PDA

View Full Version : LED flashers

Bill
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
FOr the Ford techs out there, I have a 2000 F450 Chassis cab with an aftermarket box on it and the owners are haveing me convert the old lights over to LEDs. One of the Ford dealers they went to and an autoparts store were of no help, so hopefully you guys can give me a hand. I need the LED Flasher to put in the truck so it does not have the fast flash to it. I have to assume Ford makes one or someone makes one for Ford, so can anyone steer me in the right direction???

Thanks!!

Chris
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
fixxxer22 will be along shortly. He's our resident Ford Master tech. You can try PM'ing him too.

fixxxer22
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
You do not really need a flasher. You need a resistor to make the module assume there is an actual larger load than a LED (I.E. a bulb) I will take some resistance readings of bulbs at work and see what we need to run to make the flasher work correctly. you can just run it in-line with the b+ side of the circuit. you can run to any radio shack and pick up a resistor. they are pennies.

Bill
03-24-2010, 07:20 AM
You do not really need a flasher. You need a resistor to make the module assume there is an actual larger load than a LED (I.E. a bulb) I will take some resistance readings of bulbs at work and see what we need to run to make the flasher work correctly. you can just run it in-line with the b+ side of the circuit. you can run to any radio shack and pick up a resistor. they are pennies.

Thanks, where would you sugest I tap into the b+?? There is NO room in the box to do that. When I converted on my truck, it was sooo simple, buy relay, plug in and done...

Airpacker
03-24-2010, 07:39 AM
if it uses a standard two pin flasher, try a 552 flasher.

fixxxer22
03-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Ok, i am confused. Did you just install LED replacement lamps or did you install some retrofit kit with a control box.

Please let me know in detail of what it consists of and what you installed.

Bill
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, i am confused. Did you just install LED replacement lamps or did you install some retrofit kit with a control box.

Please let me know in detail of what it consists of and what you installed.

Pulled out all of the old running, back-up, tail and brake lights and replaced with LED's from Midwest Wheel. For some reason (not yours) Ford parts departments are clueless about the LED Relay that snaps in below and left of the radio. I got the relay to day from Midwest wheel, was 40 bucks but all I had to do was pull the panel below the stereo and install under there. Thanks so much for the help!!