PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

htrdlncn
03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
We got our forum,
now we need you guys to start posting, even if you dont still have one maybe you can tell us some good stories when you did or post up some pictures.
Thanks Seriousoffshore.com!

So let me start, I was lucky enough to have been
around in the days of Carrera in miami, even helped out a couple times at the old Carrera plant in hialeah , helped my cousin build his boat one of the few
CriCat , small 17ft Carrera Cat , only 4 or 5 were built.
Did many a burnout in the huge parking lot there , good times!

http://damncarrera.com/damn.JPG

TexomaPowerboater
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Do you have any pics of the 17ft carrera cat? Didn't know they made a little cat.

OldSchool
03-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks Seriousoffshore.com!

From everyone here at SOS, you are very welcome. That's a cool boat, let's hear more about it. Did you race?

Post 'em up!! :cheers2:

htrdlncn
03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Thats not mine :-)
Thats the owner/driver Humberto Picon , Sal Picon on throttles and I dont know who was navigating. Looks like Ray .
Im still looking/waiting to find mine.
Been around them all my life though.

htrdlncn
03-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Do you have any pics of the 17ft carrera cat? Didn't know they made a little cat.

Yup, it was a design from sweeden if I remember right, had a cool top and big wing,looked like a james Bond boat. there was something wrong with it, they would crack between the sponsons , most sank, we built my cousins extra thick and strong so it stayed together but it had to be reglassed a couple times before he was forced to destroy it . he also cut the top off it cause you would bake in it when going slow.
Thing flew with a 200 though..
They also made a small 19 or 21 open fish , didnt make many of those either, cool little boat, would run mid 50s with the big 4 cyl merc I/O and almost at the end they also made a Carrera flats boat which actually sold well.