PDA

View Full Version : Chicago 6/16 - 6/20

MarylandMark
02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Looking to come see Chicago for our 1st time. Tell me where to go, what to see, what to do?

Going to see one of these games; haven't decided which one and don't know squat about baseball (any SOS hook up for 4 tickets?):

Cubs & Oakland A's Thursday 1:20PM or Cubs & LA Angels Friday 1:20PM

Navy Pier

Double decker bus tour and/or boat tour

Some mobster stuff would be cool

Could careless about art, water fountains or tall buildings.

Affinia Chicago a decent hotel?

mustang
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
If you're going to a Cubs game I would stop at Murphy's Bleachers bar beforehand and grab a beer. It's on the northeast corner of Wrigley Field at Sheffield and Waveland. I really don't think there's too much mobster stuff to do because most of those buildings where they operated have been torn down. They do have a "Untouchables" Tour but again, I don't think there's too much to see. If you're here you should check out a Blues Bar. I recommend Buddy Guy's down in the South Loop.

redhotsommer
02-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Plenty of boat tours...kill two birds with one stone by picking one up off Navy Pier.

Make sure you give us a head's up before you hit town...chances are somebody will be around if you wanna go for a ride or get a drink.

Hammer01
02-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Let us know a few weeks in advance and we can set up a good tour guide service for you!!!!! I have tickets to the Cubs so as it gets near let me know and I can arrange something for you. Welcome to Chitown, its a lot of fun!!

Magic Medicine
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Let us know a few weeks in advance and we can set up a good tour guide service for you!!!!! I have tickets to the Cubs so as it gets near let me know and I can arrange something for you. Welcome to Chitown, its a lot of fun!!

And there you have it! Our resident hook up on all things Chi town!!!!

MarylandMark
02-25-2010, 06:10 PM
No kiddin', and there you have it!

I'll be in contact once we get the details worked out. Idea just kind of came about last week, planned the dates this past weekend and now working out the details.

:cheers2:

Twin Whackas
02-25-2010, 06:25 PM
We will be sure to take you around for some drinks. Just give everyone a heads up and bring some aspirin for the following morning.:ack2:

Make sure you give us a head's up before you hit town...chances are somebody will be around if you wanna go for a ride or get a drink.[/QUOTE]

MILD THUNDER
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Navy pier is best viewed from the "Playpen" :cheers2:

Mobster stuff? Here ya go. :sifone:

7Jes8OnGVo8

MILD THUNDER
02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh, if you havent met kool-aid in person, here he is in action. Just so you know what you are getting yourself into

gtKT0lwHNKo

Kool-Aid Man
02-25-2010, 07:15 PM
If i could see the pics you posted i'd comment!!

A lot of great places ot go and with a little direction it should be a great trip. We could make you an honorary "Bad Influence Offshore" representative for the state of Maryland but does consist of going for a boat ride and have a few cocktails while you're here....

redhotsommer
02-26-2010, 07:38 AM
...and you can find out exactly how team "bad influence" got its name...

Magic Medicine
02-26-2010, 08:17 AM
...and you can find out exactly how team "bad influence" got its name...
how is that???

MarylandMark
02-26-2010, 10:48 AM
What was going to be a weekend trip for a buddys birthday, his girl and me and what by that time will be my wife, is going to end up with MarylandMark getting piss drunk falling all over the place, again!! SWEET!!

redhotsommer
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
how is that???

As if YOU don't know! :USA:

mustang
02-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I know our "fine" :rofl:Mayor Daley will welcome you with open arms. If you can bring a convention or two with you that would be great.....if you can take Daley back with you that would be better!

Magic Medicine
02-26-2010, 01:13 PM
As if YOU don't know! :USA:

:bump::sifone::USA::iamwithstupid:

Magic Medicine
02-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I know our "fine" :rofl:Mayor Daley will welcome you with open arms. If you can bring a convention or two with you that would be great.....if you can take Daley back with you that would be better!

:rofl:

MarylandMark
03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
if you can take Daley back with you that would be better!

I'll trade you one Marion Barry for one Daley? :cheers2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

OBNOXUS
03-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Unfortunatly that is the South Haven weekend and the whole group will be gone !!!

your liver will thank you !!!!

redhotsommer
03-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Damn Den...you is right! Ah well...Mark, there's really nuthin' to see in Chicago...just drive 1-1/2 hours east...THAT'S where the party will be.

Magic Medicine
03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Unfortunatly that is the South Haven weekend and the whole group will be gone !!!

your liver will thank you !!!!

Damn Den...you is right! Ah well...Mark, there's really nuthin' to see in Chicago...just drive 1-1/2 hours east...THAT'S where the party will be.

I forgot about that too, South Haven here we come!:cheers2:

Boatfreak
03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I forgot about that too, South Haven here we come!:cheers2:

Tell me more about this South Haven thing. Do they allow loud boats in the area? I'm not exactly quiet.:sifone:

OBNOXUS
03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
google south haven harbor fest,,,,,its on the must do list !!!!!!!

I dont think there is a lot of noise issues on that side of the pond,,,,,,get ur ass up here and bring my banner !!!!!!

redhotsommer
03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
You should definately do this Mike. Last year we had 6 boats meet up in Portage and roll up together...Mild Thunder, Little Dennis, Obnoxus, BZ, Kool-Aid and myself...plus Magic Medicine was already up there...PLUS our Michigan Bad Influence contingent...

75 shots lined up on the bar...:cheers2:

Slips open up April 1 (we always reserve them right away so everyone is together)...keep an eye on the forum, we'll definately let you know.

Magic Medicine
03-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Tell me more about this South Haven thing. Do they allow loud boats in the area? I'm not exactly quiet.:sifone:

Real fun time, you should put this on your list!

Tony M
03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I,m in will half to plan on a few sick days like the ol poop! did. "Oh yes minus the bagage! from last year "

OBNOXUS
03-24-2010, 09:37 AM
I,m in will half to plan on a few sick days like the ol poop! did. "Oh yes minus the bagage! from last year "

which half?

B.Z.
03-24-2010, 09:38 AM

Mike, this is on the MUST do list like the hippy kid said we have a GOOD time when we get there....plus the run north is always a fun little ride!!!!!

Magic Medicine
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Mike, this is on the MUST do list like the hippy kid said we have a GOOD time when we get there....plus the run north is always a fun little ride!!!!!

That ride to Saugatuck is nice!!!!!

Tony M
03-24-2010, 09:52 AM
which half? half . :kiss: I new that would get Your attention!

Hammer01
03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Well Maryland Mark, looks like we will "half" to hook up on Wednesday when you get in town for a little tour because I am sure the gang is heading out on Thursday or Friday morning and I am not sitting this year out!!!!! I can't have my boy Kool-Aid consuming the whole hot dog stand by himself and I have not heard the bell ring at the bar yet!!!! Still touch base with me on my cell as it approaches and we will try to set up the tickets with the game of choice. I need about 30 days notice on the specific game. You can at your convenience go onto Wrigley Field's website for the Cubs and you can buy the tickets there at face value as well if you want more than one game. Regardless, I can get you 2-4 tickets as we discussed. Hammer

Magic Medicine
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
half . :kiss: I new that would get Your attention!

new?????

Magic Medicine
03-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Well Maryland Mark, looks like we will "half" to hook up on Wednesday when you get in town for a little tour because I am sure the gang is heading out on Thursday or Friday morning and I am not sitting this year out!!!!! I can't have my boy Kool-Aid consuming the whole hot dog stand by himself and I have not heard the bell ring at the bar yet!!!! Still touch base with me on my cell as it approaches and we will try to set up the tickets with the game of choice. I need about 30 days notice on the specific game. You can at your convenience go onto Wrigley Field's website for the Cubs and you can buy the tickets there at face value as well if you want more than one game. Regardless, I can get you 2-4 tickets as we discussed. Hammer

Ring the bell, hot dog stand! Do work son!!!!!:iamwithstupid::_boobies::rofl::rofl:

Tony M
03-24-2010, 04:48 PM
new????? but will see. :rolleyes:

MILD THUNDER
03-24-2010, 08:51 PM

kool-aid isnt the hot dog king anymore :cheers2:

Magic Medicine
03-24-2010, 09:53 PM

The hot dog king of Chicago speaks up. Nice

Tony M
03-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Ok! who is up on the noise "louder than the normel Exhust" wet pipes etc was ask by a few people that have not been up there!

Twin Whackas
03-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Ok! who is up on the noise "louder than the normel Exhust" wet pipes etc was ask by a few people that have not been up there!

You people that have these big loud motors that pollute the environment with noise should be ashamed of yourselves.:sifone:

Magic Medicine
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

WoW had to read that one 3 times; transulation.

Who knows in the water cops in South Haven or other habors we visit during
the trip are ball busters when it comes to loud exhaust.

Answer:
So far so good. Grand Haven area is where you need to be concerned with noise.:bump:

redhotsommer
03-25-2010, 12:58 PM

I present..."Hot Dog Joe."

Magic Medicine
03-25-2010, 12:58 PM
You people that have these big loud motors that pollute the environment with noise should be ashamed of yourselves.:sifone:

Coming from the guy who kills at the mosquitos in a 5 square miles when he cold starts his boat:icon_bs:

Tony M
03-25-2010, 04:41 PM
WoW had to read that one 3 times; transulation.

Who knows "in" the water cops in South Haven or other habors we visit during
the trip are ball busters when it comes to loud exhaust.

Answer:
So far so good. Grand Haven area is where you need to be concerned with noise.:bump: Indiana Thing ? Who knows if the water cops in South Haven or other harbors we visit during the trip are ball busters when it comes to loud exhaust ! "Would be proper English" Hill Billy Boy! :sifone:

Tony M
03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Coming from the guy who kills {at} the mosquitos in a 5 square miles when he cold starts his boat:icon_bs:
Indiana Boy! :ack2:

redhotsommer
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Indiana Thing ? Who knows if the water cops in South Haven or other harbors we visit during the trip are ball busters when it comes to loud exhaust ! "Would be proper English" Hill Billy Boy! :sifone:

What do you care?...your boat ain't loud.

Hammer01
03-25-2010, 05:38 PM
I present..."Hot Dog Joe."

Are you sure he is not trying to do a quote from Bachelor party, "Nick the Dick" has nuttin on Spaghetti Joe because my noodle is long!!!!! That pic is hilarious though, he looks like a Southside Gangsta!!!! Oh ****, he is!!!!

MarylandMark
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM

We bought tickets today but thanks for your offer! I like to get things done and be done with it so was just easier that way. Thanks again!!

As far as cocktails- I'll leave a few bumper stickers over the urinals for you guys to let you know I was there:

:cheers2: :sifone:

Tony M
03-26-2010, 08:43 AM
What do you care?...your boat ain't loud. Junior ! So you can get up to speed. :toetap05: :sifone:.

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Junior ! So you can get up to speed. :toetap05: :sifone:.

We have tried. BUT, as in most of your posts,,,,,, it does not contain anything resembling a sentence, or words from the English language for that matter !!!!!

redhotsommer
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Junior ! So you can get up to speed. :toetap05: :sifone:.

Old man, not only am I up to speed, I'm WAAAAAY ahead of you. I've even been to the "Haven" that is suspect as far as policing of loudness, and came away clean. Supposedly, Grand Haven isn't quite as bad these days, last I'd heard. In South Haven, the only problem we had with noise was with the marina itself...seems other boaters don't like loud music and drunken idiots at 3 am...and even less at like 5 am...

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Indiana Thing ? Who knows if the water cops in South Haven or other harbors we visit during the trip are ball busters when it comes to loud exhaust ! "Would be proper English" Hill Billy Boy! :sifone:

Easy there old man, keep up running the mouth and see what happens. Maybe you should enroll in the Tall Mike school or grammer!!!!!

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 09:58 AM

He has 2 stroke out boards, I know your boating knowledge is limited but
his motors run rich at idle. Ya dig????:smash:

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Old man, not only am I up to speed, I'm WAAAAAY ahead of you. I've even been to the "Haven" that is suspect as far as policing of loudness, and came away clean. Supposedly, Grand Haven isn't quite as bad these days, last I'd heard. In South Haven, the only problem we had with noise was with the marina itself...seems other boaters don't like loud music and drunken idiots at 3 am...and even less at like 5 am...

:eek::sifone::cheers2:

Tony M
03-26-2010, 09:59 AM
We have tried. BUT, as in most of your posts,,,,,, it does not contain anything resembling a sentence, or words from the English language for that matter !!!!! Now we have juniors.:cheers2: :sifone:

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Are you sure he is not trying to do a quote from Bachelor party, "Nick the Dick" has nuttin on Spaghetti Joe because my noodle is long!!!!! That pic is hilarious though, he looks like a Southside Gangsta!!!! Oh ****, he is!!!!

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:iagree:

Tony M
03-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Easy there old man, keep up running the mouth and see what happens. Maybe you should enroll in the Tall Mike school or grammer!!!!! Did I'm his favorite! :ack2:

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Did I'm his favorite! :ack2:

You must be failing the class:cuss:

MarylandMark
03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
He has 2 stroke out boards

Good stuff right there!

Tony M
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Good stuff right there! Not another Egg Beater! :driving: new that there was something wrong when the guy ask for Cubs tickets! :sifone:

Boatfreak
03-28-2010, 09:41 PM

Have they been introduced to Big Bobs Music Machine?:willy_nilly:

redhotsommer
03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Have they been introduced to Big Bobs Music Machine?:willy_nilly:

Actually, no! Big Bob had his Music Machine ripped off just before the South Haven trip last year...the one you heard was the replacement system that insurance paid for! And yes, it's louder than it was!

OH! And a slight correction needs to be made here...we can't get slips until APRIL 15! I thought it was April 1, but the Michigan bad influence chapter corrected me this weekend!

B.Z.
03-29-2010, 09:04 AM
So tax day and slips for Harbor Fest .... Ouch..so Mike (Boatfreak) you makig the trip?????

Magic Medicine
03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
So tax day and slips for Harbor Fest .... Ouch..so Mike (Boatfreak) you makig the trip?????

Ya Mike are you going to make the trip. Its worth it!!!

MarylandMark
03-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Man- I thought my buddy was going to buy tickets the other day.

6/18 Cubs vs LAA

All the seats I emailed him to choose from were sold by Saturday AM. I don't follow baseball but must be a desirable game or is that stadium full all of the time?

MarylandMark
03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Bought 4 tickets today- they were only $665 for 4 so jumped on them, couldn't see paying double to be 15 rows closer but will see if that was a good call or not when I get there. Hope the head is close but with a 1st pitch time of 1:20CST (a hour behind my regular EST time), I shouldn't be too many deep by then. Maybe...