PDA

View Full Version : Ford 6.7 Powerstroke

fixxxer22
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, I just got back from my training on the new 6.7. There are some things i really like:

They have confirmed a minimum of 18% better fuel economy due to the fact that the truck will re-gen 1/17 of the time compared to the 6.4 the SCR reduces emissions so well and the truck burns and runs so clean the DPF does not trap as much particulate matter.

The egr cooler is a dual setup and takes minutes to remove from the engine. The coolers have seperate cooling systems one cooled by the primary and the other cooled by the secondary. making egr gasses much cooler (when needed). the cooler gas can also be bypassed to keep the exhaust gasses hotter to keep from making any kind of build-up of deposits.

The urea does not cost as much as expected and you can get it at truck stops and auto parts stores. it looks like a gallon may be about $5 for right now but that includes a bottle with nozzle for cold weather filling. and it can be as low as $2 a gallon if the dealer buys in bulk. The urea can als be called Ad blue and DEF.

The instrument cluster of this truck is better than any one i have ever seen. The built fod tough brick drops and breaks the concrete in the 4 inch LCD screen in the cluster.

The truck will also let you know if your low pressure fuel system pressure is low to prevent engine damage and letting you know when your filter is becomming restricted. the engine will de-rate if it sees the pressure go low to prevent injector damage.

The injectors are each flow tested and the ECM gets an indentification number programmed in for each injector for it's calibration and flow rate to make running smoother and better fuel economy. the high pressure pump also has different controls to help control the load that the pump makes on the engine to also help get better fuel economy.

The engineers seemed to have the technician in mind. they also had fuel economy as their #1 priority. My instructor says he has yet to see a new 6.7 drop below 17mpg empty. The truck for the chicago training center is missing though. it was not on the train. the truck we used came from the milwaukee training center. the other design changes of the body are small. it is a good lookin truck. but that instrument cluster is bad a$$. lets see what happens. I feel better about this one than the 6.4

Trim'd Up
03-14-2010, 08:19 PM
The engineers seemed to have the technician in mind.

Wow! That's definitely unusual!:driving:

skaterdave
03-14-2010, 08:24 PM
is ford actually making the new engine? I have a 05' 6.0 ( its my 3rd), the first two had major problems and i let ford have them back. inbetween the 2nd and my current one, i tried a chevy. couldn't handle the interior and overall truck seemed cheesy.

anyway, was wondering about ford getting their act together for the motor. how come they don't have a Cummin's in there yet. thought they bought Cummins awhile back to end there engine issues?

fixxxer22
03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I am not certain about how much interest Ford has in cummins. I was told that they own some of cummins but we only use them in the F-650 and up trucks.

I am never a tech to reccomend a truck right when they launch. The trucks are available for sale (according to my instructor and field service engineer) 3.15.2010. They seem better for service and the front clip is supposed to come off in under 20 minutes. the wheel wells and splash shields come out easier. The body is not intented to come You gotta see one. The launch of the 6.0 and 6.4 did not feel the same. the Ford team seems to be excited about this truck (like they were for the 99.5 7.3) It is really cool to see them acting this way. it seems that they have covered all of their bases. Also you can tell the engineers and field engineers are so proud to say it is built for and by ford motor company.

Blue Oval
03-14-2010, 09:13 PM
The 7.3L was a great engine as we know, the stories I have been told was the 6.0L(sadly called the sick-o)was brought out to meet gov't emmissions,brought out with out proper testing, the 6.4L was going to be the one! Ford & International fighting pushed Ford to bring out the 6.7L(claiming the engine as thier own), Just sold my first 2011 last week, hope to see it in 8 weeks. I hope it as good as they say, I would like to get back into selling some diesels again, that 6.0L killed my sales.

BUIZILLA
03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
how is V10 sales?

fixxxer22
03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
There is a Boss 6.2 V-10 comming out too.

Blue Oval
03-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I love my V-10, but for 2011 new 6.2L, no more 5.4L or 6.8L, 5.4L gone in Super Duty, V-10 only ave. in F-450 &F-550. Past few years sold my fleets mostly 5.4L, a hand full of 6.8L. New fleet of trucks coming for power co. with the new 6.2L.

cigdaze
03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Awesome. Good the hear, Fixxxer. Thanks for the info.

Check this out:
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/08/first-look-fords-new-6-7-liter-v-8-scorpion-power-stroke-diesel-engine.html

Looks like this new 6.7 will be a real kick-azz diesel.

Chris
03-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I believe the new 6.7 is all in-house engineered and produced by Ford. All the others were International.

Emissions certainly are driving the changes, but as they change, they become significantly more refined. Ride in a new Ford truck and then a 10-year-old one and the comfort difference is atonishing.

When can I have my new 6.7 Excursion? :(

cigdaze
03-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Right.

Codenamed “Scorpion,” the 6.7-liter PSD is Ford’s first-ever designed-in-house pickup truck diesel engine since the first oil burner (International’s 6.9-liter V-8) was offered under the hood of a Ford pickup in 1982...

...Its creation can be traced back to the 6.0-liter Power Stroke that Ford introduced for its 2003 Super Duty pickups. Ford and Navistar (International’s parent company) went to battle in court over warranty problems and cost issues related to that engine, which ultimately led to both companies ending their 30-year diesel manufacturing relationship in January. Ford kept the rights to the well-known Power Stroke name that has been associated with Ford diesels since 1994.

Lot of great info in that article; it goes quite in depth into the inner workings and the new technologies.

:cool:

fixxxer22
03-15-2010, 05:26 PM
If you keep your foot in that truck it is hard to keep the tires from spinning. there is almost no turbo lag and its pretty quiet. sounds like a 5.4 with a mild case of spark knock. My instructor said that the f-450 with a locker in the rear will do an impressive texas J and can turn on a dime if you drift the rear end out. which is no problem at all.

i think chevy is using the urea SCR system and it is rumored to be a higher cost but better working system for both the ford and chevy. I think dodge is doing something different. It will be weird to see a urea fill nozzle next to a diesel pump at a truck stop here in a couple years.

Chris
03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
What happens if you run out of urea?

MarylandMark
03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
pee in it..

fixxxer22
03-15-2010, 10:17 PM
here is the most recent chart from the diesel suppliment in the owners guide. this is what the truck will do to warn you about a low ammount of DEF and what the truck will do if you ignore it.

and Mark, pee pee may not work too well. It can tell its concentration by how well it is cutting NOx emmissions. :cheers2:

FULL FORCE
03-16-2010, 07:19 AM
I cannot wait to drive one, but it will be ten years before I buy it so I can pay cash!

Madpoodle
03-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Another good article.. (http://detnews.com/article/20100318/OPINION03/3180384/1148/auto01/2011-Ford-Super-Duty-provides-brute-strength-for-world-s-toughest-drivers)

BUIZILLA
03-21-2010, 09:05 AM
hmmmm... i'm having truck remorse already....

6.2 and 4.30's? :driving:

Chris
03-21-2010, 11:16 AM
If I don't get back on my diet, I'm going to be seeing 6'2 and 430

Madpoodle
03-21-2010, 12:09 PM
You ain't that tall... :) :)

Knot 4 Me
03-22-2010, 09:14 AM
What's the word on the new 6.2L gasser? I just ordered a F-150 FX-4 with the 5.4L. Should I have held out a couple more months?

Chris
03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
You ain't that tall... :) :)

If I pick up another 1/2" of fat on the top of my head and the bottom of my feet, I will be.

cigdaze
03-22-2010, 10:51 AM
What's the word on the new 6.2L gasser? I just ordered a F-150 FX-4 with the 5.4L. Should I have held out a couple more months?

Not sure about the 1/2-tons, but I hear the 6.2 is going to be a hot sht new engine.

They claim you can pull 22,500 pounds with it in a superduty.
385 horsepower and 405 pound-feet of torque.

:cool:

Chris
03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
I guess I'm just old-school. Using some tiny little engine with big power output just doesn't seem like a recipe for longetivity.

I have a CAT 3126 on my shop floor right now. The block alone weighs more than a whole 6.0 out of my Excursion. And the engine has it's first trouble- at 785K.

fixxxer22
03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
I guess I'm just old-school. Using some tiny little engine with big power output just doesn't seem like a recipe for longetivity.

I have a CAT 3126 on my shop floor right now. The block alone weighs more than a whole 6.0 out of my Excursion. And the engine has it's first trouble- at 785K.

i agree but, After my course on the 6.7 it really seems that Ford engineers had their thinking caps on. mabye it will be ok and have the usual life of an old 350 chevy. ya know those... "100k, sh!T she is just getting broke in."

the issues with toyota really warm my heart (i do not want anyone hurt). Now they see what it is like being up with the big dogs. and lets face it, no one on this site thinks a toyaota can stand up to any truck from the big 3. innovation is going to be a part of the newer trucks. And diesel will fade its way out. These high strung gassers may be all that we are left with.

You know all of us here have pushed a big block farther than it was intented too.

cigdaze
03-22-2010, 08:51 PM
i agree but, After my course on the 6.7 it really seems that Ford engineers had their thinking caps on. mabye it will be ok and have the usual life of an old 350 chevy. ya know those... "100k, sh!T she is just getting broke in."

the issues with toyota really warm my heart (i do not want anyone hurt). Now they see what it is like being up with the big dogs. and lets face it, no one on this site thinks a toyaota can stand up to any truck from the big 3. innovation is going to be a part of the newer trucks. And diesel will fade its way out. These high strung gassers may be all that we are left with.

You know all of us here have pushed a big block farther than it was intented too.

Ain't that the truth! :cool:

Toyota learned really quickly what it means to be on the radar....an aspiration they fought for, and are now grappling with.

Re: the new 6.7...I'm pretty excited. Ford's going for gold with this new offering. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

fixxxer22
03-22-2010, 09:38 PM
the weird thing is that there are cases of the throttle pedal on the toyota having a conflitcting reading not just being stuck. On a ford (since we have had them since the intoduction of the 7.3 DI) when our pedals have conflicting readings they go to idle not wide open throttle. Just a little food for thought. A little software engineering and safe calibration can make a difference.

Chris
03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
After I run out of excursions, I imagine my daily driver will be a triple-cab F650. I'm not driving a toy.

fixxxer22
03-23-2010, 10:41 AM
After I run out of excursions, I imagine my daily driver will be a triple-cab F650. I'm not driving a toy.

touche. I would love a 650. :cheers2:

Magic Medicine
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
excited about the 6.7 can't wait to get my hands on one!!!!

MILD THUNDER
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM

I agree with Chris on this one. Take a look at big rigs. My mack has a 12 liter inline 6 with 700k miles, and still holds 25-30lbs of oil psi at idle like it did when it was new. Uses 3qts of oil every 10k miles(holds 9 gallons), and gets 7-8mpg pulling my empty dump trailer, which still the tractor and empty trailer weigh 30k lbs together.

Now, take a new F450 dually with the 6.4. Engine half the size, less than a third of the wieght, MUCH more aerodynamic, and yet 10-11mpg? Strap a trailer to it, and what 8? Pretty sad that when im rollin down the road at 80k lbs in my rig at 65mph, Im gettin close to the same mpg as a guy in a new F450 pullin a ski boat next to me.

I hear guys all the time when referring to the newer diesel pickups, "oh man, 150k miles aint nothin for a diesel". Ya, well in my opinion, they are tired, and time bombs at that point!

FULL FORCE
03-25-2010, 08:16 AM
I hear guys all the time when referring to the newer diesel pickups, "oh man, 150k miles aint nothin for a diesel". Ya, well in my opinion, they are tired, and time bombs at that point!

I have 363,000 on mine... going strong!! runs 15"s in the 1/4 too!

38fountainSC
03-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Mild thunder we have two f-350 work trucks with over 300k (hard abusive) miles still in use everyday. My personal truck has 175000 and going strong. knock on wood.

cigdaze
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
here is the most recent chart from the diesel suppliment in the owners guide. this is what the truck will do to warn you about a low ammount of DEF and what the truck will do if you ignore it.

and Mark, pee pee may not work too well. It can tell its concentration by how well it is cutting NOx emmissions. :cheers2:

I missed it the first time, but I just finally caught this little tid-bit of info. You know, I'm not too happy about that.

If I'm reading it right, it says that when you run out or urea, you're limited to 50mph, and if you continue to run without urea for more than 200miles, your truck is disabled and idled.

That's bullsht.

I doubt it will last long though...wait for the first time someone has an emergency and they sue because their truck wouldn't let them drive it.

BUIZILLA
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
I missed it the first time, but I just finally caught this little tid-bit of info. You know, I'm not too happy about that.

If I'm reading it right, it says that when you run out or urea, you're limited to 50mph, and if you continue to run without urea for more than 200miles, your truck is disabled and idled.

That's bullsht.

I doubt it will last long though...wait for the first time someone has an emergency and they sue because their truck wouldn't let them drive it.where are you going to find urea between El Paso and San Antonio...

cigdaze
03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
"Exhaust Fluid"...there's got be a joke in here somewhere.
Reminds me of muffler bearings.

:D

Chris
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Does the system really know what fluid is going in there? Could you dump windshield washer fluid in there, or is it sensing exhaust emissions and controlling it that way?

cigdaze
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Does the system really know what fluid is going in there? Could you dump windshield washer fluid in there, or is it sensing exhaust emissions and controlling it that way?

Doubt it. It gives warnings with 800 miles left, 300 left, 99, and zero. I'd guess it's just some kind of float level indicator. I'm sure there would be ways of fooling it.

Trim'd Up
03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
I believe it has some kind of sensor in the DEF tank that measures the chemistry of the fluid. I am sure it won't be long till someone figures out how to bypass the system all together.

Chris
03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Looking at the chart, it either has a really big fluid tank or the engine doesn't use much of the fluid. And doing the math, you get quite a warning on running low. If you can't get it together enough to top it off after travelling thru 3 or 4 states, you have bigger problems ;)

cigdaze
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
It's the principle of the matter, damn it!!
Hippie, tree-hugger nonsense.
:) :)

Chris
03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
It's the principle of the matter, damn it!!
Hippie, tree-hugger nonsense.
:) :)

No doubt.

I saw a guy at a truck dealership a few years ago that was just there for an event. he had an old Peterbilt all customized- has a quad-turbo 12v92 in it. All that SOB needed to run was diesel fuel and enough 12v curent to open the fuel solenoid. What a monster.

At the same time, these new diesels are SOOOO refined compared to just a few years ago. Comparatively, the 6.0 in my trucks are rough and the 7.3 is a tractor engine.

Magic Medicine
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM

That's bullsht.

I doubt it will last long though...wait for the first time someone has an emergency and they sue because their truck wouldn't let them drive it.

"Exhaust Fluid"...there's got be a joke in here somewhere.
Reminds me of muffler bearings.

:D

Sue the EPA, you can thank them for urea!!!!!!

JupiterSunsation
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
At the same time, these new diesels are SOOOO refined compared to just a few years ago. Comparatively, the 6.0 in my trucks are rough and the 7.3 is a tractor engine.

I sat next to a new Ford diesel the other day at a light and thought it was a gas motor it was so quiet! But then again I went on a 600 mile trip last weekend and passed 5 Fords on the side of the road, they were really quiet! :D

To be fair one was an old 80's diesel with a big puddle below, one was newer crew cab with a broken drive shaft (truck was jacked up to the moon!)and the other 3 looked like out of gas/tire issues.

Bill
03-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey Fixxer, do you know when you might be seeing 2011 SD's on your lot?? I am in the market, buyt thinking the new gasser would be a better option then diesel...So now I guess I need to advertise my 06 Chevy Crew Cab LBZ!!!

fixxxer22
03-26-2010, 10:37 AM
there are sensing bars in the urea tank to tell its level. the nox sensor can tell if you do not have the correct concentration of urea in the fluid and will let you know in the instrument cluster that your fluid is contiminated. the truck cannot sense a fill right away. we have to use IDS to command the module to take a quick reading. the tank is small and they want the level reading to not fluctuate. so it has a slosh provision that makes it take awhile to sense that it is full. but when you fill we can make the tank take a reading and set it to full with a IDS.

and i agree, the forced idle is crap. just like when the 6.4 would re-gen at idle and not let you know. that was recalled real quick. even when i was in training for the 6.4 it went into re-gen and burned the rubber exhaust hoses in the lab. they have a spot in a college in des moines and the fire alarm went off and the fire department came. it was a real hoot.

Bill
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Fixxer, do you know when you might be seeing 2011 SD's on your lot?? I am in the market, buyt thinking the new gasser would be a better option then diesel...So now I guess I need to advertise my 06 Chevy Crew Cab LBZ!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

fixxxer22
04-17-2010, 09:13 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, we have one at the moment. i can keep you posted. they are really trick looking on the inside. i am happy they went back to the fixed grille design (where the hood is the only thing that opens and the grille stays on the truck). We should get more here soon in the near future.

fixxxer22
04-17-2010, 09:14 AM
sorry, as of today 4/17 we have a 6.7 and a 6.2 on the lot

Bill
04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Sorry, we have one at the moment. i can keep you posted. they are really trick looking on the inside. i am happy they went back to the fixed grille design (where the hood is the only thing that opens and the grille stays on the truck). We should get more here soon in the near future.

I saw the white on with the 6.7 you have on the lot the other day. IMO, I think Ford went backwards in their styling!! I think the truck us FUGLY!!!! Given that, I bought a 2010 F250 with the V-10 from you guys and will take delivery of it Friday! The truck is coming down from WI. Now I just have to sell my Chevy!!!! I saw your Baja at the dealership the other day too!! :driving:

fixxxer22
04-18-2010, 01:51 PM
haha. the baja sleeps at the dealer now while i am working on it. you should pop by. tell your sales person to grab me. (mitch) Who is your salesperson?

Bill
04-19-2010, 07:30 AM
haha. the baja sleeps at the dealer now while i am working on it. you should pop by. tell your sales person to grab me. (mitch) Who is your salesperson?

Dan Kole is the sales Person and I have to swing by Tuesday to get some info and inspectt he new truck. I will ask him to bring me back! Thanks for the help!!

Bill

fixxxer22
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah dan knows show i am. Hes kind of a schmooser.... But all sales people are. Bring it on back and look her over. see ya tuesday.

Bill
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah dan knows show i am. Hes kind of a schmooser.... But all sales people are. Bring it on back and look her over. see ya tuesday.

Cool thanks!!! May be Wed, guy buying my truck wants to pick it up on Tuesday, either way, I will see ya Tues or wed, Thanks!!!!!

And you are right about the sales people!!!! lmao

Bill
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM

Well, things were extremely chaotic getting the truck, truck finally got to your dealership Wed and I got it last night, sorry I missed you!

allicat38
05-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Caterpillar should build a small truck motor. Something like the old 3208 but smaller or a small six. Better performace would come from an 8 thou.

Magic Medicine
05-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Caterpillar should build a small truck motor. Something like the old 3208 but smaller or a small six. Better performace would come from an 8 thou.

As far as I know Cat quite building on road diesels because they were having problems meeting emissions.

imco offshore
05-09-2010, 01:27 PM
fixer ,,I drive a 03 excursion,with a 6,0 ,,are the engine wirning harness the same as now,,or my question should be ,,,what would be the newest ps i can install..

fixxxer22
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
fixer ,,I drive a 03 excursion,with a 6,0 ,,are the engine wirning harness the same as now,,or my question should be ,,,what would be the newest ps i can install..

there were large changes made in the late 04 engine and even bigger chages made in the 05 engine. if you have an 03 you would need to pcm and harness out of the newer truck. the block is the same and would bolt up the same. i have heard of people putting in the more refined 05 and up engine in the 03 models but you will need the entire harness. and pcm. the high pressure oil system is very different. and the calibration would be different...

did you have something happen to your engine?

imco offshore
05-09-2010, 09:38 PM
WELL i,v already went thru the inercooler stuff, where they took my cab off the frame , and rebuilt the engine ??? but now everyone is saying i need to change the head bolts and their is a guy here who blocks off the ( something under the intake )egr?? and he says it will stop all the heat fron exhaust going into the coolant ,,??I love the truck and i,m looking for a long term fix ...milage 132,000

fixxxer22
05-09-2010, 09:57 PM
you dont't need new head bolts or studs. the egr cooler block off would be nice to have. since the body has been removed you have most likely had the updated bolts and gaskets installed. that is one of the few repairs where a tech would remove the body. get rid of the egr cooler. i block off a cooler about once a week for someone who either wants it done or has a blown cooler.

imco offshore
05-09-2010, 10:58 PM
is blocking off the cooler ,,something i can do,,or not ,,,he says he has to pull the intake and block off something and rerouts a line with a braded line for 400 dollars ,, or is that a good deal ,,he is very trust worthy on fords ,,he works for the emergency ambulance company for the city and works on ps for a long time,,

SVL66
05-10-2010, 06:51 AM
WELL i,v already went thru the inercooler stuff, where they took my cab off the frame , and rebuilt the engine ??? but now everyone is saying i need to change the head bolts and their is a guy here who blocks off the ( something under the intake )egr?? and he says it will stop all the heat fron exhaust going into the coolant ,,??I love the truck and i,m looking for a long term fix ...milage 132,000

George
I Just had ARP head studs installed with new gaskets, along w/ new EGR cooler and oil cooler. The studs were installed so I can install a tuner without worrying about blowing head gaskets again, due to OEM head bolts stretching.
Also will be doing a full EGR delete soon. Problem here in NJ is passing emission inspection. Real gauges are a must to monitor real time temps. I just installed the EDGE insight to monitor all engine functions.

fixxxer22
05-10-2010, 11:44 AM
the head studs make no difference. it is the gaskets and the ammount of bolts that hinder the operation of the 6.0. but what is the worst that can happen? if you keep your coolant level at the correct level then the tank will vent at high load operation and all is fine. the studs are a fast and silly way to spend $800.00 the bolts have been updated and the rockewr box is aluminum. so torque to yeild shoulf be used. \

the real secret and what i do it wet-sand the head and deck. i have never had one come back blown again with my repairs being made. some with lifts and huge tuners and customers with lead feet. but never comming back. i have done at least 50 head jobs on a 6.0 and do not support the use of the studs. you just dont need them. they make a gasket that is not MLS and woul dbe the better answer to why the cooling system vents. but i have never installed anything but the ford gaskets and bolts. i run them down a little tighter. but no studs here even on my own truck

SVL66
05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Fixxxer
I appreciate your insight. Im not mechanic by any means, and I respect your input. I have just read on all the diesel forums that if you use a tuner on the 6.0s with OEM headbolts, the bolts stretch and then you blow head gaskets. Ive already done it, so better safe than sorry, I guess.

thanks again. I look forward to picking your brain in the furure.

fixxxer22
05-10-2010, 01:23 PM
i was not trying to poo poo on the studs.... the largest problem i expirence is that they do have a head gasket issue. i can agree with that. but 90% of the time it is just the EGR cooler acting like blown head gaskets. purging the tank when exhaust gas enters the blown cooler. I replace 10 egr coolers to 1 set of head gaskets. and the OEM bolts have been updated since the problem was identified. also the torque spec is very different. cranking them down even harder.

I have heard alot of input from customers that visit sites and talk to people that have very weird questions. i dont think the bulk of those guys are in the trenches every day fixing the 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 like I am. The enthusiast has much to learn about that power plant. same as i do when it comes to high performance boating. hell, i even have a kid in the shop that sits on the powerstroke forums and he gasve me this TSB that a dude on there reccomended for a flutter concern. The TSB was 3 years old and superceeded. i have no idea how he got it but it was not really correct to his concern. the kid annoys the s*** out of me so he would rather look online than ask me questions ( and believe me he has 1000 per day!)

the studs cant hurt at all. as long as they are holding the heads on thumbs up. i was just saying i dont reccomend them i think they cost too much. if they were $200 or so i would go with them.

fixxxer22
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
is blocking off the cooler ,,something i can do,,or not ,,,he says he has to pull the intake and block off something and rerouts a line with a braded line for 400 dollars ,, or is that a good deal ,,he is very trust worthy on fords ,,he works for the emergency ambulance company for the city and works on ps for a long time,,

ill send you a blocked off cooler for $100.00 that is the cheapest way to go. and it looks factory in case someone inspects to see if you installed a tricky tube kit or some other delete kit that removes the cooler entirely.

fixxxer22
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
oh yeah, the 03 and early 04 egr coolers are ( in comparison ) much stronger than the updated late 04 through 07 coolers. the 03 ones are round and weigh much more than the newer ones. i think they were built a little stronger. i have prob only repaced 5 to 10 of them failed. as opposed to the about 200 i have replaced on the 04 and later trucks.

imco offshore
05-10-2010, 06:00 PM
thanks fixer,,we don,t have any type of inspections in Fla ,,so i cando what ever i need to ,,,i,m looking for gas mileage and maybe a little power,,, so i don,t have to pull the intake to install this,,,and what is his bypass hose doing? i,ll pm you ,,

fixxxer22
05-10-2010, 06:06 PM
no, to install a egr block off of any kind you will need to remove the intake. sorry for the bad news. I do them on the side for $300 if you want to bring the truck to me LOL!

ZBODaytona
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
fixxer i got my studs for 500.. I blew the heads twice. So studs went in. ps.. the ford fix didn't stop the stretching, which was the same as you do. Now i just need to do the egr delete to be extra good. Then if i could find a great deal on some injectors i would even be happier :) And if i have to, I have found some O-ringed heads...they might be an option if something happens again.

BUIZILLA
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
fixxer Then if i could find a great deal on some injectors i would even be happier :) . you want stock or hi-po injectors? I may have both in stock, new or reman

fixxxer22
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM
you want stock or hi-po injectors? I may have both in stock, new or reman

i may be interested in the hi-po. are they navistar? how much? what are the differences between factory and those?

fixxxer22
05-11-2010, 12:27 PM
fixxer i got my studs for 500.. I blew the heads twice. So studs went in. ps.. the ford fix didn't stop the stretching, which was the same as you do. Now i just need to do the egr delete to be extra good. Then if i could find a great deal on some injectors i would even be happier :) And if i have to, I have found some O-ringed heads...they might be an option if something happens again.

man, either you need a different tech or you are running one hell of a chip! Dont melt it down watch your EGTs. Hope they hold on. But i have replaced gaskets again on trucks with studs. I will ask my FSE. but they make a head gasket for the 6.0 aftermarket that is not MLS it is like the one on the 7.3 and i hear they hold up well when putting lots of power to them. :cheers2:

i blew my gaskets pulling a s-10 on a skid steer trailer up a hill. no chip no nothing. pulled the body off and did them under warranty. since then no big deal. i have tried a few chips but i dont like any. so i run her stock. i always feel like i am going to crush the trans.

BUIZILLA
05-12-2010, 09:35 AM
i may be interested in the hi-po. are they navistar? how much? what are the differences between factory and those? the original we sell are Alliant and they are $199.90 each, new-exchange... the hi-po are from Ditech and, IMO, are priced out of the market, but they are $319.20 each, and are about 70hp more than stock installed as a set of 8, and they do sell very well considering the price... :driving:

JH

ZBODaytona
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
man, either you need a different tech or you are running one hell of a chip! Dont melt it down watch your EGTs. Hope they hold on. But i have replaced gaskets again on trucks with studs. I will ask my FSE. but they make a head gasket for the 6.0 aftermarket that is not MLS it is like the one on the 7.3 and i hear they hold up well when putting lots of power to them. :cheers2:

i blew my gaskets pulling a s-10 on a skid steer trailer up a hill. no chip no nothing. pulled the body off and did them under warranty. since then no big deal. i have tried a few chips but i dont like any. so i run her stock. i always feel like i am going to crush the trans.

It's a pretty big setup.(only run it when i am empty though). I have a nice mild tow tunes..but I have gauges and I watch them constantly. From what I have been told I am at the limit of my stock injectors and probably even the turbo. Last injectors I saw were around 3500 plus for them. Out of my price range now.
If I blow another gasket, I will probably look into the O-ringed heads. I thought 1600 for the set is a fair price, your thoughts?
The nice thing about my tuner is it does the tranny too, never once have I felt any slip. Of course, if it goes, which it can..i'll just build it bigger too.

fixxxer22
05-20-2010, 12:57 PM
yeah, i have ran some crappy ones. just jerks me around. called one of the manufacturers and they said i have a learning tranny and that it would take awhile. I never told them i was a ford tech. it does not learn