PDA

View Full Version : A great and fast moving DVD

NNRT
03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
If you want to see many of the faces and interviews of famous people in Offshore, during the 1980's - and see their boats too - its well worth while contacting Darren Luhrs - to purchase " COLORFUL CHARACTERS OF THE 1980's" From the Likes of Don Arronow, to Al Copeland and so many in between - many of which are not around or "available" to be interviewed now.
The Video is fast paced - the hour seems to fly by quickly -

I am sure there will be a 2nd version of this too - to capture some of the great comments from Jerry and Arlene Jacoby, and Vince Fasani and his wife too -

Be Sure to contact Darren - and get your copy today - you will not be disappointed - as for me - it brought back many memories - (in fact its me - PHIL - who interviewed Betty Cook -

Its well done -

Phil

Bertram38
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Phil, I see you are still in the game.
The Bertram is resting nicely, soon to be out and about.
Kurt

NNRT
03-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Kurt - glad you are enjoying the boat - last of the snow is finally melting here -

Phil

Black Tornado
03-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Phil, how can I contact Darren Luhrs for that?
Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember that it is T2x?

T2x
03-09-2010, 09:55 AM
http://www.big-seas.com/

Black Tornado
03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks!:cool:

NNRT
03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Its fast paced - funny - very informative, and easy viewing -

I know it was a lot of work too - to sort thru 240 events to pick out some of the best interviews - put their boats there as well - Now - the next one (which I hear is in the works) is one with Arlene Jacoby and Vince Fasano's wife - another classic - and much more -

Editing is not a easy thing to do - to remember where things are- and where in the video, then to compile it - it takes time and patience - I used to do it - Darren does it extremely well - am proud of you Darren - Keep up the good work !

Phil

elvisali
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I recently bought this dvd, as well as several others from Big Seas......well worth the money, very entertaining (I like the History of Apache) and professionally done. Fun watching some races I remember seeing as a kid, would recommend them to anyone

T2x
03-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Darren, Dave, and I want to thank all of you for your continued support. We work hard to bring you these DVD's. Darren's choices of the footage plus the exclusive interviews of all of the personalities from back in the day truly set Phil's original NNRT videos apart and we are proud to have that extensive library. The announcer wasn't bad either ;).

Our continued commitment is to provide quality and not quantity as this is a life long passion for all three of us. In addition Darren grew up around Phil Lewis and learned from the master of Offshore video himself. We hope you enjoy them. Based on the increasing numbers of orders this year, and your kind comments, it seems that you do and we sincerely appreciate it.

Good racing to y'all.

T2x