PDA

View Full Version : Franchi -- Benelli Shotguns

gerritm
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Anyone shoot the new Franchi I-12, 712, or 720 semi-auto shotguns. they look and feel great. I saw a good deal on one at the local gun show. I know Benelli makes them and they have the same actions.

jryan26
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Cant speak about Franchi, but I have a benelli super black eagle that I have had for 5yrs or so and never cleaned. It shoots every time!

getchasum111
11-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Anyone shoot the new Franchi I-12, 712, or 720 semi-auto shotguns. they look and feel great. I saw a good deal on one at the local gun show. I know Benelli makes them and they have the same actions.

i think the Benelli can be bought for less money...i agree that they are good guns....i put over 4k rounds shooting sporting clays without a failure...

macjazzy
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Probably not much help, but I have a Franchi over/under. It is a beautiful gun, shoots great and has been extremely reliable. I have been very happy with it. A friend who works for Benelli is actually who turned me on to it.

scottc
11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
I always liked the old BT99 for shooting sport clays. Is that the one you have John?

Tony
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Ive shot a 720 20 ga. nice gun, very light. The stock and forearm wood just look and feel very cheap for a gun in that price range.

gerritm
11-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Ive shot a 720 20 ga. nice gun, very light. The stock and forearm wood just look and feel very cheap for a gun in that price range.

I thought the wood looked pretty good on the 712. How do you think the 20 gauge shoots as compared to a 12 gauge for clays. Any good places to buy one. I saw it at the gun show and not sure if he still has it.

ZBODaytona
11-19-2008, 12:22 PM
my experiance with a 20 gauge and clay is that you have to have better aim. though you shoot a 20 for a few rounds then grab the 12..you will kill all clays. Well atleast it is that way for me. When I shoot clay i take turns with both. Usually start with the 20 then go to the 12..and if it is a long day i will go back to the 20

Tony
11-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I thought the wood looked pretty good on the 712. How do you think the 20 gauge shoots as compared to a 12 gauge for clays. Any good places to buy one. I saw it at the gun show and not sure if he still has it.

I've only shot the 20, and less than a box through it, so I cant compare.

macjazzy
11-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I always liked the old BT99 for shooting sport clays. Is that the one you have John?

No, this is what I have http://www.franchiusa.com/firearms/renaissance.php

The renaissance elite. Its a beautiful gun, way more gun than I should have bought or will ever need. But I have always loved the look of an over/under and wanted a nice one I could display. Although it turned out to be too nice to keep out. So its away where no one ever sees it and I rarely ever use it:huh::rolleyes:

gerritm
11-19-2008, 04:00 PM
No, this is what I have http://www.franchiusa.com/firearms/renaissance.php

The renaissance elite. Its a beautiful gun, way more gun than I should have bought or will ever need. But I have always loved the look of an over/under and wanted a nice one I could display. Although it turned out to be too nice to keep out. So its away where no one ever sees it and I rarely ever use it:huh::rolleyes:

That is a beautiful gun and really is what I wanted. Either that or a Browning Citori or Synergy OU. I shoot left handed so an OU is perfect. I think as much as I would like one an auto would be more practical. I still do some bird hunting and field shooting as well as clays.

Audiofn
11-19-2008, 11:01 PM

Damn I hate those things. Not only can I not hit a damn thing with them but they kick hard!!

gerritm
12-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't buy either. Here's what i got. I like something different. I ran about 100 shells thru it this weekend and it is very sweet. Low recoil and very fast. This is a Winchester SX3 Flanigun. It is the same gun that set the speed world record for 12 shots @ 1.442 seconds by Patrick Flanigan. it is made by FN of Belgium for Winchester/Browning. I even bought a 20 gauge Remington 1100 for my wife.

bootdaddy
12-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Stumbled on this thread - I have a 20gg Belgian Browning O/U that I have been thinking about selling - paid over $5k will let go for $4k and get serviced at Griffin and Howe if anybody interested or I will let them sell it.

PM me if interested

itilldo
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Cant speak about Franchi, but I have a benelli super black eagle that I have had for 5yrs or so and never cleaned. It shoots every time!

I'm in the same boat as you up until last Duck season.... I did clean mine last year so my buddy could compare his Franchi to mine. The inner workings were totally different between the two. I'd take the SBEagle any day over just about any other auto loading shotgun...my two cents worth