PDA

View Full Version : stupid question-should i paint my bravo lower silver?

BudgetBaja
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
i have a bravo drive, the lower has a nose cone on it and all of that so it looks trick just having that. i was pondering the thought of painting it silver just to make it stand out a little bit and make my boat look a little more unique then the rest of the boats with all black drives. few people said go for it and it will look sweet but another buddy told me that it will look like a wanna be imco or similar... people paint there engines merc blue all the time cause it looks nice but that doesnt make me think its a wanna be merc racing motor.... now if they had like a set of hp500 valve covers with stickers then i would think it was a wanna be...

glassdave
02-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Sure just lower, but not the whole drive. I was never a big fan of drives painted anything but black.

BudgetBaja
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
yea thats all i want to do is the lower. good to hear from you glassdave. i am regalman4925 on oso, i changed my name on here because everyone thought i had a regal boat lol. without you i am not sure i would have gotten through the transom and stringers on my boat, thanks again!

Perlmudder
02-09-2010, 12:01 AM
go for it! if done right it will look cool!

glassdave
02-09-2010, 01:13 AM
yea thats all i want to do is the lower. good to hear from you glassdave. i am regalman4925 on oso, i changed my name on here because everyone thought i had a regal boat lol. without you i am not sure i would have gotten through the transom and stringers on my boat, thanks again!

lol . . . heck thats what i thought. No prob man always there to lend advice (right or wrong:sifone:)

yea i think the lowers done in a satin-ee silver looks good. Actially any drive with a large amount of detail look great. When i do a drive i like to replace all the nuts and washers with new stuff, new stickers to.

Knot 4 Me
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Silver lower will look great. Go for it.

MILD THUNDER
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
i always liked the old SSM drives in black, with original merc decals, with polished lowers...

I'd go for it on your bravo...satin finish though...

old377guy
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
i always liked the old SSM drives in black, with original merc decals, with polished lowers...

I'd go for it on your bravo...satin finish though...

ditto the satin finish

MarylandMark
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
silver lowers are sweet!!!

<----------------look over there!

CRC
02-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't paint it, just remove the black paint and leave it natural satin aluminum....

imco offshore
02-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Don't paint it, just remove the black paint and leave it natural satin aluminum....

:iagree:

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
He said he has a nose cone.

Airpacker
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Hard part for me was always KEEPING paint on the lower. Now I just go au natural :)

BDiggity
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I cant find the pic, but i thought those Konrads w/ upper & lower silver looked good. I guess Imco does the same.

CRC
02-10-2010, 04:22 PM
OK, with a nosecone you will need paint. On my Hydrostream I left the lower in gray primer after the nosecone install and it looked good.

MahopacMarine
02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Here is a picture with a compilation of options. Black upper, painted silver lower and polished skeg.

Expensive Date
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Here is a picture with a compilation of options. Black upper, painted silver lower and polished skeg.

Run in Barnegat Bay we all have polished lowers:) Running in the Hudson with you guys was great my boat has never seen 100 ft of water its used to five.

540/27fastech
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM

Just wondering what was used to polish the skeg? A while back there was a 33 scarab with the lowers polished I am trying to polish mine. thanks

DAREDEVIL
02-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Just wondering what was used to polish the skeg? A while back there was a 33 scarab with the lowers polished I am trying to polish mine. thanks

Save yourself that 1+ mph and work,,,DON"T POLISH it !!!!! :cheers2:

It will not stay polished long anyways,,,,,,maybe 2 hours in the water , running time !!!

BudgetBaja
02-14-2010, 11:30 AM
thanks for all the replies! i am going silver for sue, now i just need to figure out which silver to use. what type of paint does the factory use? i know the spray cans are acrylic lacquer, from my experiances i dont care for anything lacquer but maybe thats the best stuff to use?

Wayne Pennell
02-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Save yourself that 1+ mph and work,,,DON"T POLISH it !!!!! :cheers2:

It will not stay polished long anyways,,,,,,maybe 2 hours in the water , running time !!!

I second that!!