PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run - Norfolk Va

BillR
03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Are you ready to party and have a great time in August?!
Get your liver's in shape now!

Lots of things going on this year. We have lots of entertainment planned to make this years event MUCH BETTER than last year.

Our website is up, but still under construction - see below.

1st thing you need to know, it is a TWO DAY EVENT vs last year which was Saturday only.

Here’s what we have planned so far this year:

• Fun Run Friday for lunch and socializing
• Light snacks and Happy Hour at at event sponsors
• Friday Night welcoming dock party then party at Poker Run headquarters - Waterside with entertainment!
• Refreshments and live entertainment at Waterside Fri & Sat
• Saturday morning Continental Breakfast at Poker Run Headquarters
• Poker Run Saturday
• Lunch at Saturday afternoon at Kokomos Marina Shores. Cool off with a dip in the swimming pool.
• Awards Banquet & Party, card playing, awards ceremony, live auction (Benefiting American Cancer Society),
dancing and live Entertainment at Poker Run Headquarters, Waterside Saturday Night
• Poker Hands & Prizes (TBD)
• “Powerboating for a Cure” Helicopter, Photographer Randy Nuzzo and Videographer will be taking action shots and video Friday and Saturday
• Saturday Night Slide Show with photos available on site
• Registration includes event pass for both days, all meals, 2 Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run T-shirts and Poker Hand.
• Ramps and overnight trailer parking, regular & 92 octane available close by.
• The best meals, the best entertainment, the best course and the best people.
• And of course a full stocked bar with only TOP SHELF BOOZE!!!! Look Ma! - no hang over.

• All this for only $375 registration fee.
Like most Poker Runs, if you need a slip, that is not included, but available - see registration form.
• Hotel info on-line at: www.powerboatpokerrun.org
• Field is limited!
• REGISTER ONLINE AT: www.powerboatpokerrun.org and save money and time!

• Poker Run Course: (specifications subject to change w/o notice :) )
o Waterside Marina to Pagan River http://www.watersidemarina.com/
o Pagan River to Blue Water Marina in Hampton http://www.bluewateryachtsales.com/main/marina.asp
o Blue Water Marina in Hampton to Lynnhaven Inlet - Marina Shores http://www.marinashores.com/
o Lunch at Kokomo's Marina Shores – Pool (Noon – 2 pm) http://www.kokoamos.com/
o Marina Shores to Harbour Marine in Little Creek harbor http://www.hmboats.com/
o Harbour Marine back to Waterside.

We have more up our sleeves, but they're not locked in yet. We are all committed to bring you the biggest and best event!!
We WILL out do ourselves from last year - and from the comments we got; everyone thought last years event was the best PR event they have ever attended. Just wait till this year!

Register soon, we expect to fill up VERY rapidly. seriously!!

You can also follow us on facebook too -
www.facebook.com/Powerboatingforacure

The registration form is attached as a Word document below the map.

Seafordguy
03-17-2010, 06:15 PM
WHOO HOO....

Kelli said the DVD from last year came to the house this week. I've been out of town but plan on checking it out this weekend.....

ROGMAN
03-18-2010, 08:01 AM
The DVD is very COOL!!!
Plan a party, get your friends over to watch the video.
We are adding a "Fun" run this year on Friday. Everybody take Friday, August 6 off to party!

The season should be starting up in a few weeks. You got the boat ready?

Jon

Seafordguy
03-18-2010, 09:36 PM
The DVD is very COOL!!!
We are adding a "Fun" run this year on Friday. Everybody take Friday, August 6 off to party!

Jon

I took it off a month ago - boss can't say no to my participating in a "charity event"

Seafordguy
03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
The DVD is very COOL!!!

Jon

I haven't even taken the full cover off yet, and probably won't for another weekend or two. Only think I HOPE to have to do is replace the toilet water pump with burned up at BayDays last year.

Good DVD - I liked how it had the boat name with the captain and their wife/SO. My memory is often times bad with people's names so it is was good to have met someone and be able to remember their name....

Your boat ready Jon?

EDIT - Another killer idea is putting peoples SOS/OSO screennames on the video.... Might be a pain in the ass but just a thought.

ROGMAN
04-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to make a date change to the ACS Poker Run. The new date is 13-14 August. Yes, we are aware this is the same date as the Destin Poker Run. We also apologize for any inconvenience this change causes. Many people have already sent in registrations, those that have and cannot attend the new date, the registration will be refunded if required. The ACS website is being updated with the new dates, along with the registration form. All of the planning and activities will remain the same. It is still a two day event, with a fun run on Friday, Captain’s meeting and party Friday. Poker Run and awards banquet on Saturday. Those that attended last year know the fun level at this Poker Run. We are looking forward to this year’s event.
Jon

Seafordguy
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
I'll be there - forwarding the application to a friend in Smithfield who just bought a CAT with some Merc 300XS's...

BillR
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Thought the event last year was good? This year is going to be even better. We went from a one day event, to a two day event.

Like girls in bikini's? I am sure lots of you will like the new bikini contest that will be held on Friday! There will be additional entertainment, additional parties and lots of fun to be had by all. The bar will be fully stocked with top shelf booze, beer and wine. Of course the awards dinner will have GREAT food like we had last year!

Get your entry in ASAP - even if you pay later - get you entry in now so you will:
a) get dock space at the marina
B) get your Tshirts
C) help us with head count for all meals

From what we are are hearing from inquiries, a lot of boats are expected from Fla, to NJ and from Tenn. I have even heard some VIP's may be in attendance too!

It's gonna be another "must do" event!

Some comments from last year
This one came from one of the sponsors that had a display on the docks:

I saw Herbert Barnes Saturday evening, he had the custom golf carts with Chix Cycles...he said they had a blast....and the visitors and spectators came out the entire time we were gone. He use to own a 40' Sonic (and did the poker run circuit for a while), and was also stoked about the show we put on....he said it looked to be the Best Poker Run he observed or participated in over the last 15 years.

2 comments from last year really stand out. Someone said they they have attended many of "the big" poker runs all over the country, and that our event was actually more fun and better organized than most of those "big events".
The other stand out comment was from someone who was not local. He was blown away with how good the event was! He was from out of town, and what impressed him was how an "out of towner" like him was welcomed and made to feel like everyone in attendance had been friends for years!

Www.powerboatpokerrun.org
We are also on Facebook. Search American Cancer Society Powerboating for a Cure

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

BillR
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Got a bunch of early entries so far! Everyone is remembering what a good time they had.
Going from memory here is a list of boats (that I know of)

Sunsation F4
Donzi 33ZX
Cigarette Top Gun
Fountain 42 Lightning
Sunsation 32
Scarab 30 sport
Fountain 42 Lightning
Fountain 38 lightning

Will post more boats signed up as soon as I get the list.

Formula 382 sr-1
06-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Got a bunch of early entries so far! Everyone is remembering what a good time they had.
Going from memory here is a list of boats (that I know of)

Sunsation F4
Donzi 33ZX
Cigarette Top Gun
Fountain 42 Lightning
Sunsation 32
Scarab 30 sport
Fountain 42 Lightning
Fountain 38 lightning

Will post more boats signed up as soon as I get the list.

What no Formula's ??????

BillR
06-09-2010, 07:44 PM
We have a 38 Formula

BillR
08-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Here are the boats I have so far that are registered:

38' Fountain
Searay 68
35' Cigarette
45' Sonic
37 Midnight Express
38' Donzi
MTI 39
32 Sunsation
27 Fountain
32' Fountain
Hatteras 88 ft
38' Formula
27' Formula
35 cc Scalas 70
42 Fountain HP
29 Fountain
38 Formula
Velocity 280
38' Cigarette
38' Cigarette
42' Fountain
31 Sonic
38 Cigarette
31 Cigarette
26 Baja
38 Cigarette
Searay 245
35 Fountain
38 Cigarette
42 Fountain
33 Donzi
30 Scarab
35 Fountain
31 Profile
37 Active Thunder

Have been told there are lots more in the mail. If you are going to sign up, now is the time to do it so we can get you all the info you need.

2 full days of fun and parties.

Here are a few highlights:
Fri
Fun run
Dock party with live band
Bikini Contest
Buffet at Hooters
Welcoming party

Sat
Breakfast
Poker run
Lunch at Kokamos
Pool at lunch stop
Awards banquet
Dinner by Outback Steak house
Dance the night away to the sounds of Hot Cakes

So to sum it up:
We feed you 4 meals
3 parties
2 live bands
1 DJ
Bar is stocked only with top shelf booze.
Hot women
Incredible boats
making new friends
seeing old friends
2 boating events
DVD video of the event
we will have various photographers including Randy Nuzzo shooting from the helicopter.

Too tired to clean your boat? We will have a team of 3 girls in Bikini's available to clean your boat while you party!

It is a great value for your money. PLUS the cause is important. Just about everyone has been touched by cancer in some form. Last year we raised $15,000 for the American Cancer Society.

We are a week out! Those on the fence need to sign up now! You will have a great time.
www.powerboatpokerrun.org

BillR
08-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Here is a FREEBIE for the longest tow.

The Mariott Hotel has offered a free room, Friday and Saturday for the person making the longest tow.

So come on and sign up - the weather is looking good - 87 partly cloudy and 10mph winds.

The Mariott has also just extened the discounted rates to 8/9.
Time is getting short!