PDA

View Full Version : 1997 32' Fountain Fever

scottw
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm looking at a 1997 32' Fountain Fever. Twin 502mpi's Bravo Drives. Anyone have any experience with one. Rough water handling, getting on plane, top speed? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

.38Special
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
I've been tied up to a guy that has one a few different times. Rough water should be about as good as it gets for a 35' boat. Top speed I would say is around 75mph or maybe a tick higher. I have the same motor/drive setup in my boat and couldn't be happier. I've read several times that this setup will easily go 1000 hours before rebuilds are necessary. So while it's not blazing fast, it is reliable and to me that's worth a lot.

sweet addiction
01-31-2010, 11:27 PM
You looking at that one Shogren has? I thought about it but they want to jack me around on my trade. Plus if I am getting a 32 and that close I want to stick it out for a 35, plus I want split hatches.

I'm looking at a 1997 32' Fountain Fever. Twin 502mpi's Bravo Drives. Anyone have any experience with one. Rough water handling, getting on plane, top speed? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

01-31-2010, 11:51 PM
32's are much better looking IMHO. 35's have that cab forward look, very short deck etc.

sweet addiction
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I feel the newer models with the staggered setup have the cab forward look. In that case I would prefer the 38 to get more deck. I don't think the side by sides look so much cab forward, but that is just my opininon, maybe I need to look at more fountains. That 32' that shogren has is pretty nice but it has a single engine hatch and I really wanted the split hatches. I would also prefer the 502 Mag MPI with the serpentine (sp) belts and instead of the v belts.

32's are much better looking IMHO. 35's have that cab forward look, very short deck etc.

scottw
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
You looking at that one Shogren has? I thought about it but they want to jack me around on my trade. Plus if I am getting a 32 and that close I want to stick it out for a 35, plus I want split hatches.

Yea, that is the one I am looking at. The trade-in value he gave me was fair. We'll see.:sifone:

neversatisfied
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I had a 98 model with 502's and on the river it would do 78 mph gps every day, very easy boat to operate no planing issues. Rough water water wise we had a formula 336 and it handled Lake Erie's rough water hand's down better.

sweet addiction
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I can't ger right with them on number, he wanted my boat plus another 12k, I was like :eek: No way.

Yea, that is the one I am looking at. The trade-in value he gave me was fair. We'll see.:sifone:

scottw
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't ger right with them on number, he wanted my boat plus another 12k, I was like :eek: No way.

Your boat looks pretty nice. Why would you want to trade it.

sweet addiction
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Ready to get into something else. Looking at 35' fountains pretty hard. If I get mine sold or find a good trade deal then I am doing it, but I will drive mine until it sells or what ever.

sweet addiction
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Are you going to pull the trigger on that 32'? :cheers2:

scottw
02-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Are you going to pull the trigger on that 32'? :cheers2:

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet. But we'll see. Have a few things to work out.:smash:

sweet addiction
02-16-2010, 10:40 PM
have you seen the 1997 32' over at Cumberland Marine? Do you know how much they are asking for it? I am going to assume it is a little high it has not sold. I think I am set on getting in a 35' though.

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet. But we'll see. Have a few things to work out.:smash:

scottw
02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone but went and looked at a 32 yesterday and that boat just dropped off the list. Cockpit is small and so is the cabin. My wife said our 25 looked about the same size. Gonna keep looking

sweet addiction
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Did you look at the 32' that Shogren has? Are you thinking about a 35', 38' or another brand?

Thanks for all the input everyone but went and looked at a 32 yesterday and that boat just dropped off the list. Cockpit is small and so is the cabin. My wife said our 25 looked about the same size. Gonna keep looking

scottw
02-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Did you look at the 32' that Shogren has? Are you thinking about a 35', 38' or another brand?

I looked at a 32' near me to compare it. Just way to tight for my liking. Cockpit as well as cabin. Looking for something with more room.

endeavor1
02-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Go with a 35 or bigger. Not to be a dick but the beak does add quite a bit. The 35 will handle quite a bit and all that you/lake traivs can throw at it. My 35 could be turned full lock on the wheel at 50 and just flat spin on her ASS. It was quite impressive. Loved that boat. A 32 sits real nose high and ass down. Cool IMO but it is tight in the cockpit as previously mentioned. Jared, go with a 35 like we've talked about. It would be great for your lake and will run like you want one to. Get one with 500s vs 525 sc's as the 502 block is more versatile for future upgrades. Also, holler at me if you want me to take some pix when im up at loto getting the new BT.

sweet addiction
02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Yea, I am definately set on a 35' with 500 HPs, 500 EFI or the EFI Mags which I prefer because they don't have the V belts and with the EFI I already have the injectors, computers and wire harness which are mega $$. Just being patient. :driving:

Go with a 35 or bigger. Not to be a dick but the beak does add quite a bit. The 35 will handle quite a bit and all that you/lake traivs can throw at it. My 35 could be turned full lock on the wheel at 50 and just flat spin on her ASS. It was quite impressive. Loved that boat. A 32 sits real nose high and ass down. Cool IMO but it is tight in the cockpit as previously mentioned. Jared, go with a 35 like we've talked about. It would be great for your lake and will run like you want one to. Get one with 500s vs 525 sc's as the 502 block is more versatile for future upgrades. Also, holler at me if you want me to take some pix when im up at loto getting the new BT.

sweet addiction
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I really like the red versus the green but my first boat was a teal color so it will work. Oh, one more thing. What is WOT with the HP500s?

sweet addiction
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Found a nice 2001 35' in Arlington. Stars and stripes graphics, 500 EFI's 282 hours on each. about 10k more than I want to spend, wrong windshield and single engine hatch not split but it is a nice rig. It may be already priced as low as they want to go but I could check it out later when I am ready.:driving:

WATCHUS
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey Scott were are you in NJ I just purchased a 32 96 very interested in all the posts about it mine has 540s ran it on a lake 81 gps very flat water.
Rich

scottw
02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Scott were are you in NJ I just purchased a 32 96 very interested in all the posts about it mine has 540s ran it on a lake 81 gps very flat water.
Rich

I'm in S. Jersey. Keeping my boat in Margate this summer on a rack. You ever head down to AC.?

Expensive Date
02-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Scott were in Margate? If I can't move my lift to a bigger slip were I am at might move lift to Jimmy's or margate is only about a half hour south.Might just rack.I really want to go at least 35 after this season.

WATCHUS
02-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Scott
We do a poker run to AC the end of june 25th and stay at Trump with about 50 boats than saturday we go to summers point for lunch lets hook up.
Rich

scottw
02-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Scott were in Margate? If I can't move my lift to a bigger slip were I am at might move lift to Jimmy's or margate is only about a half hour south.Might just rack.I really want to go at least 35 after this season.

Actually it is considered Northfield. It is on Margate Blvd. Sea Village Marina. Going to rack store there this season.

scottw
02-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Scott
We do a poker run to AC the end of june 25th and stay at Trump with about 50 boats than saturday we go to summers point for lunch lets hook up.
Rich

That sounds good Rich. We'll have to try to make that happen.