PDA

View Full Version : TRS to 3a conversion

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 12:21 AM
i just wanted to share some pic's of my 3a winter project. here is a few of what it started out as. i know the down pipes suck, but in grand haven the noise police are at large.
btw the complete trs package is for sale. save my marriage. sheri so mad at me. lol.

todd

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 12:23 AM
the motors are out and the drives are off.

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 12:25 AM
a little lay out work.

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 12:27 AM
here is the tiller arm holes filled and the bottom of the old holes glassed.

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
and the last of the pics i have for now. holes are cut and drilled. and some gel work done.

todd

Offshore Ginger
01-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Todd , i sure hope that Doug guarantees is work and WHERE'S THE BEEF ........ just kidding

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 01:17 AM
hey artie

it is not as high as it looks. the old trs package has very very deep. over 6". doug (sabre marine) has some strong running boats out there that he has set up. ben and doug spent a lot of time on drive heights before they started.

todd

Offshore Ginger
01-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Todd , shoot me a PM me on the price of the drive's.:seeya:

Seafordguy
01-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Damn - lots of work there. Lookimg good...

Ratickle
01-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Nice to see this thread.

Make sure to tell Sheri at least you didn't go with dry-sump 6's......:sifone:

stormrider
01-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Why go to 3a and not a konrad setup?

Offshore Ginger
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Todd , we sure seem to burn the midnight + oil , wine for me and rum and coke for you . Todd , just by chance was it Captian or Sailor Jerry's ? HA HA HA I ,will give you a shout this week .

J-Bonz
01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Why go to 3a and not a konrad setup?

Good question..... Looking good bro!! Did you get your small boat done before starting this project?:cheers2:

baronmarine
01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Good question..... Looking good bro!! Did you get your small boat done before starting this project?:cheers2:

hi jack
still working on the little one. spent about 3 hours with a grinder today. all that is left to grind is the transom. thank god.
hey you should take the ferry across the lake this summer.
oh and on the konrad thing, and i knew it would be brought up. i just love speedmasters, and i got this setup for a good price. plus my trs package was mounted so low, to make konrads work right i still would of had to do all of this glass work to mount them up higher .

todd

J-Bonz
01-24-2010, 08:25 PM
hi jack
still working on the little one. spent about 3 hours with a grinder today. all that is left to grind is the transom. thank god.
hey you should take the ferry across the lake this summer.
oh and on the konrad thing, and i knew it would be brought up. i just love speedmasters, and i got this setup for a good price. plus my trs package was mounted so low, to make konrads work right i still would of had to do all of this glass work to mount them up higher .

todd

Todd,
Ahhh, that makes sense to me. Bravos would have been nice for one reason, more engine room....:willy_nilly: The progress looks great! I cant wait to here how it runs.. As for taking the ferry over, lets do it this summer!! I have been wanting to for 2 years now. I would like to check out that side of the lake.

Jr.

stormrider
01-25-2010, 10:32 AM
hi jack

todd

Love the 3a's, was just curious.
Nice to see the older rides being cared for properly.

baronmarine
02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
progress report. transom assy's are on for mock up. port motor is hanging also, getting the new motor mounts in. starboard tab mounting bracket is back on after repairing the gel that got pulled off. also got the transom cleaned up real nice.

todd

baronmarine
02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
a couple more. tie bar is a little to long so it needs to be cut down. also 1 of the new 380 tab plates.

todd

Tank
02-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Lookin' good man....You're going to love those 3A's bro...We love ours!:cheers2:

DAREDEVIL
02-16-2010, 12:18 AM
:iagree:

tsp
05-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Hey Todd,
How is the project coming along? Got mine finished. Mounted the new transom assembly without too much trouble. I am back on the water once again.
Tom

Ratickle
05-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Hey Todd,
How is the project coming along? Got mine finished. Mounted the new transom assembly without too much trouble. I am back on the water once again.
Tom

Need some pics with the story....

tsp
05-24-2010, 12:22 AM

Not much of a story. I bought one of Todd's TRS transom assemblies. Mine had a bad lower swivel bearing. I found it easier to swap assemblies than to disassemble mine.
A 3A conversion on my 24 would be a interesting.:sifone:

baronmarine
05-24-2010, 09:24 AM
hi tom
nice to hear from you. glad your swap went well.
my transom assy's are all mounted up. got the transmissions back together friday. motors are going in tonite and tomorrow nite. should be running by thursday. i will snap some pics this week.

todd

baronmarine
05-24-2010, 10:01 AM

hey paul

happen to have a set of props a can try out ??

todd

DAREDEVIL
05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
hi tom
nice to hear from you. glad your swap went well.
my transom assy's are all mounted up. got the transmissions back together friday. motors are going in tonite and tomorrow nite. should be running by thursday. i will snap some pics this week.

todd

Make shure the pumps run in the correct direction on the trannys ..LOL:ack2:

Ratickle
05-24-2010, 10:43 AM
hey paul

happen to have a set of props a can try out ??

todd

Yep, let me know when you're about ready. I'll swing them by Ben's.

baronmarine
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Yep, let me know when you're about ready. I'll swing them by Ben's.

thanks paul. shooting for wednesday or thursday if that works.
btw what do you drink ??

todd

Ratickle
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
thanks paul. shooting for wednesday or thursday if that works.
btw what do you drink ??

todd

I'll try to drop then off tomorrow.

J-Bonz
05-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Todd,
Great Project. Good Luck on the sea trial!! I am curious to here how much cruising speed you pick up..
Jr.