PDA

View Full Version : Lip-Ship 42X on cover of Powerboat!

Tank
01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Nice write up that gives props to Lip-Ship on an awesome boat!

Nice Birthday present for Phil today....Happy Bday buddy

Look for it in your mail box or on the stand (April 2010 issue).

01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Why do you get your Powerboat 2-3 weeks before me. :confused:

Tank
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM

Because I walk into the office and grab one the day they are shipped from the printer :sifone:

MarylandMark
01-30-2010, 03:39 PM
I love the Dallas Cowboys colors but sure does make the boat look shorter- like a 30 footer.

Can't wait to get my FREE subscription from the SOS contest! Thanks again Powerboat and SOS!!

BDiggity
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM

i was thinking same thing. seems like i just got the last copy about 2 weeks ago.

01-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I hope that article on GUNK has some real-time useful information.

GENERAL LEE
01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Because I walk into the office and grab one the day they are shipped from the printer :sifone:

The man has connects! :cheers2:

Another great cover for LipShip!

Ktron
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Insane!

Ktron
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM

stormrider
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
What is that, just to the outside of the outer exhausts?

Chris
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Pieces of aluminum billet. They're transom reinforcements on the other side from where the hatch openers mount.

BraceYourself
02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Cigarette has been struggling on how to mount the smartcraft at the dash on the drivers side for awhile.

This is better but still misses the mark. Once they incorporate it I think it'll give the dash a great look and be something people would look to buy new to get. But for the time being I still like the dash whithout the smartcraft, it just looks like a add on rather then a clean fit and finish.

Roger 1
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Pieces of aluminum billet. They're transom reinforcements on the other side from where the hatch openers mount.

I think that they are more like fancy siamese fender washers. I don't think they add much reinforcement they just keep the bolts from pulling through. I don't think that it's a very good idea to mount the lifts for a hatch that size on the transom.

Ktron
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I think that they are more like fancy siamese fender washers. I don't think they add much reinforcement they just keep the bolts from pulling through. I don't think that it's a very good idea to mount the lifts for a hatch that size on the transom.

I like the way they (Cig) mounts the struts for the hatch to the transom. It allows for excellent clearance when the hatch is up so you can move around the engine compartment. the only stress in that area is when the hatch is up and that is minor.

Ktron
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Cigarette has been struggling on how to mount the smartcraft at the dash on the drivers side for awhile.

This is better but still misses the mark. Once they incorporate it I think it'll give the dash a great look and be something people would look to buy new to get. But for the time being I still like the dash whithout the smartcraft, it just looks like a add on rather then a clean fit and finish.

I agree that it would be cool to have the smartcraft integrated nicely at the helm. Mine is located port dash. I can see it while driving but it would be more convenient at the helm.

CRC
02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Powerboat has cut two more issues and downsized the magazine.... :(

BRD
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Beatiful boat ! I agree on the smartcraft comments ... they don't look great on most dashes ...

Tank
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Powerboat has cut two more issues and downsized the magazine.... :(

Yep, pbm has gone down to 6 issues a year for now ( plan is to bump up issues as economy allows and hopefully get it back to all 11 issues a year asap).
They also went back to the size magazine they had before enlarging it a few years ago. All the little stuff helps to ensure they are around for another 40 years.

Roger 1
02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I like the way they (Cig) mounts the struts for the hatch to the transom. It allows for excellent clearance when the hatch is up so you can move around the engine compartment. the only stress in that area is when the hatch is up and that is minor.

When they first came out they were only mounted to the transom and it was an issue. They are braced down to the stringer now making for a much better design.

sweet addiction
02-05-2010, 11:43 PM
I read this the other day and have been checking the mail box every day. Now I know not to expect it for a week or so.

02-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Insane!

Did they move the Cockpit forward to accommodate staggered motors? That deck looks way short.

Ktron
02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
The cockpit on the 42X has not changed. The 42X has always been set up for staggered motors.

tesheer
02-16-2010, 05:44 PM

Agreed on the placement, I believe I remember reading that you can now integrate the Smartcraft data feeds into a Garmin units which would also solve many of these issues. I have a Northstar GPS which has the Smartcraft capability but the navigation/charting functions are far behind the new Garmin units. The Garmin touchscreens are very nice units and would be well worth the upgrade assuming I did not lose my digital gauges.

mgent
02-20-2010, 04:16 PM
While it may not look as integrated as some may like, the placement of the smartcraft is great for driving... very easy to glance at and monitor while driving without looking away from the water... We didn't have smartcraft on the old boat, but like this one.