PDA

View Full Version : New IDPA gun

gerritm
01-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I shot my first match last Saturday and my HK40 USP tactical was good, but I wanted something a little more accurate and uses cheaper ammo. This is what my wife bought me for my birthday.:cheers2:

EAA Witness Limited Pro 9mm. Made by Tanfoglio of Italy. It is supposed to be out of the box ready and very accurate. I am shooting it tonight and will use it for a 3-gun match tomorrow if it doesn't get rained out. I looked at several American made high quality 9mm, 1911 style, and liked this one the best.:sifone:

Chris
01-29-2010, 12:41 PM
That's actually a CZ-pattern handgun. Alot of manufacturers have built pistols based on the original CZ-75. It's an exceptional design. The first was the Dornaus and Dixon BREN 10. The pistol Sonny Crockett carried in Vice. Jeff Cooper considered the CZ to be the best handgun ever (at the time) but considered the 9mm too underpowered. Hence the 10mm

Lots of good information here at the CZ Forum- http://www.czforumsite.info/

gerritm
01-29-2010, 02:11 PM
That's actually a CZ-pattern handgun. Alot of manufacturers have built pistols based on the original CZ-75. It's an exceptional design. The first was the Dornaus and Dixon BREN 10. The pistol Sonny Crockett carried in Vice. Jeff Cooper considered the CZ to be the best handgun ever (at the time) but considered the 9mm too underpowered. Hence the 10mm

Lots of good information here at the CZ Forum- http://www.czforumsite.info/

That's what I had heard. It seems like all handguns ( boats too) are patterned after 1 design or other. Parents of many are Colt 1911, Glock, CZ. As long as it was a good design to start with. It is very well balanced. I am anxious to shoot it. I think a 10 mm may be my next. I thought about that or the .45acp, but no reason to shoot the larger caliber for these events. Thanks for the link, I just registered.

Trim'd Up
01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Hard to beat 9mm for IDPA, or any target shooting. Cheap ammo and low recoil. You'll like that witness, they are shooters!
I traded my last 9mm not long ago, a S&W model 39. It seems I am slowly transitioning to all 45's in my automatics. The only other non 45 automatic I own is the HK USP-40, and I don't think it will be going anywhere.