PDA

View Full Version : Houston/Clear Lake/Kemah

JETJOCK
02-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Relocating to the Houston area.....

Will move my 38KV Scarab from Florida to the Hosuton area, was curious as to where I can store her? I would ideally like to buy a 45+ cruiser and use as a live aboard and have the Scarab rack stored or dry storage with lift in and out service.

Any helpful suggestions and hints about the area--all of this is appreicated in advance!

--Randy

JETJOCK
02-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Anyone? Anyone?

dono
03-04-2010, 11:42 PM
I used to keep my boat at Marina Del Sol in the Clear Lake Area. Quite a few wet slips for live aboards and a reasonably priced dry stack. The upside is they were probably the best value, the downside is the dry stack is not completely enclosed. Problems with office personel and dockhands. There was a total b*tch that may still be there the new owner had running the place, I believe her name was a Marie, a real man of a woman. There was also a dockhand that was rude to the customers, lots of complaints, one guy punched him in the face when he taking his boat from the marina. The other option I know of is Endeavor, pricey but a new nice facilility. Marina Del Sol could be a good bang for the buck just depends on who is managing it this year.

JETJOCK
03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Will they store a 38' Scarab? the website says only up to 30'.....that sucks! Unless someone knows different?

JETJOCK
03-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Ok---I need to find a full service Marina! I will be transporting my 43' Portofino and will need it lifted off the truck once shipped out to the Kemah area.

I also want my 38KV to follow shortly thereafter!