PDA

View Full Version : Advise on new vinyl for my 36.

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I have decided on the carbon fiber looking vinyl, I really like the light grey and graphite look. I don't think it will look good on my boat since nothing on teh boat is dark colored.

Anyhow here are some samples I had made up with different color combination s. Let me know what combination you think will look the best.

I don't think I like the piping at all unless it is the same color as the vinyl.

This interior seems to be changeling to two tone. But all white is so hard to keep clean. I was hoping to darken up some ares to make it easier to keep clean.

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Interior Pictures, this isn't mine but my front seats are the same my back seat has 3 separate seats.

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 04:08 PM
More Vinyl

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Here is another.

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Boat Pictures

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I like the way this looks but not sure what I would do with the dash. since my bolsters tie right into the dash, Also don't know how good all that grey will look on my boat since there is no grey on it at all.

Airpacker
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
sorry, I like the white. Sometimes things are better the way they are. :)

baywatch
02-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I also agree with the classic white.

Mine is a pearl color (sort of iridescent in the sun) and when I redo mine I will probably do the same color and use things like the grab handles, and steering wheel for the accents.

Also, what color is your carpet?

Here is a couple pics of mine (plain, but classic)

MOBILEMERCMAN
02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
sorry, I like the white. Sometimes things are better the way they are. :)

I too like white. All white.

Tu Tama
02-06-2010, 11:54 PM
The carpet is Purple so are the grab rails and gauge trim rings. But these are all things I can change. I keep thinking all white also, but most everyone I see is all white. I am going to redo the side panels also to make them more functional, adding cup holders, storage. Also trying to make the boat look more modern.

I've been tossing this around in my head for months now and can't make a decision.

baywatch
02-07-2010, 09:50 AM
The carpet is Purple so are the grab rails and gauge trim rings. But these are all things I can change. I keep thinking all white also, but most everyone I see is all white. I am going to redo the side panels also to make them more functional, adding cup holders, storage. Also trying to make the boat look more modern.

I've been tossing this around in my head for months now and can't make a decision.

I agree on the cup holders and stuff. When I put red bezels on my guages I bought red cup holders as well. Long story short I ended selling the cup holders to a friend and decided to go cup holder less because I felt they would just give people a reason to have full beverages spilling all over when we are underway. Without the the cup holders they know to finish up drinks before we get moving. I did buy some suction cup can koozies from levorsi that work well for my wife and I.

When I first got our boat I thought about redoing everything before I arrived back at the idea of keeping her classic. Now I am saving my money so I can freshen up the paint and upgrade power at some point.

I do like your windscreen. I want to possibly do something like that eventually because my flip up screens make for a pretty windy ride.

baywatch
02-07-2010, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUNk3YGa-s8

Not sure if you have seen this clip, but around 3:26, and 7:58 you can see the cockpit pretty well as they are pulling into harbor. I believe this one was a 2004 and one of the last ones that bobby built. I really like this set up with the dash, guages, cabin door, windscreen etc. If I opted to change mine from original this is probably the direction I would go because it still looks classic with tasteful accents but isn't crazy so it looks like a box of crayolas took crap.
Frank might have some better pics of this one and know the history.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful and isnt' just confusing you more :driving:
good luck and take pics for the rest of us.

-Josh

Tu Tama
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
I have seen that video before but never paid attention to the interior, thanks, it is helpful. I don't think I like that int as well as mine.

fund razor
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I have to say that I like the white too. But I agree with Tu Tama that the piping is nicer in the same color.

kvscarab38
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I agree on the cup holders and stuff. When I put red bezels on my guages I bought red cup holders as well. Long story short I ended selling the cup holders to a friend and decided to go cup holder less because I felt they would just give people a reason to have full beverages spilling all over when we are underway. Without the the cup holders they know to finish up drinks before we get moving. I did buy some suction cup can koozies from levorsi that work well for my wife and I.

When I first got our boat I thought about redoing everything before I arrived back at the idea of keeping her classic. Now I am saving my money so I can freshen up the paint and upgrade power at some point.

I do like your windscreen. I want to possibly do something like that eventually because my flip up screens make for a pretty windy ride.

I actually think Baywatch is right I do like the looks of the classic boats and we all know they are a piece of history thats why I'm trying to keep my old scarab original enven though a lot of people don't like the radar archs..good luck on whatever you do>>maybe I'll see you on the water:cheers2:

Geronimo36
02-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I also agree with the classic white.

Mine is a pearl color (sort of iridescent in the sun) and when I redo mine I will probably do the same color and use things like the grab handles, and steering wheel for the accents.

Also, what color is your carpet?

Here is a couple pics of mine (plain, but classic)

I have the pearl color as well. One thing I can say is after workig on various other gofast boats with white interior, I like the pearl better.. It's much easier to keep clean and doesn't stain as bad.

My interior is original 1995, it has held up pretty well so if/when I redo it I'll probabably keep it the same but add a few cup holders and also some storage on each side, just ahead of the bench. Bobby said there's a molded plastic piece that you can buy to make this possible. Warpaint's 36' has/had them.

Geronimo36
02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Also, if/when I do the interior I think I'm going with regular pearl vinyl on the seats, bench and sun pad but carbon fiber pearl on the side panels and dashboard.

baywatch
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Also, if/when I do the interior I think I'm going with regular pearl vinyl on the seats, bench and sun pad but carbon fiber pearl on the side panels and dashboard.

I am original 1995 as well. I think that you tube clip I put up shows the recessed area infront of the bench for cup holder on that one etc. :cheers2:

Tu Tama
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I did see the recessed cups, I may call and ask Bob about them. I wasn't crazy about the look of them, but it sure would be easy to install one of those over building my own.

Mine boat is a 97 and the vinyl is also all original, people actually think I am crazy for redoing it. It is in great shape, the only bad spot is a couple of holes in the sunpad.

I don't think just fixing the sunpad is an option I could never make the new vinyl match the old. Plus I just can leave well enough alone... It's one of my weaknesses.

Tu Tama
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I actually think Baywatch is right I do like the looks of the classic boats and we all know they are a piece of history thats why I'm trying to keep my old scarab original enven though a lot of people don't like the radar archs..good luck on whatever you do>>maybe I'll see you on the water:cheers2:

I actually did see your boat at the Port Clinton run last summer and at Kelly's on a couple occasions but, never did have a chance to meet you. I'll be sure to look for you this summer.

38fountainSC
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I too like the white, but I agree on keeping it clean cant do it. I think the white and grey looks pretty cool.

Nykamp
02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I like white with some color on the side panels, and maybe some color in the middle of the seat so the body oil's don't show so much. Moon did some of this when he redid his int.

Tu Tama
02-09-2010, 11:03 PM
I like white with some color on the side panels, and maybe some color in the middle of the seat so the body oil's don't show so much. Moon did some of this when he redid his int.

I would like to see some pictures of that. That is exactly what I was thinking of doing.

I'm torn between a light gray and purple. For me I think too much purple is too much.... but I do like the way these look, I'm just not sure I would like it on my boat. I think it's too flashy for me.

Geronimo36
02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
What kind of boating do you do? Poker runs or pleasure boating?

If primarily pleasure boating, it's just my opinion, but I'd keep the rear bench once piece. I've been on a few boats with 3 back seats and if you have more than 5 total guests it gets cramped quickly and if you're anchored at the local watering hole people aren't comfortable.

If you're running offshore all the time and doing poker runs it's great!!!

If/when I redo my interior I'm going to add a removable seat back that will go in-between the two front bolsters! I've had a few runs where people had to stand in the middle.

ChiefApache
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I would like to see some pictures of that. That is exactly what I was thinking of doing.

I'm torn between a light gray and purple. For me I think too much purple is too much.... but I do like the way these look, I'm just not sure I would like it on my boat. I think it's too flashy for me.

I like both purples Rob. Honestly, the lighter one would be better as far as heat. When it's really hot, the dark purple is going to burn the back of some legs and backs for a few minutes!

Tu Tama
02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
What kind of boating do you do? Poker runs or pleasure boating?

If primarily pleasure boating, it's just my opinion, but I'd keep the rear bench once piece. I've been on a few boats with 3 back seats and if you have more than 5 total guests it gets cramped quickly and if you're anchored at the local watering hole people aren't comfortable.

If you're running offshore all the time and doing poker runs it's great!!!

If/when I redo my interior I'm going to add a removable seat back that will go in-between the two front bolsters! I've had a few runs where people had to stand in the middle.

Hey G my boat already has the 3 seperate seats in the back. If you look at post 2 the third picture that is my boat. You can somewhat see how the back seats are set up. You are 100% right they are awesome for one purpose and a pain for another. I never sit back there so it is less of a problem for me :)

I wish I would of took a good picture of my rear seat before I tore it all apart. Does anyone have one? Roger? Barb? any laying around.

ChiefApache
02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
I wish I would of took a good picture of my rear seat before I tore it all apart. Does anyone have one? Roger? Barb? any laying around.

I don't Rob, sorry.

Geronimo36
02-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey G my boat already has the 3 seperate seats in the back. If you look at post 2 the third picture that is my boat. You can somewhat see how the back seats are set up. You are 100% right they are awesome for one purpose and a pain for another. I never sit back there so it is less of a problem for me :)

Gotcha, that's cool. How about some fold up arm rests like the cigs have?? that would be different in an Apache!:cheers2:

Tu Tama
02-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't Rob, sorry.

Np thanks anyhow. I'll have to get with Roger and ask him.

Tu Tama
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Gotcha, that's cool. How about some fold up arm rests like the cigs have?? that would be different in an Apache!:cheers2:

That would be neat. I'm not sure I will have the time to do a redesign on the seat configuration. I actually don't care for the rear seats in the cig.

Tu Tama
02-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I am thinking of something like this. Seats would be purple and the sides a light graphite color. Everything else mostly white with some graphite and purple accents on the side panels also.

Bolsters would have Apache Logo embroidered on them.

Tu Tama
02-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Which logo?

I think I like the blue one better, but i would have it on a white background with blue or graphite lettering.

Tu Tama
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Well I am finally getting somewhere. I ended up buying these for cup holders, I am going to put them in the sides behind the bolsters, going to trim them with some LED's for lighting.

Tu Tama
05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Here are some of the pieces stitched up. I ended up going with white silver and purple. Most of the int will be white.

Tu Tama
05-15-2010, 08:41 PM
More progress.

MattBMiller
05-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Looks great! I just ordered the silver carbon fiber vinyl in my new boat.