PDA

View Full Version : 10 meter with Arnesons?

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Anybody have a 10 meter with them? I remember how well the 32 Hustlers ran with them. I like the idea of cheating the center line in.

Second question. Are the stringers different then a Merc set up?

Rik
02-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Anybody have a 10 meter with them? I remember how well the 32 Hustlers ran with them. I like the idea of cheating the center line in.

Second question. Are the stringers different then a Merc set up?

There were quite a few made back in the day. For some reason, most of these boats are owned by people in up state New York. They seem to have a concentration of the older Fountains with Arnesons on them.

Stringers would be the same as the engines are on the same center line distance.

Rik

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks Rik.

I am curious to hear what any owners may say. I am thinking long term. I am adding it to the list of up grades possibilities.

Rik
02-08-2010, 02:28 AM
The Arnesons used in the past were the ASD8-16 or even the ASD8-10's. Both of these can be installed on an angle or vertical.

Depending upon the power you might be able to use the #7M but these are not tilt-able as the older ASD8's are.

Rik

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
The tilt able ones are what interests me. Will they work on a conventional transom angle with a notch like on the 10 Meter? Or are some changes in order? I know the newer Fountains have a different transom angle. I would love to see a pic if anyone has one to share.

Rik
02-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Transom angle will not interfere with the installations. The older Fountains had a 13 degree transom. Today?

You will need to counter rotate one engine to use the drop boxes that are tilt-able. We have a wedge plate to allow a few different angles.

Rik