PDA

View Full Version : Lasik Surgery

Wardey
10-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Leaving now to see if I qualify for lasik. I tried a few years ago and they turned me down due to a thinning of the cornea in my left eye. I hear now they are able to do this on my situation. Any comments? Veiws? or problems? Dave

Chris
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Sister and Brother-in-law are opthalmologists- basically it's all about the surgeon. The cheap places re-use the knives until the tissue starts to tear. The first guy gets an OK job, the last guy...

Ask about knife use- the best places use fresh ones every time- but you are buying the knife- they're expensive. They have an affiliation with the TLC people- about 10 years now. They say they wouldn't consider doing it with anyone else or any other way.

Wardey
10-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Turned me down again.....:( Said I have a bulging cornea in the left eye and the procedue would be to risky. Oh well....back to contacts and glasses. Dave

Chris
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah- they refuse to do me too. Mostly because I'm a whiner.

Tony
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
One of my employees had it done 8 years ago, his vision was perfect for about a year afterwards then over time weakened back to its original state.

BY U BOY
10-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Turned me down again.....:( Said I have a bulging cornea in the left eye and the procedue would be to risky. Oh well....back to contacts and glasses. Dave

They turned me down too.Told me that My eyes are not bad enough.

Wrinkleface
10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Leaving now to see if I qualify for lasik. I tried a few years ago and they turned me down due to a thinning of the cornea in my left eye. I hear now they are able to do this on my situation. Any comments? Veiws? or problems? Dave

Dude, don't know jack about eye's! I do teeth, but a real good friend of mines wife is an optometrist & has a great job at a large hospital near Detroit. She can have any surg she wants done & chooses not 2 have this type of surg! Just pass'n on from somebody "EYE" trust!!!!

DonziGirl
10-18-2008, 07:03 PM
I'd love to have it done but I'm too scared. If something would go wrong, there's nothing that can replace your eyesight.

Expensive Date
10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I would never do that

ChiefApache
10-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Rob had his done over 3 years ago. Wore coke bottles glasses and has excellent vision today. He wished he hadn't waited so long.

Get it done and don't be afraid. You'll be amazed!

Dude! Sweet!
10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I had it done a year ago. My vision is 20/15 now. I feel like Ted Williams!

Slick02
10-21-2008, 07:56 AM
I had it done in 2000 and loved it, I was in bifocals and was getting ready to have to go to trifocals,,I got 8 years out of it and went in to be reexamed in June for an enhancemnt and found out that I was developing cataracts so they won't do an enhancement.
Would I do it again,,,YES.The people I used would only do one eye at a time, in case they ever had a problem, I wouldn't lose total sight.

Chris
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
The good news is when they do the cataract surgery, they can do corrective lens implants (that is, if there's any good news about cataracts)

Master Wrench
10-21-2008, 09:10 AM
My wife had Laysic and she loves it. The only problem is now she can see how damm ugly I am!:sifone:

Tommy Gun
10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I did it in 2002...had to get glasses in the fourth grade, and then wore contacts for 35 years. The lasik is excellent!!!! 20/20 and 20/15. Reading glasses for very small print, no problems with wind or dust.

Slick02
10-22-2008, 01:33 PM
The good news is when they do the cataract surgery, they can do corrective lens implants (that is, if there's any good news about cataracts)

The cataract surgery scares me more than the lasik ever did...:leaving: so I've been hiding from it for a while.

Sea-Dated
10-22-2008, 03:50 PM
I know several people that have had it done and all say they wished they had done it sooner and not waited so long.