PDA

View Full Version : Wide Load Permits for Cats

Woody
03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
What are you guys doing that tow your cats flat? I have a Blanket Wide Load Permit for Virginia, but how are other states? Mainly East Coast towing but might venture west someday.

Thanks

Bgchuby01
03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
get with a permit company and have them file the permits for you. Just figure out the route you want to go and give them that. For each state you will pay a permit fee plus a service charge from the permit company. call me if you need anything else 909-816-1101

t500hps
03-03-2010, 10:08 PM
For your James river trips you can just leave it at our place for a few weeks....I'll even pay for all the gas I use!!!! :)

Woody
03-04-2010, 01:13 AM
For your James river trips you can just leave it at our place for a few weeks....I'll even pay for all the gas I use!!!! :)

I only let boat owners borrow my boats.:seeya:

t500hps
03-04-2010, 11:10 AM

What about a jetski???..............when I bought the kids canoe a couple years ago the sales guy called it a boat, does that count?

:driving:

hell, I don't wanna borrow it, I just want a RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woody
03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
What about a jetski???..............when I bought the kids canoe a couple years ago the sales guy called it a boat, does that count?

NO....Performance Boat Owners!!:sifone:

waterboy222
03-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Ive used SPEEDY Permit Service (i think was the name) on my wide load tanks that I haul for work sometimes. I just let them know where Im coming from and where Im going to and they take care of the rest. They fax everything over to me if its a 24 hr deal and if not, I get a nice little folder with everything I need in the mail.

Seafordguy
03-04-2010, 08:00 PM

Now that's funny.

Russ - I think it's time to change that avatar. I took the liberty of finding you a new one.:sifone:

t500hps
03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Now that's funny.

Russ - I think it's time to change that avatar. I took the liberty of finding you a new one.:sifone:

I'm actually looking at them!!!!! :)

but paybacks are a bi(th.......I'm going to have to hangout on your boat on the docks now!!! :eek::bump:

cpmarine
03-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Thee Carolina's have blankets, as do Georgia and Flordia. North Carolina you don't need a permit under 10'. MD, DE you can put money in escrow with them and just order permits online as you need them. Jersey you buy a book of 10 permits for 100.00. NY and above go with the permit service, they get around 35.00 per permit over the state fee. I use JJ Keller for NY and New England because they are quick and very reliable. I haul mainly oversize boats so I do take advantage of the annual permits when available. Each state has a website but most are hard to deal with online.

Woody
03-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Good info. Thanks all!