PDA

View Full Version : Gooseneck boat trailer wanted

pat@osp
02-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Anybody have or know of any gooseneck boat trailers for sale in the eastern half of the country? I'm looking for something around 24k GVW, triple axle, and capable of at least a 40 ft boat. Bigger is OK and I'd also look at a tandem dually but it has to be a gooseneck or 5th wheel with the drop style neck for use with a pick up bed. Trying to find something under $10k.

Thanks, Pat
pat@oceanstateperformance.com

DAREDEVIL
02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Anybody have or know of any gooseneck boat trailers for sale in the eastern half of the country? I'm looking for something around 24k GVW, triple axle, and capable of at least a 40 ft boat. Bigger is OK and I'd also look at a tandem dually but it has to be a gooseneck or 5th wheel with the drop style neck for use with a pick up bed. Trying to find something under $10k.

Thanks, Pat
pat@oceanstateperformance.com

I seen one on the other site....but don't know if its still there.
E-bay, has some in it once in a while as well.

pat@osp
02-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I seen one on the other site....but don't know if its still there.
E-bay, has some in it once in a while as well.

There's been a couple on OSO but they have all been set up to be towed by a tractor only, won't work with a pickup bed................at least the ones I've seen there.

I missed on on Ebay about 1 month ago, looked like a nice Myco with adjustable bunks but the guy wanted to sell it along with his truck and that's what ended up happening.

DAREDEVIL
02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
There's been a couple on OSO but they have all been set up to be towed by a tractor only, won't work with a pickup bed................at least the ones I've seen there.

I missed on on Ebay about 1 month ago, looked like a nice Myco with adjustable bunks but the guy wanted to sell it along with his truck and that's what ended up happening.

Thats the one i seen...mmmmhhhh,,,,,,if i hear something i let u know.

Why would u want a goose neck thogh ???

pat@osp
02-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Thats the one i seen...mmmmhhhh,,,,,,if i hear something i let u know.

Why would u want a goose neck thogh ???

I'd just prefer a gooseneck or 5th wheel because of the total weight. The boat could weigh as much as 19k with fuel and water plus there's the wieght of the trailer. Even a Myco 3 axle aluminum trailer weights about 3000 lbs so the whole thing could weigh as much as 22,000 lbs +. I have a Reese "Super Titan" reciever hitch with a 25k lb capacity and a 3 inch draw bar but it's still a lot of weigh to tow on a tag style reciever hitch. I've done it and it works but the gooseneck is just a nicer set up for this much weight. I have a big Myco aluminum 3 axle trailer now that is long enough for the boat but I'd have to pump out all the fuel and water every time and even then I'd be maxing it out weight wise even with 1500 lb tongue weight on the truck. Figured if I'm going to spend the $$ for something else I might as well get a gooseneck or 5th wheel.

Sean H
02-13-2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.performanceboatbrokerage.com/boat_detail.asp?boat_id=190

pat@osp
02-13-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.performanceboatbrokerage.com/boat_detail.asp?boat_id=190

Thanks Sean. I've been talking to Brett over there about that trailer and that very well might be the one I end up with. Just waiting to hear back from him on some details.

Thanks again,
Pat

DAREDEVIL
02-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks Sean. I've been talking to Brett over there about that trailer and that very well might be the one I end up with. Just waiting to hear back from him on some details.

Thanks again,
Pat

Gotcha,,,,but that MYCO...looks like it weighs 5 K !!!!! LOL:eek:

Nice though .

Good luck .:seeya:

pat@osp
02-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Gotcha,,,,but that MYCO...looks like it weighs 5 K !!!!! LOL:eek:

Nice though .

Good luck .:seeya:

Ya, that's one of the details that I'm waiting to hear back about. If it has a pair of 12k axles it would work but if they're 10k's it might not be enough given the weight of the trailer itself.