PDA

View Full Version : Here she is.

Buoy
10-10-2008, 08:54 PM
1980 24x7 Pantera.
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr288/bouyhunter/Boat/HPIM1244.jpg

stecz20
10-11-2008, 09:31 PM
thats badass.. you have anymore pics of her?? i was never that big of a pantera fan but last few months ive learned the error of my ways.....

Buoy
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr288/bouyhunter/Boat/HPIM0876.jpg
I've got her torn down now for paint, But it's time to start putting her back together.

stecz20
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
that thing looks like fun.....

Buoy
10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
I haven't even splashed her yet. Brought her home and tore her down.
I'm thinking oughta be the perfect boat for me. Single BBC, small enough to easily trailer around and manage, and still a wave crusher.
I watched it change hands twice before I saw it come up for sale again, and I bought it sight unseen.

BY U BOY
10-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Looks good.I love the old school lines.

cosmic12
10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Love it! are you staying with the red? I do hope so. OLD SCHOOL RULES we don't need no stinking steps:drool5:

phragle
10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I love the old school single life line down the middle, takes me back to the first time I saw offshore on tv as a kid

Buoy
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys.
I want to go with a Charcoal gray color for the hullsides. White bottom, white deck. I'd kind of like to do something with the PANTERA lettering on the sides, and the green eye's, but I don't want it to be blatant - more like something you only catch from the right angle of view.
I was specifically looking for an old-school boat with the original life-line still on it. It was coming down to this or a Magnum. Both very cool boats.

fund razor
10-16-2008, 11:47 AM
It is a sweetie.

Nice choice.

Buoy
10-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Went over this morning and talked to the guy that's gonna do some powder-coat for me. Windshield, cleats, and nav light. All black.
I still need to bead blast the windshield frame, maybe sneak into work tomorrow and get that done.
$135 to powder it all.
I thought that was reasonable.
It's not a local Kentucky yocal either. ISO business, so I should be good.

Buoy
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Just because we all love pics.
Bead blasted everything today.
Ready for powdercoat.

Buoy
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I know I need to clean the garage...
Too many projects going on, and not enough time.

Buoy
10-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I need to post all the pics from my thread at the other place to show the progression of this one.

Dude! Sweet!
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Some of my favorite pictures of Tim's boat. :cheers2:

stormrider
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Tim... we expect to see her hit water next spring.
You think you'll get'r done?

Buoy
11-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Tim... we expect to see her hit water next spring.
You think you'll get'r done?

How did I miss your post???

Sorry, it's been a busy time, on many fronts.
Looking at possibly completeing her down south - closer to where she was birthed.
Working to make it happen.
We'll see.

stormrider
11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
good luck w/ it!
It looked great when sean had it... i'm sure you can only make it nicer!

Bobcat
11-07-2008, 10:36 AM
damn, thanks to dude sweet I know exactly how I would look in a 24 pantera !:D

getchasum111
11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
cool....i love those classic lines.....did you end up getting that fellow from Ky to do the painting....just kidding....you will have to come to lake cumberland next year....git er done....

Dude! Sweet!
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Shoot, I guess I'm gonna have to post the "motor's back in" photos here? :D

Buoy
03-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Shoot, I guess I'm gonna have to post the "motor's back in" photos here? :D

Man, I'm being called out...
I've been a busy guy - currently sitting in a hotel room in Phoenix. My house in KY is on the market, and we're about to sign papers to get into a place out here.
The compass that was heading us south took us about 35-40 degrees to the WSW - and about 1800 miles.
We did manage to get the motor back in the boat this past weekend.

Perlmudder
03-04-2009, 11:50 PM
man that things gunna look sweet when its done! any speed estimates?

glassdave
03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Looks good Tim, where will you be boating out there? Havasu? Been there, pretty cool but much different from the lakes here.

Buoy
03-05-2009, 12:09 AM
man that things gunna look sweet when its done! any speed estimates?

It was a mild build - If the boat see's 70 I'm more than happy, but I'm a realist, and think mid-upper 60's is just fine by me.
Gotta remember, the boat is a 1980 CLASSIC offshore, sometimes it's better to look cool than go fast. There is always someone faster than you no matter who you are, but, if you're the coolest classic around that day... Well, you will be remembered.

Looks good Tim, where will you be boating out there? Havasu? Been there, pretty cool but much different from the lakes here.

I've been on another board out here talking to the locals, and I'm told there are six lakes close by (45 mins to 2 hr) Havasu is a bit further, but certainly will be worth the haul.
After growing up on Erie, I think everything is going to pale compared to that. I really loved that water - but, I'm also going to enjoy selling my snow shovel and window scraper.
I guess from the pictures I've seen, the closest I could compare the lakes here to would be Cumberland - which is also much different than Erie.

I passed by at least 4 boat dealerships out here today, and all I can say is, when my boat hits the water out here, there will be a lot of people saying Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is that?
Certainly not the "norm" for out here.
Which suits me just fine.:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Boating in Lake Travis was a big change from The Chesapeake bay too. From salt to fresh water and no ice is a big plus. I was at the lake today. Sunny, clear and 80.

Like Dave said Havasu is cool. It is a world uniquely its own.

Buoy
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
I've never boated in salt - well, one run in the gulf with Ratman. Seems like a PITA, but I would be willing to try it.
I'm kind of walking in blind out here - just glad that there is water.

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
I've never boated in salt - well, one run in the gulf with Ratman. Seems like a PITA, but I would be willing to try it.
I'm kind of walking in blind out here - just glad that there is water.

Best of luck to ya. There will be plenty of places and things to explore.

Dude! Sweet!
03-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Don't worry Tim, we'll take good care of you. Planning a trip with the boat out to Parker this spring or summer (!)... And I'm going to drag your butt, Mrs. Bouy's butt and the little sled fka as "Hot Stuff" out here to run in the big blue. The boat loved it out here. You have to give 'er what she wants! :D

My kids are actually geeked up to see the boat again too. Your boat will always be the first boat my daughter's ever driven (and I'd guess the same goes for Ironman's kids).

I was seeing low/mid 60s with that stock 330. Put some 280 tabs on it and let 'er rip. You know I love posting photos of your boat in the ocean, so here ya go! : )

Bobcat
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
fenders in dude , fenders in! actually on the 20' wellcraft I leave em out all the time, it makes me look dangerous !:sifone:

Davidmnc
03-05-2009, 10:09 AM
fenders in dude , fenders in! actually on the 20' wellcraft I leave em out all the time, it makes me look dangerous !:sifone:

And makes drunk docking less expensive! :biggrinjester:

ar15meister
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
you are going to have one cool boat when she is ready

enjoy.

Dude! Sweet!
03-06-2009, 10:31 PM

If you look, the title of that photo is "Poodle's on Parade"... I didn't think you FL guys even knew what fenders were!? :sifone:

Buoy
03-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks Guys.

Sean, I can't wait to get her back together, but a lot on my plate now.
Mainly making this 1800 mile move, and finding a job...
But, I have a mission in mind.
I'd love to meet your daughter that decided the first words worth saying were the name of the boat.
That's cool.

baddogz28
03-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Great looking boat, good luck with the move too.

Dude! Sweet!
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks Guys.

Sean, I can't wait to get her back together, but a lot on my plate now.
Mainly making this 1800 mile move, and finding a job...
But, I have a mission in mind.
I'd love to meet your daughter that decided the first words worth saying were the name of the boat.
That's cool.

I was trying to upload the videos of her at age 2 (well 2.7 really when your that young it matters) driving the boat in the ocean off HB. Sound sucks, but you can still hear the dry pipes popping in the back ground... Can't seem to do it without converting them to another format.

Kid loves to go fast. Moreso than my son. She also is apparently incapable of getting dizzy (proven on a swivelling chair spun at high speed for prologned periods)... So, hopefully she'll be an astronaut or a fighter pilot. :D

Tim you know you're welcome to give a shout if there's anything I can give a hand with. By the way, when the boats ready to go, I have a couple of PVC poles I made to go on the trailer than help with loading and centering the boat. They bolt right onto those 4 holes on each rail at the back of the trialer. They're all yours.

Buoy
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks Sean.
The wife moved to PHX yesterday, and is looking for a place for us to live today.
I'll be heading out in three weeks.
Realtor showing the house today, so I need to bail out of here with the dogs for a bit.
Had a buddy rebuild all the spindles on the trailer, all new bearings.
He's coming by to put it back together this afternoon.
Other than that, I'm just putting in time around here.

Dude! Sweet!
04-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Hey Tim, how 'bout this one...

djmadmatt
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Erie, Home of the Rogue, WTF, where did those come from waves. Also, Is that Hail? That lightning is really close. Oh, thats right, It's Boat Wake Sunday.

Don't forget about the Coast Guard, Conservation Officers, Park Police, Border Patrol and Fish and Game Commision all patroling 3 miles of water. Really?!?! Those F*cks have taken all the fun out of boating.

Dude! Sweet!
04-27-2009, 11:02 PM
We need to figure out how to get Bobcat to dump his current sleds and get him into a Pantera... Dude's already almost an honorary member of La Familia... :D

Buoy
05-02-2009, 09:23 PM
OK, things are settling down, and got back to work today.
Felt great!!!
Aside from the fiberglass itchies I've got going on now.

Glassing in the holes in the cockpit that were cut for stereo, and nav equipment, and filling snap holes on the cockpit cover.

I love the smell of resin... mixed with the flavor of beer:sifone:

Buoy
05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Filling snap holes, and various minor butchering.
I'm fortunate that the boat is mostly unmolested.

Buoy
05-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Last ones from today.
Chasing down some spider-web stress cracks.
It looks worse than it really is, but, it gets ugly before it gets better.

Bobcat
05-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Filling snap holes, and various minor butchering.
I'm fortunate that the boat is mostly unmolested.

2nd one would have been a nice pic until the lunar eclipse blotted out the sun:26::26:

Buoy
05-02-2009, 10:09 PM
2nd one would have been a nice pic until the lunar eclipse blotted out the sun:26::26:

I have a new name for my head - "Lunar"
It sure beats "Meat".

Buoy
05-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Did you check out my palm trees???
Cool!

Dude! Sweet!
05-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Tim, you going to change the tabs while your at it?

Buoy
05-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Tim, you going to change the tabs while your at it?

eventually.
That is a low priority on my list right now.

Dude! Sweet!
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Lookin' good bud. Can't wait to see it. :D

LittleDcsRodShop
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Tim , I just hit google earth over your location & seen some invaiders headed your way !! Turn the lights off & Lock up Everything !!! Are you ok ???? :grouphug: Lol.. !!!

Dude! Sweet!
05-07-2009, 05:03 PM
24 hours from now that whole place will just be a smoking crater! :D

Buoy
05-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Tim , I just hit google earth over your location & seen some invaiders headed your way !! Turn the lights off & Lock up Everything !!! Are you ok ???? :grouphug: Lol.. !!!

hehehe...

I need to go stock the fridge in a bit:)

fund razor
05-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I think that I would like a concrete yard. :D

Perlmudder
05-08-2009, 11:22 AM

My mom is redoing our front lawn with sod, I told her fake grass would be MUCH better. She looked at me like I'm trailer trash! :sifone:

Perlmudder
05-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Looking good Tim! I thought you were trying to have a can of beer in each picture?

Buoy
05-08-2009, 01:42 PM

I love it! Stone front yard too. No grass what so ever.

Buoy
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I thought you were trying to have a can of beer in each picture?

Trust me, there is always one close by.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I love it! Stone front yard too. No grass what so ever.

For some reason I have a good feeling you are "The Redneck" of the neighborhood !!! & I will add that the company you are keeping isn't
helping a bit !!!

duunoit
05-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Party at Tim's place is over... everyone is heading home.

Buoy
05-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Great meeting everyone yesterday from the famalia.
I have a few pics (I think), but I'll wait to share:)

Dude! Sweet!
05-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Right on. Thanks for the hospitality! It's really a pleasure to get together with fellow Pantera owners and find out that they're just like me... But then I guess I shouldn't insult people who've welcomed me into their home like that! :D

Awesome time yesterday! Damn shame that we didn't succeed in drunk dialing Bobcat... just drunk texting.

Buoy
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Went out today with intentions of working on the boat.
Spent the day working on the air compressor.
There is still time, I may make it back out tonight.
It was getting warm (~100), and I needed a break.
Need to find a new Kick-off valve/regulator/relay for the compressor.

duunoit
05-23-2009, 09:25 PM
That's how my days usually go.

At least in AZ there's no off season :D

Buoy
05-23-2009, 10:11 PM
That's how my days usually go.

At least in AZ there's no off season :D

Very true.

I made it back out and started grinding on some of the fill spots, and then JJ came out screaming because she set a pan on fire while trying to make dinner...
Usually she's a pretty good cook.
I did the calming thing, and knocked the dust off in the shower.
At least I know what needs done tomorrow.
Keep the wife away from the stove, and just grill:sifone:

Do you have the motor in the 28 yet?

duunoit
05-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Funny story about that...

Well not really. Actually there is no story. I haven't even started on it. I had to wait on a few parts from Summit and Gaffrig since my motor wasn't setup exactly like Sean's. But those are all here now and it looks like tomorrow is my day. Unless it rains. At least there is only an 80% chance. D@mn I wish I was in AZ... any room in the doublewide?

Buoy
05-24-2009, 11:29 AM
HAHA.
I'm loving the desert:)

Good luck on the weather! Keep us posted on the progress.

Dude! Sweet!
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Tim, you make any more headway over the weekend? We had the 24 our a couple times, but just doing the harbor cruiser, party barge deal. All good. And much better than a day in the office! :D

Buoy
05-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Just a bit more grinding and filling.
Can't go crazy now. Budget fell apart when we moved here.
JJ is keeping up on the billz, and I'm still job hunting.:(
Nothing that shows like I accomplished anything - but these are the time consuming stages.
And spending most of the day looking for a job for boat money.

Dude! Sweet!
05-27-2009, 11:50 PM
As a famous Irish poet once said "Work is the downfall of the drinking class..." C'mon Lotto!

Buoy
11-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I spent the afternoon back on the boat.
It's been a while.
It's almost like the damn boat has been staring at me every time I step into the back yard, and wondering why I'm not working on her.
It's uncomfortable.
I spent some time today grinding out the broken rib in the hatch, and making up a new rib. Used two pieces of 1/2 inch Ply, and laminated them together with resin. Glass them in the next few days.
These are pics of the failed area of the rib.

Buoy
11-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Grinded it all out, and laminated a new rib.

Buoy
11-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Also started fooling around with the idea of a 3-man, my wife is gonna kill me when she see's what I'm doing...
Actually, she'll probably be cool with it.

Trueser
11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Are you using marine plywood?

Buoy
11-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Are you using marine plywood?

No, not for this.
It's just a mock-up for the three-man. If I get it right, I'll probably just use it and glass it.
For what I'm doing, marine grade would be overkill.

Perlmudder
11-10-2009, 10:29 PM
dude must have been hanging out with some fatties to bust up the hatch like that!! :03:

Trim'd Up
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Also started fooling around with the idea of a 3-man, my wife is gonna kill me when she see's what I'm doing...
Actually, she'll probably be cool with it.

I didn't realize your boat was painted in urban camo. I like it! :sifone: :26:

Buoy
11-10-2009, 10:49 PM
dude must have been hanging out with some fatties to bust up the hatch like that!! :03:

Yeah, I've been busting on him about that.
But, she's mine now, and no fatties allowed!
What's that sticker you have on the windshield??

I didn't realize your boat was painted in urban camo. I like it! :sifone: :26:

F-you:26::sifone:
Yeah, I've been slowly (very slowly...) prepping her for a good paint job.

I'm still digging through my garage (after the move from KY) to try to find pieces and parts...

LittleDcsRodShop
11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Looking good Tim !! Glad to see you got a chance to spend some time on the ole girl.

Buoy
11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Looking good Tim !! Glad to see you got a chance to spend some time on the ole girl.

I got to tell you, I love the avatar.

Yeah, I finally had some time today.
I miss wrenching on the boat, and having a normal schedule.
Doing what I have to do.

Perlmudder
11-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I've been busting on him about that.
But, she's mine now, and no fatties allowed!
What's that sticker you have on the windshield??

NO FATTIES NO UGLIES!!!

when you get the pantera done, lemme know what color you want and ill send you a set of decals! :)

LittleDcsRodShop
11-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I got to tell you, I love the avatar.

Yeah, I finally had some time today.
I miss wrenching on the boat, and having a normal schedule.
Doing what I have to do.

Funny b/c I just seen Seans thread..

I think you may have a pm :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Man, I saw that picture of the 3 man mock up and actually let out a little evil laugh... That's good stuff!

I don't think it was fatties that did in that hatch (although you'll have to ask IronMan). Maybe from people bouncing off the hatch at speed on their way out! Ha ha ha!

Perlmudder
11-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't think it was fatties that did in that hatch (although you'll have to ask IronMan). Maybe from people bouncing off the hatch at speed on their way out! Ha ha ha!

excuses... excuses... :03:

Pismo10
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Looks great, keeps us informed. Love that old boat...

LittleDcsRodShop
11-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Tim check your email box b/c I tried replying to the pm just now & my mouth is apparantly to big b/c it was over double the 3000 charactor capacity of a PM.. :seeya:

Buoy
11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Tim check your email box b/c I tried replying to the pm just now & my mouth is apparantly to big b/c it was over double the 3000 charactor capacity of a PM.. :seeya:

Nothing there.
3000 character?? Damn, thats a lot of advice.
Delete the quotes, and resend.
I need the info before I go and f-it-up this weekend.

The wife still doesn't realize the vertical sheet of plywood in the boat is the beginning of a three man bolster - or at least she hasn't acknowledged it yet...

When I start working on it more this weekend, she'll certainly comment.
I'm not sure if I mentioned, it's just something I'm toying with the idea, and want to make the boat convertible from sit-down to three-man in less than 10 minutes.

LittleDcsRodShop
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Nothing there.
3000 character?? Damn, thats a lot of advice.
Delete the quotes, and resend.
I need the info before I go and f-it-up this weekend.

The wife still doesn't realize the vertical sheet of plywood in the boat is the beginning of a three man bolster - or at least she hasn't acknowledged it yet...

When I start working on it more this weekend, she'll certainly comment.
I'm not sure if I mentioned, it's just something I'm toying with the idea, and want to make the boat convertible from sit-down to three-man in less than 10 minutes.

I see you found it "Ice man" :cheers2:

Now you see what I ment about it exceeding 3000 with the quotes deleted.. haha..;)

Buoy
11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I spent the entire day today working on the boat.

I got the bow rib of the engine hatch replaced, maybe one more layer of glass, and she's done. Already so much stronger. I was doing an Irish jig on it this afternoon, and it wasn't flexing.

But now, I'm looking at the way the hatch is laying, and I think I need to do the Aft rib also. Should be easy now that I've already been through this project.
Sorry, not many pics of the hatch repair. My method was somewhat crude, but functional. Needs a little grinding and pretty-ing, but it's never gonna be as tight as Scott's bilge is looking.

Also kept playing with my 3-man set up. I fessed up to the wife today that I was toying with the idea, and she just rolled her eyes and said "whatever..."
This is still just a mock-up of the mounts, and I made them out of plywood, to make a working template for billet. The seat itself I will probably glass and use once I have it comfortable and fine tuned in.
I'm looking for suggestions on the 3-man seat.
I already realize I need to move the steering wheel a few inches to Starboard. The throttle in the Port arm seems to work out well, and also would work well if I ever decide to take her out for "the real deal"

These pics are for Sean and Scott...

Buoy
11-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Few more pics

duunoit
11-29-2009, 09:15 PM
What's the weather like out there now? When I was doing the glass work on the C-69, I had to wait for spring/summer for the resin to cure. I would say that you are in the opposite situation.

Buoy
11-29-2009, 09:20 PM
And before anyone asks...
Yes, I sat in the helm, drank a beer, jacked around with the throttle and shifter, and made motor noises:willy_nilly:

Buoy
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
What's the weather like out there now? When I was doing the glass work on the C-69, I had to wait for spring/summer for the resin to cure. I would say that you are in the opposite situation.

Chris, it was actually pretty cool today.
Mid 60's.
But it'll bounce to low 80's in the next day or two.
While I was making the second batch of resin, a cold front started coming in, so I hit it a bit with hardener to make it kick a bit faster.
Chilly at night - 40 or so.

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I think ,,,nice work. BUT the seat will say ByBy in rough sea. Also the throttle needs to be more forward and down a tat.
The seat also is to heavy !!!

Sorry, even though i am the other Scott,,,,:USA:

Buoy
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I think ,,,nice work. BUT the seat will say ByBy in rough sea. Also the throttle needs to be more forward and down a tat.
The seat also is to heavy !!!

Sorry, even though i am the other Scott,,,,:USA:

I agree on the throttle placement, it's not ideal.
But, this is a mock-up, and I plan on refining from here.
It's easier to remove material than it is to put it back.:smash:
The seat really is not heavy at all.
I'd guess less than 10-15# before foam and vinyl.

I'm not sure if the seat sides are deep enough horizontally - I went 16". I seem to have plenty more room to add foam to cushion me, but until I do it, it's hard to judge.

As far as the seat saying bye-bye, final version will have locking pins (similar to Hood-Pins on and old camaro), and the fabbed mount will be billet.
Again, the intention is not to race this boat, but, have her set up to race if I wanted, and also easily convert to a sit-down. I actually have a plan here. But, It'd probably breakdown before finishing a weekend of racing - may not even complete a lap:ack2:

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I agree on the throttle placement, it's not ideal.
But, this is a mock-up, and I plan on refining from here.
It's easier to remove material than it is to put it back.:smash:
The seat really is not heavy at all.
I'd guess less than 10-15# before foam and vinyl.

I'm not sure if the seat sides are deep enough horizontally - I went 16". I seem to have plenty more room to add foam to cushion me, but until I do it, it's hard to judge.

As far as the seat saying bye-bye, final version will have locking pins (similar to Hood-Pins on and old camaro), and the fabbed mount will be billet.
Again, the intention is not to race this boat, but, have her set up to race if I wanted, and also easily convert to a sit-down. I actually have a plan here. But, It'd probably breakdown before finishing a weekend of racing - may not even complete a lap:ack2:

If u think like that,,,,,,,DON'T RACE !!!!! LOL
Trusst me ,, I KNOW WHY I SAY THAT .

Seat looks ok,,just hope u mount it right.
also think it should go deeper on the leg part.

Buoy
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM
also think it should go deeper on the leg part.

Deeper horizontal, or vertical?
Vertically, I feel like I have plenty of support.
Horizontally, I'm not sure until I put all the foam in, and am sitting(standing) snug.
As far as racing...
I have no plans of campaigning this boat, but I probably could, with really mild power. In a lot of cases, it seems like all you have to do is finish.:)
I'd be more interested in doing the Bimini race with Charlie's bunch, just for the fact to say I did it, and the experience. That is a cool race.

DAREDEVIL
11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Deeper horizontal, or vertical?
Vertically, I feel like I have plenty of support.
Horizontally, I'm not sure until I put all the foam in, and am sitting(standing) snug.
As far as racing...
I have no plans of campaigning this boat, but I probably could, with really mild power. In a lot of cases, it seems like all you have to do is finish.:)
I'd be more interested in doing the Bimini race with Charlie's bunch, just for the fact to say I did it, and the experience. That is a cool race.

YEP,,,but u would need 120 gallons of fuel min. !!!!!

I ment vertical,,but if u think its ok ,,then ok.

A sit down would be the way to go,,,,,,kind of like what i did.
It was a stand up before.

Buoy
11-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Scott - how do you have the throttles set up to run off two different controls?
I'm not sure how to rig that, but was seriously considering rigging for dual stations.

DAREDEVIL
11-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Scott - how do you have the throttles set up to run off two different controls?
I'm not sure how to rig that, but was seriously considering rigging for dual stations.

Easy,,,2 cables go back,,1 hooked up !!!!!

If i need to change controls , i take the 1 off the carb and stick the other on !!!!!!! :eek::sifone::seeya:

Dude! Sweet!
11-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Tim, you're a mad man! I didn't get much boat stuff done this weekend, but I did some bodywork on the Camaro and got the new slicks to fit. Always something bud. Looks good!

So... What did Daredevil do?

rchevelle71
11-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Cant believe I havent seen this thred til now, heres yer 3 man, Daredevil remembers this day:bump:

DAREDEVIL
11-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Cant believe I havent seen this thred til now, heres yer 3 man, Daredevil remembers this day:bump:

OHHHH hell,, it rained like sombody wanted to flood the key's !!!!!!:ack2:

Tomas Wallin
12-01-2009, 06:11 AM
A sit down would be the way to go,,,,,,kind of like what i did.
It was a stand up before.
Agree on that! Personally I would definately get a pair of nice racing sit down seats, a foot throttle and be good to go! The 24's are perfect for sit down, it looks kind of funny standing up when your 6ft4"! :rolleyes:

Dude! Sweet!
12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm only 6'2" and I've almost fallen out of my 24 with the standups...

rchevelle71
12-01-2009, 09:53 PM
OHHHH hell,, it rained like sombody wanted to flood the key's !!!!!!:ack2:

Glad I got out of yer truck when I did, the drains to the bilge thru the stringers was clogged, and the bilge pump was doing nuthin, almost sunk at that there dock:ack2:

DAREDEVIL
12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
LOL,, i remember that,, u told me there !!!!!! DAMN was that a crazy down poor ?!:ack2:

But back on track,,,,,,he defenatley needs a 3 seater SIT DOWN bolster.
So i was thinking that u rick are gonna take some nice pics of your seat and some messurements and PM them to him !!!!!!!

RIGHT ??

Buoy
12-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Alright, Alright...
Like I said, I've just been toying with the idea, and this was a mock-up, just to see what I'd have.
I'm not entirely thrilled with it, and I know the wife is gonna ***** if I actually go through with this ( aside from the fact that she would have access to the throttle).
Just had an idea that I could quickly convert from a 3-man, to a dual sit-down pleasure. I think my idea would work. But, after playing with it, I doubt I'd be entirely happy in this boat. Too much stuff to move, and with most "convertible vehicles" they are OK at both applications, but not great at either.
I guess what it comes down to is...
I was working on repairing the engine hatch, and while resin is curing, I need something to play around with, or else I'll just sit back and drink beer.
It kept me busy in-between glass layers on the hatch.
I agree, the gunwales are low on this boat, and I'm 5'11, the wife is 5'10", stand-up would make us stick out like the infamous "boner in sweatpants":willy_nilly:
I've just always liked a stand-up, and just thinking I'm going old-school with the boat... But, some new school also.
I'm just working on a happy medium between the two, and not lose the classic look, but also have functionality.

Tomas Wallin
12-05-2009, 05:20 PM
But back on track,,,,,,he defenatley needs a 3 seater SIT DOWN bolster.
So i was thinking that u rick are gonna take some nice pics of your seat and some messurements and PM them to him !!!!!!!

RIGHT ??
A 3seater sit or stand up 24/7 will most likely cause some bad headaches...

phragle
12-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Buoy...your in AZ.. go to a good offroad shop and sit in a set of mastercrafts or beard superseats...........