PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on "The Sting"

BattleCry
01-22-2010, 03:01 AM
I see its coming up for Auction at a Treasury sale and am curious what the story is. Thank you

Big Andy

Top Banana
01-22-2010, 09:21 PM
There were two "Stings". The first was a 454 with 330 HP with a TRS drive. The same owners then built a second boat with twin outboards.

The first was a boat we made and the second was a boat made by the other people.....which boat is going through the treasury sale?

BattleCry
01-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Twin Outboards. Its at National Liquidators in Fort Lauderdale. The sale is on the 3rd of Feb. Is there anything that should be known about the boats built by the other company? Thanks Charlie

Big Andy

Top Banana
01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Twin Outboards. Its at National Liquidators in Fort Lauderdale. The sale is on the 3rd of Feb. Is there anything that should be known about the boats built by the other company? Thanks Charlie

Big Andy

Some of the boats they made had questionable layups and delaminated.

This boat has been around long enough to prove it doesn't have any of those problems.

I would say it is a good boat.

Top Banana
08-17-2014, 07:20 PM
I attended a poker run last weekend that ran out of Fall River Mass and had a lunch stop at Newport, RI. As we were coming into Newport harbor, the Sting was just heading out. At lunch someone told me the boat was just sold a week ago for $10,000.

Boat looked in good shape from what I could see as we passed at the mouth of the harbor.

Ratickle
08-18-2014, 06:32 PM
The original Sting you made with the 454?