PDA

View Full Version : Whats the trade-in value?

waterboy222
03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I have an 06 F250 supercab (i think, its not the full four doors) 4x4, lariat, all the options you can get in it.. diesel.. Engine was replaced under the warranty for the headbolts stretching around 79000 miles. So the new engine only has around 60k on it. I think the mileage is just shy of 140,000.

What kind of trade-in should I be considering as "fair".. I looked at trading it in last year and the numbnut that was working the deal on a Range Rover for me said the best he could do was $7700. Id set it on fire and have a party at my house before Id sell it for $7700.. :cheers2:

It has 5" turbo back exhaust, VTTC turbo, injectors, headstuds, bigger fuel pump (i think, id have to verify), pillar gauges, taller/wider tires, 2.5" front lift, hide-a-hitch gooseneck hitch in the bed, spray in bed liner with viper yellow stripes, Alpine Ipod head unit, leather, wood dash/door trim, billet grill. Everything works fine. Has some scratches here and there and it needs a large dent in the door repaired (quoted $800 to fix it). The truck is F-A-S-T and it looks good.. It has a STC livewire Programmer that goes with it and had it all installed at Premier. Ive towed my boat, BLee's Skater, my goose neck hauler and others and have never had to back it off of the Looney Tune race program thats on it, just from watching the EGT's, it was running well within range.

WHat should I be expecting as "fair" when they start making offers?

cigdaze
03-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Never mind the new engine, your truck with 140,000 should be something in the range of:
Rough Trade-in $16,550
Average Trade-in $18,150
Clean Trade-in $19,475
Clean Retail: $23,150

According to NADA
www.nadaguides.com

MarylandMark
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
All that stuff is cool but it would be worth more stock than modified, especially on trade vs selling outright.

Sea-Dated
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
And all of the bolt ons will make it harder for a dealer to sell so they will offer less. Most people will be looking for a stock truck so their market gets shrunk considerably. If I were looking at your truck at a dealership and didn't know who the owner was, I would assume it has been rode hard and put up wet with all of the performance mods.

Just my 2 cents but I would never buy a modified vehicle vehicle from a dealership. Individual, maybe after having time to meet the person and get a feel for how he treated his truck but never from a dealership.

waterboy222
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I think thats kind of the concern from the Range Rover guy, he was just going to send it to auction anyways. Ive thought about swapping back to all the stock stuff but it just doesnt make sense (price-wise).. The turbo, injectors, fuel pump, etc would never even be noticed unless I claimed it on the trade. But Im not sure what the legality of that is. I could detune it using the programmer back to a stock tune but again, I dont want to screw anyone over who is expecting they got a stock truck..

So you think my best bet would be to get her detailed and try to sell it myself? I absolutely hate EBAY and I live in the middle of nowhere, so its hard to get people out here to test drive it. Maybe one of the local hillbillys would take an interest in it..

The values are a little higher than what I had thought, so I figure if I have to take a few thousand less than NADA, Id still be ok..

fantastixvoyage
03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
waterboy I may be interested, what size box does it have? Did you mention the color?

I've got an '02 with the 7.3 which I like but its the 4 full doors and 8' bed which makes city driving (90% of my driving) a pain. Thinking of at least going to a 6' bed or maybe even to 6' and the extended cab like you've got.

Did it to the skater pretty well? Obviously a dually would be ideal but curious how the srw did for ya.

fixxxer22
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
The supercab has 4 doors the rear a suicide style and 4 full doors is called crew cab.

I get alot of parts that i sell on ebay from used trucks that get traded in here. they want them to appear stock. i come by many chips, intakes, pods and all other misc. stuff. i take it off and replace with stock. we always leave exhaust on the trucks beacuse that only helps.

waterboy222
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
waterboy I may be interested, what size box does it have? Did you mention the color?

I've got an '02 with the 7.3 which I like but its the 4 full doors and 8' bed which makes city driving (90% of my driving) a pain. Thinking of at least going to a 6' bed or maybe even to 6' and the extended cab like you've got.

Did it to the skater pretty well? Obviously a dually would be ideal but curious how the srw did for ya.

Its black with the 6' bed on it.. I bought the truck to tow one of our chemical trailers with but then ODOT changed the rules on trailers here. They now say that they will write you a ticket for any weight over the amount that your truck is rated for that is attached to a trailer that has more capacity than the truck has.. complicated, I know.. But it means that if you have a trailer that has the capability of towing 30k# but your truck is rated for 10k# then they will write you a 20k# overweight ticket regardless of how much weight you are really towing... Straight from the mouth of DOT.. So it retired down to me for a boat and toy hauler. Ive only towed his Skater around the lake and up and down the ramp but it really doesnt weigh that much being that its a 368. (its heavy, dont get me wrong but Ive towed more than that) It didnt feel much heavier than my 32 Sunsation did. It does have the heavier rear springs option on it from the factory. I towed my boat home from canada and it never missed a beat, never once felt like I was close to capacity..

Truck is Black. Feel free to PM me..

Oh, its also been on our fleet maintenance plan. So it gets serviced wether it needs it or not..

I think if I can do a trade for $16k that Id feel like I came out OK on it.. Still a little leary about losin the ol girl to a car though..

inbetween
03-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Quick hijack...

fixxxer22, have an ebay link for us? user id so we can see what you're selling? Always on the lookout for a good deal on stuff for the 7.3

Thanks.

...now back to your regularly scheduled thread

I get alot of parts that i sell on ebay from used trucks that get traded in here. they want them to appear stock. i come by many chips, intakes, pods and all other misc. stuff. i take it off and replace with stock. we always leave exhaust on the trucks beacuse that only helps.

MahopacMarine
03-02-2010, 10:29 PM
The supercab has 4 doors the rear a suicide style and 4 full doors is called crew cab.

I'm looking for a 3 pod pillar with gauges and probes. EGT, Boost and Trans.
Color doesnt matter but prefer tan.
Shoot me a pm please.

WB222 sorry for the hijack:cheers2:
BTW, still waiting on ya at the marina:sifone:

waterboy222
03-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I

WB222 sorry for the hijack:cheers2:
BTW, still waiting on ya at the marina:sifone:

Im not gonna part out the truck, I dont think so anyways.. who knows..

Waitin on my taxes to get in so I can pay the yella boat off.. Ill call ya when i get the title and we'll hammer somethin out!

MahopacMarine
03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Im not gonna part out the truck, I dont think so anyways.. who knows..

Waitin on my taxes to get in so I can pay the yella boat off.. Ill call ya when i get the title and we'll hammer somethin out!

Sounds good.

I was checking in with Fixxxer for the pod and gauge setup.