PDA

View Full Version : Bilge pump hose

captain55
02-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I really dig this great advice. I have been boating since I was 8 and still learn from you guys. The original bilge pump works great but there is a leak (drip) where the black ribbed bilge outlet hose is clamped to the white above water through hull fitting. Is the through hull fitting cracked? Is the hose cracked? What is the best repair course of action? Replace the whole hose or just the end? How hard is it to get the black hose over the white threaded fitting? I better be careful, if I ask too many questions, Jo will come and fix it himself. He's a good man. Captain55

JAIME
02-26-2010, 01:17 AM
O, oh, sounds like its time for a new boat! if you like i could always haul your old trash away.

Buoy
02-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Not sure what you're talking about with the white fitting, black fitting stuff...
This sounds like a 10 minute fix.
Get some good parts, and done in no time.
Simple hoses and fittings.
Also, get a hold of McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com) and request a catalog (also order post-it notes to flag pages). It will be bathroom reading for the next few years.

Chris
02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
He has a plastic thru-hull. That's bad.

Get a stainless or a chromed brass one. They don't snap off and allow your boat to fill with water and sink- like your plastic one is about to do.

rchevelle71
02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
My through hull is metal, and the hose is available at any marine store, replace the whole thing, fitting and all, maybe even the pump to be safe. I run 2 pumps in mine, one big one on a toggle switch just in case, and the stock one on a float switch, 2 through hulls, one on each side, its kinda funny when i come in the inlet from a rough run on the outside, and theres water pumping out both sides(water sometimes comes over the outboard motor well if i am not careful, that is why I am removing the well).:eek:

rchevelle71
02-26-2010, 09:09 AM
He has a plastic thru-hull. That's bad.

Get a stainless or a chromed brass one. They don't snap off and allow your boat to fill with water and sink- like your plastic one is about to do.

Must have been typing at the same time:cheers2:

JO - PANTERABOAT
02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
#1 check the hose clamp first.
#2 IF it is the hose from looking @ an original pic there is enough hose to cut a couple of inches off.
#3 You are right, call jo and he will check it for you.
#4 Make sure you have life jackets on board in case you have to "abandon ship" in the Intercoastal waterway!!!
Later pp.

PS, after 7/8 years IF that is the worst thing that happened to your boat, you are doing fine

thedonz
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
he has a plastic thru-hull. That's bad.

+1

Dude! Sweet!
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Dang Rick! Chop chop! :)

You start a thread down here or just up in the glass section?

rchevelle71
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Dang Rick! Chop chop! :)

You start a thread down here or just up in the glass section?

I believe it is in the glass section, check it out, got all the wood out today:sifone: