PDA

View Full Version : Good looking deal.....

Ratickle
03-13-2010, 11:40 PM
One of you guys may want to grab this project.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/1639516549.html

Bobcat
03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
if you click on the pics you can edit them!

insanity
03-14-2010, 12:04 AM
I believe that boat has been looked at and the consensus was it's soggy junk. I can't remember who it was that checked it out, hopefully they will chime in...

JPD MOTORSPORTS
03-14-2010, 12:06 AM
If anybody needs it looked at I will be in Denton the middle of this week. about Wednesday

Buoy
03-14-2010, 03:04 AM
I believe that boat has been looked at and the consensus was it's soggy junk. I can't remember who it was that checked it out, hopefully they will chime in...

Hate to say it, but I think I recall seeing the same.

insanity
03-14-2010, 03:46 AM
I thought it was Trim'd Up but couldn't remember for sure.

Found the old thread:
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11847

Bobcat
03-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Trim'd up (Chad) drove all the way to Texas from St Louis to look at a Pantera and it was a piece of crap, probably the same one.

slpcamaross97
03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
same boat is on ebay right now, starting bid is 10k, someone offered the guy 8k and seller jumped the guys ass for making such a offer.

This boat has been kicking around for a long time, its the same one that the onwer worked for airport or was something like that then got laid off or something.

I talked to the owner about it. all the cockpit seats and such are all out of a fountain and he was cutting them and trying to make them fit. if i remember correct almost every part was out of a parted out fountain.

imco offshore
03-14-2010, 04:55 PM
If you can buy that 28 Pantera for 5 k on a trailer,,that is a great deal,,i don,t care if you have to replace all the floors and stringers,,5k real good,,great project for someone who can,t lay out 50 k,,,

MarylandMark
03-14-2010, 07:20 PM
if you click on the pics you can edit them!

It just says that, if you try it wants you to log in to photobucket.

I thought I was on to a goldmine of fun...

Trim'd Up
03-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Yep. I drove from STL to Dallas to look at that soggy mess. It was supposedly "dry stored" but had water up to the floor from front to back that had been there a loooong time. There was algae growing under every under floor compartment and the floor was about to fall through even in the cuddy. The transom has been cut on a dozen times and half ass patched, and the trailer wouldn't have made it out of the subdivision. He wanted $4000 when I looked at it with tabs and drives etc. and I wouldn't have taken it home if he gave it to me and covered my gas. Somebody is going to end up getting burnt on that thing. :(

Buoy
03-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Yep. I drove from STL to Dallas to look at that soggy mess. It was supposedly "dry stored" but had water up to the floor from front to back that had been there a loooong time. There was algae growing under every under floor compartment and the floor was about to fall through even in the cuddy. The transom has been cut on a dozen times and half ass patched, and the trailer wouldn't have made it out of the subdivision. He wanted $4000 when I looked at it with tabs and drives etc. and I wouldn't have taken it home if he gave it to me and covered my gas. Somebody is going to end up getting burnt on that thing. :(

So, Chad, let me ask, aside from that, how did you like Dallas??:)

I don't want to put anyone's boat down, and I've been told a particular boat is "choice", and then upon seeing it in person, it left something to be desired.
Hell, I was really disappointed with the fit and finish of some of the really big hitters at the Miami show 2 years ago. $1.5M and I get sloppy caulk joints on the windshield, and raw upholstery edges with no hem??:rolleyes:

Trim'd Up
03-14-2010, 10:15 PM
So, Chad, let me ask, aside from that, how did you like Dallas??:)

I don't want to put anyone's boat down, and I've been told a particular boat is "choice", and then upon seeing it in person, it left something to be desired.
Hell, I was really disappointed with the fit and finish of some of the really big hitters at the Miami show 2 years ago. $1.5M and I get sloppy caulk joints on the windshield, and raw upholstery edges with no hem??:rolleyes:

I didn't stay in dallas on that trip. I did have a good time in OK City though! :cheers2: I normally wouldn't put down a guys boat either but I hate for someone else to waste their time and be mislead about the condition of the boat.

Buoy
03-14-2010, 10:18 PM
I didn't stay in dallas on that trip. I did have a good time in OK City though! :cheers2: I normally wouldn't put down a guys boat either but I hate for someone else to waste their time and be mislead about the condition of the boat.

No, I fully understand, and I'd want to hear about it from someone that made the trip, before I made the trip.
When you heading out west here?? wanna have a few beers in phoenix?:cheers2:

Trim'd Up
03-15-2010, 09:13 AM
No, I fully understand, and I'd want to hear about it from someone that made the trip, before I made the trip.
When you heading out west here?? wanna have a few beers in phoenix?:cheers2:
Be careful what you ask for, I'm afraid you wouldn't get me to leave! I love AZ!