PDA

View Full Version : Changing graphics...What do you think?

Tank
11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm thinking about pulling the vinyl off the cig and doing something a little mroe subtle. When I got the opportunity to have a free wrap done I went crazy:sifone: But really I like the more subtle look. The boat is all white from the factory so I thought I'd just ad a little color. all white boats are cool but I like a little something to offset it.

Thinking of something like this. And maybe having the stretched Cig oval fall in behind the script cigarette at it's normal spot near the transom (though I can't show it in a pic due to my limited photoshop abilities:sifone:)

Just looking for some feedback.

The way it looks now:

Tank
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Though the vinyl is on it's 3rd season, it's holding up well but I'm thinking of something like this...

inbetween
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Looks good. I like it with out the oval

stecz20
11-17-2008, 09:38 PM
i dont think i like it.. gotta have the oval... i dont like it...

Seafordguy
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
i dont think i like it.. gotta have the oval... i dont like it...

I know it isn't the vogue thing to do but I agree with Stecz.

And actually I don't think your boat looks THAT wild....

Either way - definitely needs that signature oval.....

C M R
11-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Different.. but not bad.

I like your addition of the tow line, the Tiger pulling the sail boat:biggrinjester:

inbetween
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
What's the deal with the oval? Has to be on the boat? I prefer the script over the oval, but that's just me. I'm a Formula guy so I need some explaining about this cig stuff

Offshoredrillin
11-17-2008, 10:06 PM
have both, the oval in it's normal spot, then have the word cigarette kind of sweep on the side, with the yellow under it..maybe have the yellow come up to the rub rail as well.

Tank
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Like I said, I'd like to do the design with the oval with photo shop but I'm not that advanced. I'd like to try and see what it looks like with the oval in the normal spot and the script in the same place over it. Something different.

Thanks for the input.

BDiggity
11-17-2008, 10:42 PM
How do you like your wrap? Thats going to be the spring '10 project- updated graphics via vinyl.

i always liked this Cig logo. Mixes the oval w/ the script.

Tank
11-18-2008, 02:02 AM
How do you like your wrap? Thats going to be the spring '10 project- updated graphics via vinyl.

i always liked this Cig logo. Mixes the oval w/ the script.

The wrap is actually great. Has held up way better than I expected. Figured if I got two or three seasons out of it I'd be happy. The thing hasn't had any issues at all. I just think I want to tone it down a bit.

And yea, I like the script with the oval too. Kind've like Tom A's Maximus also

cigracing1
11-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Tank you have to have the Cig Oval it's a must.

Offshoredrillin
11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
ask glassdave, he can do renderings and then cut and mail the vinyl to ya for a nominal fee.

Sea-Dated
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I like the more subtle looks too but you have to have the oval on the back.

Perlmudder
11-18-2008, 01:15 PM
what about classic cig oval on the side with the yellow stripe and the cig writing on the top deck...?

BDiggity
11-18-2008, 03:07 PM
i have poor self esteem so it needs to be splattered w/ cig logos. :biggrinjester:

H20 Toie
11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Keep the wrap you have it looks great. plus easy to spot in a group.

SKRAMER
11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I like it!!!

Tank
11-18-2008, 05:24 PM
what about classic cig oval on the side with the yellow stripe and the cig writing on the top deck...?

The cig writings already on the deck and I didn't plan on taking it off.

I really like the chrome cig script half hidden by the water line when the boats in the water.

I'm planning on having the oval there....But the newer stretched style oval like I have on the fairing and side of the fairings. (see pic)

Keep the wrap you have it looks great. plus easy to spot in a group.

Thanks Dan...I'm not planning on doing it too quick. Just kicking the idea around. Maybe next summer or next fall.

And I wouldn't nec. go with a yellow stripe but the boat has mostly yellow highlights so I'm just going with the prodominant color. Also plan on taking the teal out of the sun pad.

Woody
11-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Sell it like it is and buy Wild's......it's a blank slate...time to step up to a TS:biggrinjester:

Coolerman
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Personally, I like the wrap you have right now. just my 2cents.. :)

Tomas Wallin
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Looks good! Whatabout a ghosted oval kind of like the Indian head on the No reservations 41 Apache?!

http://www.41apache.com/xSites/Agents/ApacheRacing/Content/UploadedFiles/Picture%20008.jpg

Perlmudder
11-19-2008, 12:18 PM
The cig writings already on the deck and I didn't plan on taking it off.

I really like the chrome cig script half hidden by the water line when the boats in the water.

I'm planning on having the oval there....But the newer stretched style oval like I have on the fairing and side of the fairings. (see pic)

Thanks Dan...I'm not planning on doing it too quick. Just kicking the idea around. Maybe next summer or next fall.

And I wouldn't nec. go with a yellow stripe but the boat has mostly yellow highlights so I'm just going with the prodominant color. Also plan on taking the teal out of the sun pad.

didnt see the cig logo on the other pics. (i like how it says lit cig though, thats really cool!) have you thought about trying to use some purple to bring the sun pad colors into the design? might bring things together a bit more?

Westcoast
11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
+1 for the current wrap....I think they hit a homerun with your current design.

stecz20
11-19-2008, 01:04 PM
tank you are gonna be a homo regardless what you put on the cig... your boat is cool, but you're a tool....

why are you changing it.. you just tired of it??? or is it getting ratty?? im surprised, since your such a big shot and got some press from it... id enjoy it for a bit more, but that me, once you chnage it you're gonna be the same old dick head that you used to be....:03::03:

Perlmudder
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
tank you are gonna be a homo regardless what you put on the cig... your boat is cool, but you're a tool....

why are you changing it.. you just tired of it??? or is it getting ratty?? im surprised, since your such a big shot and got some press from it... id enjoy it for a bit more, but that me, once you chnage it you're gonna be the same old dick head that you used to be....:03::03:

tell us how you really feel! :sifone:

Tank
11-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Looks good! Whatabout a ghosted oval kind of like the Indian head on the No reservations 41 Apache?!
[/IMG]

I like the ghosted idea....just don't know how well it'd work with vinyl.

didnt see the cig logo on the other pics. (i like how it says lit cig though, thats really cool!) have you thought about trying to use some purple to bring the sun pad colors into the design? might bring things together a bit more?

Yea, I plan on leaving the "Lit Cigarette" on the deck. Since the boats name is "Lit" and it's CNC'd into the swim step too. There's lots of purple running through the interior of the boat (carpet, stitching, bezzles, wheel, controls, etc).

+1 for the current wrap....I think they hit a homerun with your current design.

Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I'm just looking to the near future to do something different. I actually helped design the current look. I used the basic swirl pattern that was on an MTI, added the large cig oval and put the back ground colors in. But I still think I'm going to tone it down next time.

why are you changing it.. you just tired of it??? or is it getting ratty?? im surprised, since your such a big shot and got some press from it... id enjoy it for a bit more, but that me, once you chnage it you're gonna be the same old dick head that you used to be....

Stecz, do the letter's "F.O." mean anything to you??:sifone:

But to answer your question, no it's not getting ratty at all. Like I said, it's held up way better than I expected and is pretty much as it was when it was first put on. I'm just thinking about toning it down a bit. Guess I'm just bored. That's what's cool about the wraps. You can dramatically change the look of your boat every couple years for a fraction the cost to paint.

Thanks for the support though buddy!!:moon:

Woody
11-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Sell like it is and buy Wild's. It's a blank canvas and about time you stepped up to a TS:26:

Tommy Gun
11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Tank;24152]

Stecz, do the letter's "F.O." mean anything to you??:sifone:

QUOTE]

Carefull there Tank...with Stecz anything that begins with "O"...ends in "rifice". :03:

stecz20
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
why dont you talk to some graphic guys, get some ideas you like..... put them on paper...