PDA

View Full Version : Merc T2X

jeff1000man
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Anybody know where I can get one? Saw one on ebay maybe a year ago and am still kicking myself for not buying it.

Anybody got a line on another.

Restoring a 1975 Taylor SJ flatbottom that was my dad's first boat.

It had the old 150 inline 6 on it. Don't have that engine any more either. A T2X would really wake that thing up and it is the proper vintage to have been available for the dealership on that boat.

I think it would be awesome to put a restored T2X on his boat.

Thanks for the help

Ratickle
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Anybody know where I can get one? Saw one on ebay maybe a year ago and am still kicking myself for not buying it.

Anybody got a line on another.

Restoring a 1975 Taylor SJ flatbottom that was my dad's first boat.

It had the old 150 inline 6 on it. Don't have that engine any more either. A T2X would really wake that thing up and it is the proper vintage to have been available for the dealership on that boat.

I think it would be awesome to put a restored T2X on his boat.

Thanks for the help

They are few and far between. The one on Ebay went at a reasonable price according to Rich. PM him and see if he knows where most are at, he should....

jeff1000man
01-30-2010, 08:31 PM
They are few and far between. The one on Ebay went at a reasonable price according to Rich. PM him and see if he knows where most are at, he should....

The one on ebay was supposed to be mint. I am still kicking myself for not bidding on it.

Ratickle
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
The one I'm thinking of was a T2, not a T2x. I started a thread on it. Here's the link.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5202&highlight=t2