PDA

View Full Version : 28 Update Thread

hotjava66
03-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Its been a bit quiet around here so I figured I would start a thread. Havent got my boat home yet, but its definately been on my mind. Im pretty sure I have decided on having my gauges redone at livorsi. Black background with blue rims and white bezels I think. Just got word my new trailer will be done next week and put under her, cant wait to see it. Im looking for some ideas on something to put across my windscreen, it is kind of plain looking. I want to do something that fits the boat but is original. Maybe a modified version of the old logo strung out, or just Saber, or just leave it. Any ideas? Also think I will paint the flip ups black to match the screen.

Twin27Advantage
03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I see the boat is at Tom's shop! Any side shots of the boat? Just wondering which boat it is...
Where is it heading to in MI?

Ratickle
03-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Its been a bit quiet around here so I figured I would start a thread. Havent got my boat home yet, but its definately been on my mind. Im pretty sure I have decided on having my gauges redone at livorsi. Black background with blue rims and white bezels I think. Just got word my new trailer will be done next week and put under her, cant wait to see it. Im looking for some ideas on something to put across my windscreen, it is kind of plain looking. I want to do something that fits the boat but is original. Maybe a modified version of the old logo strung out, or just Saber, or just leave it. Any ideas? Also think I will paint the flip ups black to match the screen.

Copy WickedWon's.

Offshore Ginger
03-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Really , who is building the trailer and is it in Nunica .

hotjava66
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Boat coming home to Bay City when the weather improves. I dont remember what is on WW i will check it out. Trailer being built by Manning, my old trailer is for sale, if anyone is looking. Still looking for someone to do some minor gelcoat repair if you guys know someone good over on that side, be nice to get it done before I bring her home.

chrisk
03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
i believe glassdave here on the site is doing a logo for WW as we speak. i am think about doing the same on mine.

slpcamaross97
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Boat coming home to Bay City when the weather improves. I dont remember what is on WW i will check it out. Trailer being built by Manning, my old trailer is for sale, if anyone is looking. Still looking for someone to do some minor gelcoat repair if you guys know someone good over on that side, be nice to get it done before I bring her home.

Manning is a really nice trialer.

Bay city ah? where u plan on running the boat?

BGIII
03-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Did you go steel or aluminum? You should be real happy w/ the Manning trailer, he has built quite a few for 28 Sabers so it should fit like a glove.

LEOPAJM
03-10-2010, 11:35 AM
i believe glassdave here on the site is doing a logo for WW as we speak. i am think about doing the same on mine.

Yeah ...... Dave ...... can you do one of these for me too buddy !?!?!?! :cheers2:

chrisk
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
i have had a couple of manning trailers - always had good luck with them!

chrisk
03-10-2010, 12:10 PM
LEOPAJM, any word on t-shirts? (sorry for the hi-jack)

hotjava66
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Did you go steel or aluminum? You should be real happy w/ the Manning trailer, he has built quite a few for 28 Sabers so it should fit like a glove.

Hi BG, I went with steel, it was a tough call but should be fine as long as I stay here in freshwater country. I have spent too much time trying to keep my aluminum stuff shiny at work, dont want to do it on a toy.

hotjava66
03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Manning is a really nice trialer.

Bay city ah? where u plan on running the boat?

Home waters here at Saginaw Bay, and plan on traveling quite a bit. Torch, Higgins, Traverse City, Burt/Mullet are some of my favorites. May go to a few poker runs this year. Probably try to get down to Port Huron for Boat Night too. All depends on time and money.

BRD
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
LEOPAJM, any word on t-shirts? (sorry for the hi-jack)

Supposed to be getting first artwork samples soon ????

slpcamaross97
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Home waters here at Saginaw Bay, and plan on traveling quite a bit. Torch, Higgins, Traverse City, Burt/Mullet are some of my favorites. May go to a few poker runs this year. Probably try to get down to Port Huron for Boat Night too. All depends on time and money.

Torch is the best. i had a house on the lake and thats the one big reason i want a 28ft boat. like the perfect size. I have fam on metro beach bay. bet i could get you a spot to dock if your in the area.

hotjava66
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I would like to get down there for one of the poker runs or raft offs on St. Clair, if I do I will let you know. Im not sure when the dates are for the local stuff down there, I will do some checking.

I am thinking about getting a Saber logo cut for my truck, probably use the old style one in my avatar but I do like the new one too, choices choices.

chrisk
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Call Paul at 814-282-0409 - The set up and artwork is already done for the old logo...

chrisk
03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
well - do you have date when you are bringing her home? i think i am getting mine with in the next 2 weeks

hotjava66
03-18-2010, 11:54 AM
was almost 60 here yesterday so I was thinking about it, until I saw the weather for next week. Im thinking right around the first of April probably. They are putting her on the new trailer today, I should call and get a picture. I found a guy down there to look at the gel work, so if he is fair it may stay there an extra week. My goal is to have everything done and ready to go mid May. Let me know when you go get yours maybe I will be down there too, I would love to see your boat.

hotjava66
03-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Here are some pics of the boat on new trailer today, looks great, cant wait to see it in person.

BGIII
03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Looking good Eric.

chrisk
03-19-2010, 08:01 AM
NICE - i bet your just itching to pick it up now

BGIII
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Curious if you are thinking of painting the swim platform blue or red or sticking with white?

hotjava66
03-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Curious if you are thinking of painting the swim platform blue or red or sticking with white?

Im thinking blue for the supports, ladders and outside bar, then white for the center bars. Or I am open for ideas. Im thinking a dark color on the top would be really hot out in the sun, burn the kids feet, any input there? I believe yours is all blue right? Does it get hot?

chrisk
03-19-2010, 01:15 PM
I had an all white one on my 28 AT - very hard to keep clean

BGIII
03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
I was thinking either all blue all red would look sweet. Mine is all blue and heat has never been an issue on the platform. It would be cool to see a photoshop of what it would look like colored.

hotjava66
03-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe do like I described above and paint the red heartbeat graphic across the white in the middle of the platform

LittleDcsRodShop
03-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Looking good !! :sifone:

I'm about to head down to the shop & give mine a much needed bath..

Disturbed35cafe
03-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I had an all white one on my 28 AT - very hard to keep clean

Ditto. prob the hardest thing on a boat to keep clean. I had my powercoated blue for that reason

hotjava66
04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
It was too nice out today so I skipped out of work early and got the boat! Good trip home, new trailer pulls nice. So I get her home right at dark, then everyone stops by to check it out. They finally leave after dark, and while fumbling around in the dark trying to put the cover on I stepped on the brake line on the trailer where it comes out of the master cylinder and broke the m*therf*cker off, brand new trailer son of a b*tch. So it begins, lol. Now I have 2 projects for the morning. I will post pics tomorrow, didnt have time tonight with all the hubub, wore out from the 6 hour drive. Later all

BGIII
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I know that you already know this Eric but keep that fluid off the new paint!

hotjava66
04-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I know that you already know this Eric but keep that fluid off the new paint!

thanks for the reminder, almost forgot!

hotjava66
04-03-2010, 06:48 AM
waiting for daylight...... feel like a kid on christmas lol!

BRD
04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
congrats !

hotjava66
04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Here are a few pics in the driveway this morning. Got the swim platform off, thats going to be sandblasted and painted this week. Took the boat to the fiberglass guy to have a couple dings fixed, hopefully I will have it back by the end of the week and can start cleaning, servicing, and redoing the dash. Still thinking blue for the platform, have had a few people tell me I should change the rubrail to white. Im not sure if I want to, anyone out there that can photoshop it for me?

bigboat28
04-03-2010, 10:27 AM
congrats

POWERPLAY33
04-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Dark transom hides the soot! White platforms are a pain to clean but make the boat look longer:)

LittleDcsRodShop
04-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey Eric.. Glad to see you got her home !! Not saying the white wouldn't look good but the black looks fine... imho... Really happy for you & glad to see you so excited !!!

chrisk
04-05-2010, 08:50 AM
looks good Eric! Glad you got her home

BRD
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Dude ........ again congrats ! Boat looks great ! You will love it ! I ran this one a couple times in Ft Myers in the mid 90's . DON'T go with a white rub rail as you will loose the natural CLASSIC line of the hull ! Keep us posted !

hotjava66
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
just visited the boat at the glass shop today, found a few more things to fix. some thin spots on the bottom from drystack or lift rubbing. gonna take a bit more than I thought to fix the previous repair on the side as well. seems someone resprayed gel on the bottom at some time too, gonna leave that alone though. more $ to spend, grumble grumble.......... want it done right though, not doing it again. so hopefully end of next week I get her back, all done and wheeled out. than i can get the interior up to snuff, get the gauges out and redone, and by that time it will be time to get on the water.

hotjava66
04-17-2010, 08:59 AM
ok, so now its the end of next week and still no boat. the guy working on it told me he doesnt mess around, would get it done asap. well that was bs, was in there monday to drop off my swim platform for paint, he told me everything done by the end of the week. stopped by there yesterday and they havent done a thing since monday, good thing noone was around or they would have gotten an earfull. i have a lot to do before its time to get on the water and they are putting me behind, i have half a mind to go start working on it in his shop, maybe he will get the picture.

slpcamaross97
04-17-2010, 07:16 PM
that really sucks.... I would be their every day

hotjava66
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
so whats new Saber folks, been really dead here lately!

baronmarine
04-24-2010, 10:00 AM
so whats new Saber folks, been really dead here lately!

did i see your boat on the highway last saturday ??

todd

hotjava66
04-24-2010, 10:59 AM
did i see your boat on the highway last saturday ??

todd

nope, brought it home 3 weeks ago, been in the shop since. hopefully it will be done mid week and if the weather warms up I will serivce it and take a test run

JAIME
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
your boat looks good, what year is it and what power? Jaime

hotjava66
04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
94' twin carb 502's at 425 ea

chrisk
04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Can't wait to see it this June! Looking forward to running side by side!

hotjava66
04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Can't wait to see it this June! Looking forward to running side by side!

You gonna put some blocks behind your throttles or buy me a couple Whipples?:sifone:

chrisk
04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
the blocks sound a litte less expensive - lol

Disturbed35cafe
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
ok, so now its the end of next week and still no boat. the guy working on it told me he doesnt mess around, would get it done asap. well that was bs, was in there monday to drop off my swim platform for paint, he told me everything done by the end of the week. stopped by there yesterday and they havent done a thing since monday, good thing noone was around or they would have gotten an earfull. i have a lot to do before its time to get on the water and they are putting me behind, i have half a mind to go start working on it in his shop, maybe he will get the picture.

Is this a local guy you having problems with?

hotjava66
04-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Is this a local guy you having problems with?

yes, not so much a problem as an inconvenience. nice guy and the work looks good, just that its taking him way longer than he told me. i know they had some other work come in and put mine on hold, just wont admit it.

Disturbed35cafe
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
yes, not so much a problem as an inconvenience. nice guy and the work looks good, just that its taking him way longer than he told me. i know they had some other work come in and put mine on hold, just wont admit it.

We dont need to drop any names here, but I feel like I recommended to you the guy who did mine on Huron Rd.? Is this him?

LittleDcsRodShop
04-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Hey Eric, glad to hear she's coming along... slow progress is better than no progress... Good thing is its still probably in the 30's up there this time of year... So give the guy a break... haha... Just bustin your balls bro !!! Can't wait to see some shots of it sitting in the water !!!

Yeah its been waaaay to quiet around here lately so I will man up & take partial credit.:willy_nilly:

Buoy
04-28-2010, 01:14 AM

Sorry, but I've been through this before.
Had some issues with my old boat.
Guy tells me "two weeks". Just not real happy about this idea, but it needs done.
Ok, I can deal with two weeks (in season, none the less :rolleyes:).
After two weeks with next to nothing getting done, I started showing up EVERYDAY after work, and I would keep him working until ten every night, and working alongside him. Show up with a 12'er, and get to work.
I didn't really care that I was working on it myself also, and his work was good. Took 5 weeks to get it done, and I made the 4th fireworks by only a few hours with a new custom paint job.

hotjava66
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
We dont need to drop any names here, but I feel like I recommended to you the guy who did mine on Huron Rd.? Is this him?

no, not him, I needed some gel work so took it to the local reputable fiberglass place, had him fix some spots on the bottom and a bad spot on the graphics. since he was painting the graphics had him do the platform too since he would have the color matched and mixed up already.

hotjava66
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey Eric, glad to hear she's coming along... slow progress is better than no progress... Good thing is its still probably in the 30's up there this time of year... So give the guy a break... haha... Just bustin your balls bro !!! Can't wait to see some shots of it sitting in the water !!!

Yeah its been waaaay to quiet around here lately so I will man up & take partial credit.:willy_nilly:

been way quiet, where you been? how is yours coming along? you better be ready for cleveland, its going to be a Saber reunion from what i hear. dont make fun of us northerners, lol, my friends had their boats in 2 weeks ago! gonna be 80 on friday and no boat *#@*%$#@.

hotjava66
04-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Sorry, but I've been through this before.
Had some issues with my old boat.
Guy tells me "two weeks". Just not real happy about this idea, but it needs done.
Ok, I can deal with two weeks (in season, none the less :rolleyes:).
After two weeks with next to nothing getting done, I started showing up EVERYDAY after work, and I would keep him working until ten every night, and working alongside him. Show up with a 12'er, and get to work.
I didn't really care that I was working on it myself also, and his work was good. Took 5 weeks to get it done, and I made the 4th fireworks by only a few hours with a new custom paint job.

believe me, i told him i was coming down to work on it in his shop!

hotjava66
04-28-2010, 05:12 PM
oh, was there again yesterday, they were shooting the clear on it, so hoping to have it before the weekend

bigboat28
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
What is going on in Cleveland and when?

hotjava66
04-28-2010, 09:54 PM
LSYC weiner run, June 12

hotjava66
04-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Had a small world moment today, my glass guy called to tell me the boat will be done tomorrow. Then he starts telling me one of his suppliers was in today, was looking over my boat and asking what was being done etc. Guy says, just curious because I built this boat, used to be an owner of Saber Marine. Gave my glass guy a brief rundown about Saber, history of the boat, turns out its Jim Geelhoed(sp?). Anyway my glass guy says, your boat was in a magazine article, did you know? Yes, I did lol. Small world!

Bobcat
04-29-2010, 06:33 PM
That's the kind of stuff you love to hear about !

DAREDEVIL
04-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Had a small world moment today, my glass guy called to tell me the boat will be done tomorrow. Then he starts telling me one of his suppliers was in today, was looking over my boat and asking what was being done etc. Guy says, just curious because I built this boat, used to be an owner of Saber Marine. Gave my glass guy a brief rundown about Saber, history of the boat, turns out its Jim Geelhoed(sp?). Anyway my glass guy says, your boat was in a magazine article, did you know? Yes, I did lol. Small world!

COOL !!! so ..will it be done ????:sifone:

chrisk
04-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I met Jim a few years ago, he is a great guy! That is a cool story

hotjava66
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
well, boat is back home, looks good! put a coat of leverage on tonight to shine her up real nice. now just need to service the engines and drives, take care of a few minor things, get the dash spruced up, clean up the interior and get a couple small tears fixed, and im good to go. it was 83 here today, when i picked the boat up at 5 i was a heartbeat away from dropping her in for a ride, if i had had the service stuff done i would have, but since i havent even had her running yet figured maybe not a good idea lol.

DAREDEVIL
05-01-2010, 12:13 AM
well, boat is back home, looks good! put a coat of leverage on tonight to shine her up real nice. now just need to service the engines and drives, take care of a few minor things, get the dash spruced up, clean up the interior and get a couple small tears fixed, and im good to go. it was 83 here today, when i picked the boat up at 5 i was a heartbeat away from dropping her in for a ride, if i had had the service stuff done i would have, but since i havent even had her running yet figured maybe not a good idea lol.

COOL !!!!!!!!
Any pictures by chance ???

Disturbed35cafe
05-01-2010, 10:11 PM
no, not him, I needed some gel work so took it to the local reputable fiberglass place, had him fix some spots on the bottom and a bad spot on the graphics. since he was painting the graphics had him do the platform too since he would have the color matched and mixed up already.

Good. I'd feel bad if I recommended someone and they didn't live up to expectations. Is Steve doing your glass work?

hotjava66
05-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Good. I'd feel bad if I recommended someone and they didn't live up to expectations. Is Steve doing your glass work?

Yes, he did a good job, just took a while.

hotjava66
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
the rain finally quit for a while this afternoon so I got the dash tore apart and the gauges out, will send them to Livorsi in the morning. Also got the sunpad and headrests off, taking them for some repairs tomorrow. I hope everyone comes through quickly, cause im way behind now, want to be out on the water in the next week or two. I will post some more pics when I get a chance, kind of crappy weather now. Learned my cover isnt very waterproof, whole inside soaked after the rain, maybe I should have used the cockpit cover instead of the full one. I just waxed so was feeling anal, my boat is at home in the driveway cause my storage spot is being used for other purposes for a couple days. Damn trees are dropping sh*t all over everything.

Bobcat
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Maybe you can re-spray your cover with water repellent ?

chrisk
05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Eric, In no way am i rubbing it in...BUT

took this pic friday night! Your gonna love your boat and it will be worth the wait once you get it in the water. I have a few minor issues to work out, hope to have it back on the water in a week or two...

hotjava66
05-03-2010, 01:38 PM

took this pic friday night! Your gonna love your boat and it will be worth the wait once you get it in the water. I have a few minor issues to work out, hope to have it back on the water in a week or two...

Thanks Chris :boxing_smiley: Got everything taken in today, if things go like i was TOLD (lol) should be done in a week or 10 days, Livorsi is going to be the one to worry about, hopefully they arent backlogged.

BTW does anyone have the old SABER logo on digital file you can send me. The one I have for my avatar isnt a good one (low def) and I need it for my dash panel redo.

chrisk
05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
saber logo - send me your e-mail

jdub
05-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Man they sit nice with twin BBC's in the back. That's a mean looking stance!

Chris was that your first time out?.....whatcha think of it?

POWERPLAY33
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Are you thinking about coming down for the "oldschool reunion" ??? I've always liked that boat and have never seen a Saber, should run real good here:driving:

LittleDcsRodShop
05-04-2010, 12:14 AM

Man the boat sits really Nice !!!

If you don't mind I would like to have the logo as well.. I've been weeding vinyl most of the evening anyway..

hotjava66
05-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Are you thinking about coming down for the "oldschool reunion" ??? I've always liked that boat and have never seen a Saber, should run real good here:driving:

Seriously considering it, is that the one on June 17?

chrisk
05-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey Jon, The boat ran great! I am really happy with my purchase. I ran the boat a long ways at 3000 rpms and cruised at 52 mph. I hardly burned any fuel. Hows the kryptonite coming along?

chrisk
05-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Eric and Scott - i sent you both the logo's let me know of you did not recieve them

LittleDcsRodShop
05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Eric and Scott - i sent you both the logo's let me know of you did not recieve them

Got it... Thanks !! I took my plotter & computor home over the weekend cause I had some logo work I needed to do there.. I looked at it real quick in the email & it looked nice & clean..

POWERPLAY33
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Seriously considering it, is that the one on June 17?

It's June 19th. Should be a good time!

DAREDEVIL
05-05-2010, 12:27 AM
found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOXujAGHRRA&feature=player_embedded

Ironmanwb
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I have a chubby now....

hotjava66
05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Still playing the waiting game, I hope to have all my pieces/parts back by the end of the week and possibly have everything together for a test ride on Sunday. Probably a pipe dream since I have been strung along by just about everyone so far but I can hope lol.

hotjava66
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Ok, this whole thing is really starting to piss me off. Why is it that boat stuff seems to take forever? This started out as an enjoyable project, now I am seriously stressed out. Why do people tell you a time to do things and then take 3 times as long. In my business I would rather tell someone a week and have it done in 3 days. Boat has been at the stereo shop for a week, all kinds of bs about wrong stuff showing up, guy quitting etc. Went there today to get some pieces off I have been waiting on and barely anything started, why did I have to rush it down there last week!!!??? Same with the vinyl guy, took him a couple pieces almost 2 weeks ago, told me done in 2 weeks, checked in there today, not a *ucking thing done, tells me he will have it by Memorial Weekend. WTF, I am taking them back home if I need to run the boat, but have to install/take apart a second time now. Just got a voice mail from Livorsi, they have all my gauges tested now, been 9 days, waiting for a callback but I hope they mean they are DONE, told me a week-10 days to do everything. If they still have to rebuild them, how long does that take? Maybe I will get lucky and my dash panels will be done by the weekend, and probably no gauges to go in them. Not to mention the extra 2 weeks the gel/paint guy took that got me behind to start with. Just really chaps my ass that my boat has been sitting at this or that shop, basically doing nothing, and wasting time I could have used to clean/service/test everything. I wont even go into the extra $ I have spent that I didnt figure on either. I wanted to be done and have some solid test runs in by this weekend and probably not going to happen. OK, rant done, I am going to daydream about the fun it will be this summer :)

DAREDEVIL
05-12-2010, 05:50 PM
THATS WHY ,,,,I EITHER DO MY STUFF OR FIND A SHOP THAT DOES IT ALL !!!!!

I would of called Gaffrig on the gauges anyways :smash:

But i guess ,,that is kind of normal in the boating industrie.....most of them are s..eisters,
they tell u what ever u want to hear to get the job in and then ...boom !!!

hotjava66
05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
at least some good news, Livorsi called back and they SAY they will be done on Friday. They quoted me a pretty cheap price on the rebuilds before I sent them in, turned out to quite a bit more than they told me but still saved 500 bucks from buying new. If I had known I prob. would have shopped around for a good deal on a new set. if they show up this weekend I will be somewhat happier, at least can run the thing. I do try to do as much as I can myself but some things are just not within my skill set lol. Plus if I figure my time and aggrivation on trying something I havent done before, and the possible outcome, its worth having a pro do it.

slpcamaross97
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
What are you doing to this thing now? i would of thought it was a turn key!!!

hotjava66
05-13-2010, 09:09 AM
What are you doing to this thing now? i would of thought it was a turn key!!!

it was/is, I just cant leave stuff alone, gotta be the way I want it. a guy I know was just razzing me about it the other day, was saying 95% of people would think its great the way it is and never touch it, you want things top notch and most people would never notice the difference.

chrisk
05-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Eric, sorry to hear things are dragging on for you. Sounds like the end is in sight and will be worth the wait.

stormrider
05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Just outta curiosity, why didn't you bring the boat back to the geoholds?
Couldn't they have done it for you, and it would have been more local?

But i understand, my boat was running and fine when i bought it, but couldn't leave well enough alone.

It will be worth it in the end.

hotjava66
05-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Just outta curiosity, why didn't you bring the boat back to the geoholds?
Couldn't they have done it for you, and it would have been more local?

But i understand, my boat was running and fine when i bought it, but couldn't leave well enough alone.

It will be worth it in the end.

Was planning on it, when I bought the boat it was in their area, but got antsy, wanted the boat closer to home so I could do the stuff Im doing myself. (3+ hours away from me where Saber is at) Most of the stuff ive done is minor/cosmetic if I had major work to do I would have them do it for sure. Honestly besides timeline, everything has turned out great, I am just not good at waiting for things, something most of you can understand im sure lol.

hotjava66
05-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Spent most of the day working on the boat. Got the cover re-waterproofed, got all the cushions covers in the cuddy washed. Changed the engine and drive oils, changed all the belts, fixed a few minor items. Got both engines running(yay finally got to hear it run!), once I got them running initally, they start at the touch of the key and run good. Just a few minor mishaps, spilled some oil in the engine compartment(damn!), and forgot to pinch off one of the oil pressure feeds(gauges still out) and dribbled some oil up front. Tomorrow, steam clean all the carpet, clean the vinyl, clean up the engines and bilge, polish up some of the stainless stuff, and thats it until my gauges, dash, and switch panel is done. Hopefully test ride end of the week and weather permitting ENJOYING all weekend.

DAREDEVIL
05-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Spent most of the day working on the boat. Got the cover re-waterproofed, got all the cushions covers in the cuddy washed. Changed the engine and drive oils, changed all the belts, fixed a few minor items. Got both engines running(yay finally got to hear it run!), once I got them running initally, they start at the touch of the key and run good. Just a few minor mishaps, spilled some oil in the engine compartment(damn!), and forgot to pinch off one of the oil pressure feeds(gauges still out) and dribbled some oil up front. Tomorrow, steam clean all the carpet, clean the vinyl, clean up the engines and bilge, polish up some of the stainless stuff, and thats it until my gauges, dash, and switch panel is done. Hopefully test ride end of the week and weather permitting ENJOYING all weekend.

:cheers2: sounds like u get-r-done !!!!!:USA:

But remember...WE ALL NEED PIX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POWERPLAY33
05-16-2010, 01:23 AM

Sounds good! now post some pics:)

hotjava66
05-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Another long day, got the cabin all done, had a bitch of a time getting the foam back in cause the fabric shrunk a little, hope they stretch back out. Cleaned all the carpet, headliner, etc with rug doctor. Cleaned and treated all the vinyl. Cleaned up the engines and bilge best I could. Polished most of the stainless stuff. Really starting to shape up, just some detail stuff to do now. And yes I took some pics, lol, here they are,light wasnt so hot. Put on the old sunpad cause new one isnt done yet, no headrests or dash but you can see most of it.

hotjava66
05-16-2010, 08:24 PM
more

hotjava66
05-16-2010, 08:29 PM
some more

POWERPLAY33
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Looking good!

slpcamaross97
05-16-2010, 10:19 PM
she is looking really good. cant wait for the ride. ill bring some cash with me... All my boat deals are a bust.... looks like i may be waithing another year its looking like. so i hope i can bum some rides. i got a place you can dock if you ever end up on lake st clair. on metro beach bay. shot if its with in the next month it could be on a hoist. lol

POWERPLAY33
05-16-2010, 10:29 PM
she is looking really good. cant wait for the ride. ill bring some cash with me... All my boat deals are a bust.... looks like i may be waithing another year its looking like. so i hope i can bum some rides. i got a place you can dock if you ever end up on lake st clair. on metro beach bay. shot if its with in the next month it could be on a hoist. lol

If that lift could be rented please let me know.

chrisk
05-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Eric,
Its looking great!! Wait unitl you take it out and you will realize its been worth the wait!!

DAREDEVIL
05-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Looking good!

:iagree::cheers2::USA:

BGIII
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Looking good Eric, I like the blue platform. Did you replace the impellers?

AIR TIME
05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok, this whole thing is really starting to piss me off. Why is it that boat stuff seems to take forever? This started out as an enjoyable project, now I am seriously stressed out. Why do people tell you a time to do things and then take 3 times as long. In my business I would rather tell someone a week and have it done in 3 days. Boat has been at the stereo shop for a week, all kinds of bs about wrong stuff showing up, guy quitting etc. Went there today to get some pieces off I have been waiting on and barely anything started, why did I have to rush it down there last week!!!??? Same with the vinyl guy, took him a couple pieces almost 2 weeks ago, told me done in 2 weeks, checked in there today, not a *ucking thing done, tells me he will have it by Memorial Weekend. WTF, I am taking them back home if I need to run the boat, but have to install/take apart a second time now. Just got a voice mail from Livorsi, they have all my gauges tested now, been 9 days, waiting for a callback but I hope they mean they are DONE, told me a week-10 days to do everything. If they still have to rebuild them, how long does that take? Maybe I will get lucky and my dash panels will be done by the weekend, and probably no gauges to go in them. Not to mention the extra 2 weeks the gel/paint guy took that got me behind to start with. Just really chaps my ass that my boat has been sitting at this or that shop, basically doing nothing, and wasting time I could have used to clean/service/test everything. I wont even go into the extra $ I have spent that I didnt figure on either. I wanted to be done and have some solid test runs in by this weekend and probably not going to happen. OK, rant done, I am going to daydream about the fun it will be this summer :)

man I FEEL FOR YOU:(, BUTits good your not in my shoes I bought my SABER what oct and my motor was all ready late:toetap05: now it may 19th was to hit dyno tomorrow its going to paint:ack2: sew maybe next week dyno I hope. but I DID have the transom filled exhaust holes, cut raised and done so I got to keep it now KONRAD ACE is mounted but can't do steering until motor is in and then its 2weeks for tails to be made so if Iam lucky I could be in by july 4th:eek: Imight cut out a hole wear your feet hit the below the wheel and box it in with a angled ramp so you can lock your self in the seats while sitting.

AIR TIME
05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
those last few pics are nice and that video was screaming of the blue boat. I might move my tach and gps speedo on to the fairing and put a garmin gps 541 5'' screen wear they were plus I guess boost and pressure gauges I could install now so when the motor is done we will see how much power a konrad can handle:driving:. any speeds on the blue boat chris, Eric what hp do you have and please post your top end when you get there. me once I take mine out a few times get it prop I might lower the boost to save the motor this thing is getting bigger everytime I talk to DEAN if june comes and no dyno then I got a friend lined up to go get it which I might do cause shipping it from NJ TO OHIO WAS 550 BUCKS AT 750IBS that was aug of 08 so from ohio to masshole would be more and I figured take two days out one back 350 in tolls gas and 200 in room and beer for one night with Dean and try to figure out what takes so long. it just hit me aug will be two years and I did say take your time but ment last aug not this one haaha. well I helped Gerry put the windshield on the turbine skater the last week been sick this week so he s just about done, so no more bugs in the teeth at 140 plus:driving: good seeing you guys over here I will take pics over at oso to post with the box which is hugh and putting the motor in when I get it. my 5'' exhaust might be above the swimplateform but won't no until motor is hear since my X is 18 '' now

hotjava66
05-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Looking good Eric, I like the blue platform. Did you replace the impellers?

changed the impellors today, got my new wheel on, changed a battery(found out the perko switches are wired wrong :cuss: now have to fix that) gonna add a battery under the seat and tie it in(just in case, can charge/jump if hatch is down, extra play time for stereo). dash panels and switch panels picked up today, gauges showed up today too. gonna get up early tomorrow and try to have it done by noon, have family stuff in PM so gotta get it done cause sunday supposed to be 83 and sunny and I want to go for a RIDE.

hotjava66
05-21-2010, 08:28 PM

thinking about coming down for either the Motor City June 19 or following weekend for St. Clair Run

hotjava66
05-21-2010, 08:31 PM
cant find any black screws to put the dash back together and I dont want to paint them(no time right now) thinking about using stainless for the time being

hotjava66
05-22-2010, 10:34 PM
got things pretty much buttoned up for now, will post some pics on the water tomorrow

DAREDEVIL
05-22-2010, 10:59 PM
cant find any black screws to put the dash back together and I dont want to paint them(no time right now) thinking about using stainless for the time being

go to MCMASTER dot com..u can buy them their...i think !? lol:rolleyes:

BGIII
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Hope all goes well today Eric! I'm anxious to see your pictures, I cannot believe how much you have accomplished in such a short period of time.

hotjava66
05-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, was out all day today, 10am-730pm, I have perma-grin! Was a blast, forgot how much I like boating. Boat was fine, no major issues, really like it. Did some cruising and some wide open blasts. Top speed 76 per my GPS recall but I mostly saw 74-75 @5100rpm. May need to do some prop adjustment, Chief says 5400 for redline but I have been chatting with Brett at BBlades, will give him this baseline and see what he thinks. Boat rides great, couple things I noticed right away it likes to be trimmed almost all the way in at cruise or it wants to porpise a lot, once you get to 60 though you can trim out and no issues from there on up. Kind of bugs me cause to get a good ride scrubs 4mph off my cruise. Maybe some way to fix this, props? Cruise @3300rpm 45-49 depending on trim. Couple minor issues if anyone has input, one tach wants to bounce around, the engine does not, all in the tach, bounces 1-200rpms each way pretty much constantly. Any input? My new sync doesnt work either, prob wired wrong or related to the tach thing. Also noticed and not sure if normal but never made any water temp all day, oil temp was up and down depending on how hard I was running, as high as 250-260 if I held it to the wall for a while, 140 at idle, 180-200 cruise, this normal? Thats it for today, overall very happy, cant wait for the next ride. Here are some pictures, what do you guys think so far.

hotjava66
05-23-2010, 09:06 PM
more

DAREDEVIL
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, was out all day today, 10am-730pm, I have perma-grin! Was a blast, forgot how much I like boating. Boat was fine, no major issues, really like it. Did some cruising and some wide open blasts. Top speed 76 per my GPS recall but I mostly saw 74-75 @5100rpm. May need to do some prop adjustment, Chief says 5400 for redline but I have been chatting with Brett at BBlades, will give him this baseline and see what he thinks. Boat rides great, couple things I noticed right away it likes to be trimmed almost all the way in at cruise or it wants to porpise a lot, once you get to 60 though you can trim out and no issues from there on up. Kind of bugs me cause to get a good ride scrubs 4mph off my cruise. Maybe some way to fix this, props? Cruise @3300rpm 45-49 depending on trim. Couple minor issues if anyone has input, one tach wants to bounce around, the engine does not, all in the tach, bounces 1-200rpms each way pretty much constantly. Any input? My new sync doesnt work either, prob wired wrong or related to the tach thing. Also noticed and not sure if normal but never made any water temp all day, oil temp was up and down depending on how hard I was running, as high as 250-260 if I held it to the wall for a while, 140 at idle, 180-200 cruise, this normal? Thats it for today, overall very happy, cant wait for the next ride. Here are some pictures, what do you guys think so far.

Looks real good , on your tach issue ..i think your SYNC is wired wrong,,that would do it ?!:cheers2:

hotjava66
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
some more

POWERPLAY33
05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Looks even better in the water! I had my first ride today:cheers2:

hotjava66
05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
PS all speeds were with 2or3 people and almost full fuel on calm water

chrisk
05-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Eric, looks AMAZING - Congrats - glad your happy with it!!
What props are you turning?

hotjava66
05-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Eric, looks AMAZING - Congrats - glad your happy with it!!
What props are you turning?

25P Mirage

Premier Perf
05-24-2010, 01:25 PM
congrats its one sharping looking rig....cant wait to splash mine :willy_nilly:

hotjava66
07-21-2010, 07:57 PM
some pics from this week, one from TC Bay Blast, one from Higgins Lake

chrisk
07-22-2010, 04:24 PM
boat is looking good!

mh1031
07-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Thought i saw that thing up at Higgins. Sharp ride.