PDA

View Full Version : US Race Teams Receive Powerboat P1 Support for 2010

Martin Sanborn
03-19-2010, 12:09 PM
For Immediate Release

US Race Teams Receive Powerboat P1 Support for 2010

March 18, 2010 Greenville, NC: Powerboat P1 USA announced today that they have finalized an agreement that paves the way for the first class of boats to run under the Powerboat P1 banner in North America. The contingency sponsorship agreement establishes a single-engine version of the Evolution class, which will run as a provisional series throughout the US for the 2010 season.

The unified class, known as Super-V-Lite throughout North America, is currently arranging its own race schedule that will see a highly competitive fleet, consisting of 14 mono-hull boats, running with multiple racing organizations in 2010 under the same set of rules. As a result, the class has been adopted as a Powerboat P1 provisional class and will be integrated into the global Powerboat P1 series beginning in 2011.

“Since they [Super-V Lite] are the only v-bottom class in the country with the same rules in each existing US organization, they are the logical choice for the Powerboat P1 USA series,” according to Martin Sanborn, director of Powerboat P1 USA. “Their simple rule format lends itself well to the power-to-weight ratio competition model of Powerboat P1, at four kilograms per horsepower.”

The agreement allows the teams to run their own race schedule, but to be eligible for the $120,000 total contingency prize purse, a minimum number of participating boats must compete at each event. The teams can also earn points toward an overall end-of-season championship purse. As part of the contingency deal, teams must adopt some of the critical Powerboat P1 elements, including UIM-APBA membership, uniforms and boat appearance.

The class has also secured an agreement with Iceman Productions to produce a television package that will focus on the class and its teams throughout the season. This will provide the opportunity for the content to also be included in the international television production of the global Powerboat P1 show.

George Auriemma, Jr., the class spokesman and organizer, welcomes the relationship with Powerboat P1 and looks forward to the expansion of the class both in the US and internationally.

“Our class has worked hard to come together as a group and ensure that we have great competition on the race course,” according to Auriemma. “Our acceptance into the Powerboat P1 format, combined with our television package, is recognition of the level of competition and professionalism in the class.”

Powerboat P1 USA expects that their support of the class in the 2010 season will benefit all of the event producers, providing an incentive for a significant number of teams to participate in multiple events. It is also the first step toward a consolidation of the premier mono-hull configurations to reduce the number of classes, while simultaneously increasing the overall number of boats; and, the level of competition.

###

Media Enquiries:

USA: Marilyn DeMartini, PR Power
e. md@prpower.biz t. +1 954-564-7234

LONDON: Sam Feasey, Press Officer, Powerboat P1
e. sam.feasey@powerboatp1.com t. +44 (0) 20 7616 5583

IMAGES
For access to the online library of hi-res Powerboat P1 imagery please register via our Media section* of the official Powerboat P1 website at www.powerboatp1.com/media

*Please note, a password will be emailed to you following registration.

NOTES TO EDITORS

Powerboat P1 USA
www.powerboatp1usa.com

Powerboat P1 USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of London based Powerboat P1 Management Ltd., based in North Carolina. Powerboat P1 USA’s objectives are to Build and develop a truly world class marine based motorsports marketing and entertainment property that produces and supports the finest marine related events in North America. Powerboat P1 USA strives to be a unifying force within the offshore racing and power-boating community, by creating a strong and respected organization that supports both national and regional event production, with international recognition through the UIM and APBA; and, will provide a competition model with consistent rules that are supported by definitive technical criteria, in order to create a level playing field for all competitors.

Ted
03-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Nice!!

phragle
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Does George ever sleep??

Ratickle
03-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Congratulations Martin and George. Nice work. Still looking to join you guys, (and ladies).......

Dunbar 104
03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Still looking to join you guys, (and ladies).......[/QUOTE]

Better get to it. It is going to be a great year. Don't miss out by waiting to long.

Wahoo 214
03-19-2010, 06:20 PM
How is the contingency $$ paid out and is it cash or product related?

heater63
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Good questions Dean! Also is the 120,000 just for the V-lite class or is that for all of P1

DAREDEVIL
03-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, i quess its time to talk to my buddy Will now ?!

mmmhhhhh:cheers2::sifone::seeya:

Dunbar 104
03-20-2010, 12:27 AM
How is the contingency $$ paid out and is it cash or product related?

$$$$$

imco offshore
03-20-2010, 05:34 AM
It will be paid out in CASH ,,and currently SVL,S are the only class that fit the P-1 USA
IT.S A CLASS SPONSOR ,,IF YOU WANT SOME OF THE MONEY JOIN THE CLASS, we are working very hard to make the class grow.
SVL has been around for some time now,and now we have come up with a program that will better the class.
We welcome any and all Offshore Race teams to build an SVL and join us,this is what our goal is ,,!!
As Offshore goes,, ORG leaders are being bomb barded with the ,,how come they get that ??? I have spent countless hours contacting sponsors,,products,,services,,ect,, Anybody can do it,,all classes should at least try,,Knowone handed us anything ,We went out and got it. I have had a number of calls ,,asking how come I can,t run my F-150 in the Corvette class,,,Class Rules dictate so. Sorry.. Their are still some SVL.S outtheir to be had,,and plenty of time,,,We welcome anyone, and the class will help in any way to get you to the water on time. If your interested I think ,,Dare Devel,,Bob Mezowski,,Lavey Craft..Bob Teague,,,The Kostalocks (wild ride)Tony Pachico(Bad Boys) still have one for sale.. Thank you George Jr,

AugiePensa
03-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Congrats guy's, I'm happy it's gonna work out for you all. Be safe. Augie

imco offshore
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Thank you Augie,,it is going to work out, for all,, ??

Racerguymiami
03-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Will the rules allow for a new brand of boat to be elegible with only one being built so far or do they require 5 built and sold?

DAREDEVIL
03-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Will the rules allow for a new brand of boat to be elegible with only one being built so far or do they require 5 built and sold?

NOW..there is a good question !!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2:

imco offshore
03-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Their must be a designated mold for the deck, and the hull as molded for !! no cut downs or mold damns ect,, Built and owned by a company that builds and sell to public other models,,,NO ONE OFFS boat company,,and meet all the class rules,,28-32' single canopy,, 525 merc,,bravo/IMCO drive,ect,,, SVL would send a tech.person to the co,s plant and approve.. WELCOME to the class ,lets go racing,,,

XtremeRacing
03-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Great work Martin look forward to see some great racing this yr fromj the SVL class. If all works out it will be awesome to see the battle at the end of the yr in Key West.

George keep up the good work....

extras
03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Frank who said anything about key west

Ratickle
03-21-2010, 06:43 PM

Bout time you chimed in Mark........:)

XtremeRacing
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Martin

THEJOKER
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Nice job....George!

imco offshore
03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
it,s a SVL CLASS THING i,v just been lucky enough to have their confidence ,,I am determined to make this class and the teams the premier class in OFFSHORE,, GEORGE JR
[ my first quote] ,,,,,:USA:
We will bring a great boat count, the best competition ,,Awesome media attention,,and the most professional appearance to every site we attend,,

extras
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Bout time you chimed in Mark........:)

first time for everything

DAREDEVIL
03-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Hey Mark,,,just don't do that again .....( AVATAR ) wish u best of luck and win them all.

If u need any help with anything ..let me know !!!!:cheers2:

heater63
03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
ya gonna make biloxi Mark?

extras
03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
try to keep her right side up this year and we are trying for Biloxi