PDA

View Full Version : Eastern express Broken Tie Bar by freeze farme

Freezeframevideo
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
btB-efsbdCI

Eastern express Broken Tie Bar Chicago offshore grand prix by www.freezeframevideo.net sku #27
Chicago,IL June 14.1991

link to buy dvd
http://www.freezeframe.us/videos.cfm?Action=details&ProdID=420&CatID=1&SubCatID=26

to check out more clips click here
http://www.youtube.com/user/freezeframevideo

Offshore Ginger
03-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Boy do i know that boat and talk about the overtime i put in on her just to get her ready for the next race and the beating she took from the tie bar . I gotta say that the right hand conner of the transom was was almost gone with nothing there but air and the middle of the deck between the pipes it was so bad that i had to cut out part of the deck in the middle using a splash from another deck to do the repair and get her ready for the next race .:sifone:

Steve 1
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Artie I hear you we lost one in New Orleans and it beat-up on the boat.

Geronimo36
03-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Wild!

h2oMag
03-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Boy do i know that boat and talk about the overtime i put in on her just to get her ready for the next race and the beating she took from the tie bar . I gotta say that the right hand conner of the transom was was almost gone with nothing there but air and the middle of the deck between the pipes it was so bad that i had to cut out part of the deck in the middle using a splash from another deck to do the repair and get her ready for the next race .:sifone:

Me to Artie, but that would not be the last time you would have to repair :ack2: her for us. Bruce did the commentary on this video, and came up with THERE RACING TILL ALL THE PARTS FALL OFF.:willy_nilly: For the rest of that year we had that on the transome.:sifone: How Joe & Rob keep her going strait I dont know, we finished that race in second place.:cheers2: I replaced that broken bar with one I made, it was a heavy duty tie bar and that one never broke.
It took one more crash & sinking racing with Agitator to get her into her winning ways. Artie You realy fixed her good that time too :iagree: and she became a winner.:driving: This last year I saw her for sale,,[the second pic] the new owner said it neve was raced.:rolleyes:

GENERAL LEE
03-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Man, it's so strange to see the tie-bar being whipped around like a toothpick back there.

Every time it hit the boat, had to have been similar to swinging a metal baseball bat as hard as you could at whatever part it connected with.

Imax
03-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Jeff,

All these videos you've been posting are awesome !!!!

Almost through this winter and happy about it, cant wait for the season to start.

See ya there, thanks for the posts :USA:

Bruce

Freezeframevideo
03-12-2010, 08:06 AM
thanks bruce the dvds are good i have stuff from 1986 to the present i hope winter is over for you guys in the east coast jeff

boatme
03-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Me to Artie, but that would not be the last time you would have to repair :ack2: her for us. Bruce did the commentary on this video, and came up with THERE RACING TILL ALL THE PARTS FALL OFF.:willy_nilly: For the rest of that year we had that on the transome.:sifone: How Joe & Rob keep her going strait I dont know, we finished that race in second place.:cheers2: I replaced that broken bar with one I made, it was a heavy duty tie bar and that one never broke.
It took one more crash & sinking racing with Agitator to get her into her winning ways. Artie You realy fixed her good that time too :iagree: and she became a winner.:driving: This last year I saw her for sale,,[the second pic] the new owner said it neve was raced.:rolleyes:

Mark Lets get that boat back home

repaint her back to original and lets go racing

Call the team ALL MARC(K) RACING :)

Our slogan will be "we leave our mark on every race site" :eek:

MOBILEMERCMAN
03-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Kevin Brown had a bar come loose in Atlantic City in '88 or '89. It ended very bad.

GENERAL LEE
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
This last year I saw her for sale......the new owner said it never was raced :rolleyes:

Nice http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Offshore Ginger
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Kevin Brown had a bar come loose in Atlantic City in '88 or '89. It ended very bad. Jim , ended very bad is an under statment .:(

Geronimo36
03-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Was it ever determined how the tiebar let go on this boat??? Did the clevis break?

I know me personally, in addition to the nylock nut, I use red loctite.

Offshore Ginger
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Mark , funny think when ever the boat came thru the door i knew i would be working on her and to tell you the truth i got to know the boat so well she was almost family :sifone: . Mark i often think about those years and the people who came thru the shop (Skater )and how it seems like they were a whole different caliber of people and talk about being friendly along with showing there appreciation for the work you did on there boats .

Offshore Ginger
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Artie I hear you we lost one in New Orleans and it beat-up on the boat. Steve , just by chance what boat that ?

smokeybandit
03-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Artie I hear you we lost one in New Orleans and it beat-up on the boat.

Must be something about New Orleans. We lost the center tab on the 24' there and it beat the boat up pretty good.

I love watching how competitive a racer will be when the boat is coming apart around them. That's what makes this video so great. I think as racers, we have all been in that position when we know we should back down, but that competitive nature just takes over.

Steve 1
03-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Steve , just by chance what boat that ?

Thriller and someone from Petes crew came over and told me he had a good stock of steering at Douglas if I needed it, Skater had a 32 in that race!

This one with the Solar Panels.

http://i41.tinypic.com/18m0bc.jpg

Steve 1
03-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Must be something about New Orleans. We lost the center tab on the 24' there and it beat the boat up pretty good.

I love watching how competitive a racer will be when the boat is coming apart around them. That's what makes this video so great. I think as racers, we have all been in that position when we know we should back down, but that competitive nature just takes over.

It was a bad day for a lot of guys some went to the hospital.That lake can get nasty, the good side was Big Als party way over the top.

h2oMag
03-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Mark Lets get that boat back home

repaint her back to original and lets go racing

Call the team ALL MARC(K) RACING :)

Our slogan will be "we leave our mark on every race site" :eek:

Marc, that would be great, but she is past her prime.:(

Freezeframevideo
03-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Mark i got some calls today Does The Boat have a tie bar on the Inside?