PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Empower Marine Insurance

Tom A.
11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I hate to post negatively but I had insurance through Empower Marine last year and they really dropped the ball. I got a letter from American Reliable (Empower brokered to AR) stating they would not renew me for this year because they were no longer affiliated with Empower. When I spoke with my rep. at Empower, he assured me they would continue my coverage through another company. Well, many unanswered emails and phone calls later, I was forced to go elsewhere. A simple courtesy call saying, "Sorry, we can't renew you right now." would have eliminated weeks of BS.

On a side note:

A big THANK YOU to Stacy at Wake Zone insurance for immediately addressing my needs and getting me the same rate as last year (through American Reliable!).

nomomoney
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I too am with Empower.I also recieved a letter from AR stating that they would not be re-newing me for the same reason.Empower did get me done at re-newal and saved me $600.00 on my premium.I also contacted Stacy and she was very quick to get me a competative quote but she was a little higher than Empower with a higher deductable.I would recomend giving Empower a shot at a quote.

nthdegree
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Tom, we reieived the same treatment on our Cig insurance!!!
They totally dropped the ball and when I said we had to get insurance some where esle they said "Good Luck"...nice customer service!!!...they even asked us for a picture for their home page when we first went with them for our insurance...

Tom A.
11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Nth - Your picture is still on their home page. They are still advertising that they are an American Reliable carrier and they are not.

Nomo - I played games for a month with two different reps and when it got to the point where they weren't returning my phone calls and emails and my boat was uninsured, it was time to move on. I am paying the same rate with Stacy, I just shrunk my area a bit from nation wide to east of the Mississippi.

insurancegoddess
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Nth - Your picture is still on their home page. They are still advertising that they are an American Reliable carrier and they are not.

Nomo - I played games for a month with two different reps and when it got to the point where they weren't returning my phone calls and emails and my boat was uninsured, it was time to move on. I am paying the same rate with Stacy, I just shrunk my area a bit from nation wide to east of the Mississippi.

Hey Tom,

Email me what we need the navigaitonal limits to be and I'll get them changed for you to what they were. There is no reason they should have ammended that.
Stacy

spilman
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
U Rock Stacy....best agent I've dealt with in 15 yrs of marine insurance!

insurancegoddess
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
U Rock Stacy....best agent I've dealt with in 15 yrs of marine insurance!

Awwwe! You're so nice to say that!!!! Thank you for that awesome compliment. That really means a lot ot me. :)

Seafordguy
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM
On a side note:

A big THANK YOU to Stacy at Wake Zone insurance for immediately addressing my needs and getting me the same rate as last year (through American Reliable!).

Stacy did my Cig as well and I was glad to give her my business.....

MattBMiller
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Stacy has been great to deal with!

Ryan8886
11-25-2008, 08:53 PM

Stacy is top notch. Would recommend her to anybody. She's worked very hard getting me squared away with a new carrier. Much appreciated!!

stecz20
11-28-2008, 01:02 AM
shes a lot cuter than sy too.....lol

insurancegoddess
12-01-2008, 10:16 AM
shes a lot cuter than sy too.....lol

hahaha :)