does have Apache in it after all, but you wrote Bertram designed the hulls? Just learning new things every day.

Thunderman
04-04-2010, 08:08 AM

The main difference is in how strong they were built.

fund razor
04-04-2010, 12:18 PM
So Ted, not trying to stir up trouble in the pot, this thread does have Apache in it after all, but you wrote Bertram designed the hulls? Just learning new things every day.

Is that your boat in your avatar?

scwten13
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Fund Razor, no, that isn't my boat. That is a picture of Predator, an Apache 41. I rode it her in 92 at Virginia Beach when she was owned by Ed Toth and powered by Herb Stotler engines. That picture was taken by someone else, I found it on SOS. If I am using it incorrectly or without permission please let me know and I will remove it from my avatar. I do have other pics I took myself back in 92 in the dry pits, but that one is pretty nice. I also have a short video of my ride taken from the beach. Big seas, they canceled the race because of 6 to 8 foot swells. Predator seemed right at home. I THINK she is owned by someone in the New York area. Once again, I apologize if I am using the picture incorrectly, but that is my favorite boat from my favorite boat maker.

ChiefApache
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Fund Razor, no, that isn't my boat. That is a picture of Predator, an Apache 41. I rode it her in 92 at Virginia Beach when she was owned by Ed Toth and powered by Herb Stotler engines. That picture was taken by someone else, I found it on SOS. If I am using it incorrectly or without permission please let me know and I will remove it from my avatar. I do have other pics I took myself back in 92 in the dry pits, but that one is pretty nice. I also have a short video of my ride taken from the beach. Big seas, they canceled the race because of 6 to 8 foot swells. Predator seemed right at home. I THINK she is owned by someone in the New York area. Once again, I apologize if I am using the picture incorrectly, but that is my favorite boat from my favorite boat maker.

You're allowd to have that as your avatar, no problem.

Chris
04-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Unless it has a watermark, it's OK. And most of the guys doing offshore phoography are all on here- and to my knowledge none of them mind re-use as long as the watermark remains intact,

scwten13
04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
OK, thanks for the information. Don't want to get someone upset.

fund razor
04-06-2010, 01:45 PM

I thought that I recognized it.
I just wondered if you had bought it. People around here do crazy things like buy old Apaches. :D

I am a fan of Warpath. And of course The Chief. :)

scwten13
04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Well, when I met Ed Toth at the Virginia Beach race in 92 he did say I could buy the whole rig, Predator, trailer and his F-350 truck for $250,000. Still haven't won the lottery so I will have to stick with the models of the Miami Vice Scarab I have built. Converted one to full race, pretty cool really. Marines livery, even has a matching 18 wheeler tow vehicle. Currently working on scratch builing a trailer for another to be pulled by a Hummer, with a gooseneck to boot!

htrdlncn
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
MAGNUM,DONZI,APACHE,CIGARETTE,FORMULA,ARRONOW,are all from D.A.
The 41 Apache came from a streched 36 cig,,if i am not mistacen.

AND YES,THEY ARE ALL VERY SIMILAR AND CLOSE TO EACH OTHER !!!!

and the designs built off Cig molds such as the 32 and 36 Carreras.
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58121&d=1269376862

DAREDEVIL
04-08-2010, 05:25 PM
and the designs built off Cig molds such as the 32 and 36 Carreras.
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58121&d=1269376862

I like your sig line......but it also could be an Aero-Tek...LOL:sifone:

I love that carrera by the way. COOL:cheers2:

htrdlncn
04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I like your sig line......but it also could be an Aero-Tek...LOL:sifone:

I love that carrera by the way. COOL:cheers2:

:bump:

BraceYourself
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
They were similar 30 years ago. Today there is a huge difference.